Diageo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Diageo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

3.1

Screening Interview Interview

Interview

Applied Online, Recruiter emailed me to setup interview.

On the day of interview, just minutes before interview another email says, "last minute change, interview rescheduled for X date, Y time.".

The X date and Y time, was expecting the call and didn't call me. Emailed them, in reply "they asked for same day different time". No call yet.

One of the worst interviews so far in my career. Waste of time.

Diageo Response

Aug 16, 2017 – Social Media Team

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us your comments. We're sorry to hear that you weren't pleased with the interview process, but thank you for sharing your feedback as this will be valuable in... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Diageo (Norwalk, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

I went through the normal application process by completing the forms along with behavior questionaire. It was a little surprising that I was called for an in-person interview directly, without any phone or online interview as indicated by other submitters. I was interviewed by a lead BSA and the business partner. Questions are around my current job and how would I handle a specific situation. I received the email a couple of days later that the position is filled with another applicant. I contacted the managers interviewed me to ask if there's anything I can improve to make through my future interviews. They both answered that I am still a potential candidate for another opening. However I think I would get notification this time even if they choose other candidates, since the opening is not the job title that I applied for. I am considering it as a denial at this point.

Interview Questions

• How do you complete an RTM?
      Do you have the experience when you are unable to get the right information? How do you handle it?   1 Answer

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Diageo (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very detailed interview about your background, your skills, your aspirations. Examples of your previous achievements, failures, how did you manage to overcome difficulties, etc. Special emphasis on how to manage projects and how to influence people.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Diageo (New York, NY).

Interview

There is a first online aptitude/personality test before the CV and motivational letter screening. I did this some days ago but I'm still waiting for an answer. It should take some time I suppose.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Diageo.

Interview

1. Three Phases often to reflect the values they live every day
    2. They do provide a introduction, and does introduce everyone who will be interviewing
    3. Typically, the try to get a representative per band level to try evaluate talent
    4. They value potential and personality equally to skill and experience

Interview Questions

• They will sometimes present a case study. They will ask, run me through your solution and logic?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Diageo (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Extremely lengthy process which lasted 5 months. My main HR contact turned out to be sketchy and disconnected from what was going on. Really was
    not a good people person. I was handed off to 2-3 different HR people throughout the time but somehow I had to deal with this main woman who was more focused on promoting herself on LinkedIn than anything. I made it pretty far and had another offer with another company. I immediately let her know but she could care less and did not seem to think it was time critical. She eventually called me back wanting to set up time for another call later in the week without getting I was going to take another job if they were not prepared to offer me anything. She ruined my experience. Most of the people in the office seemed good but HR missed the mark by a lot. Not good when that's the face of the company.

Packaging Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Diageo in March 2016.

Interview

I've had a few online interviews with Diageo and they have been negative experiences. Personally I find it incredibly difficult to answer interview questions when you are talking to a screen and not a person (the text of the question pops up, you get 30 seconds to think of an answer, and then your response is recorded). The most recent time it took 7 months before I received an email saying the position had been cancelled. Unprofessional and very slow moving process.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired for this position, what would you do in the first 90 days?   Answer Question

On-Premise Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Diageo (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

had an informal interview followed by a panel interview. I thought it went well but the managers never replied to my follow up e-mail, not even to say they had filled the position.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Diageo (Napa, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred through an employee. HR called me within a day or two and was very excited about my experience, talked about the culture at Diageo and how they believed in promoting from within, investing in their people, great benefits, etc. We were mutually excited and I was scheduled to meet with 4 individuals for an hour each. One of the women in particular was very aggressive in her interview style mentioning that there was a lot of "red tape", that I would have to be "aggressive" in order to do my job successfully and basically trying to discourage me from the position. I left the interview thinking job aside, I did not want to work with that person. HR then stalled for over a week on follow-up and it wasn't until the person that referred me contacted me that I found out the real story. This woman was threatened by me (by experience and looks) yet her reasoning was that I did not "send a follow up thank you" which would have been the professional thing to do. Totally ridiculous. I am glad I did not get the job - too many politics and turnover.

Global Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Diageo (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied Global Graduate Program position online. First, it offers the personality quiz and some situational questions online. Then it invites you to attend a digital interview. Remember to check your computer before your interview. I used iPhone to do the digital interview which is a bad idea because it is hard to type the case study answer via phone application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best fit to work for Diageo?
      2 Case study, compare the news and diagram to analyze the best products to market.   Answer Question