Direct Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.5

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Interview

Organized, friendly, was a two way conversation vs only being asked questions. There was a Good mix of interviewers. Wasn’t scheduled for too long or too short - right amount of time. Everyone was helpful and nice.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was typical. There was the initial phone screening with the recruiter.
     The next step was a telephone interview with the Department Manager. The final step was an interview with the direct Manager.

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of any questions outside of the typical interview questions that were asked.   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

This was the worst interview I have ever been on. Total lack of professionlism, felt more like a interrogation than an interview. The two managers who were conducting the interview had zero personality, never smiled, were more concerned about skills I didn't have than what I could do for the company. I would avoid this company like the plague!

Business Interview

Interview

Applied online and then received an email about setting up an interview time. The interview was 45 minutes alone with one company representative. It was a typical interview setting and atmosphere.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called in to interview for an open Paralegal position and after going through a phone interview with HR, was contacted for an in person interview. I was scheduled to interview with 3 people on the team and right from the beginning there was trouble. The first person that I interviewed with could not tell me exactly what the role was and the duties that were to be performed. She did not seem to be able to concentrate on the interview and had no questions prepared. The second person that I interviewed with was continuously looking at their phone and basically described the role as what ever the company needed done at the time. The last person I met with was just distracted and continued to talk on about the benefits and what the team was doing and did not give a chance for me to say anything at all.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Penn State University, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Received call after job fair at university. Went in for an interview with a single person for about 45+ minutes. Asked about how I learned about company, what I thought the company did and why I was interested in the company, along with personality/social questions.

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Energy.

Interview

The interview process went from decent to bad. I was contacted by a person in HR by email about a month after applying for the job online. The first interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager. I passed this round and made it on to the first in person interview where I met a few people on the team and the hiring manager. I passed this round and made it on to the final interview to meet some of the higher ups. I honestly felt like I did a great job and spent a great deal of time preparing, as I really wanted this job. Each communication up until this point had been between 1-2 weeks apart, and overall this process took about 1.5 months. After the final round interview, I sent my thank you notes and felt good about my chances. I ended up hearing NOTHING for 5 weeks despite following up weekly. It's pathetic to not get back to a candidate who has invested so much time in your company and made arrangements to miss work for interviews several times. Everyone on this site is correct that Direct Energy has no respect or value for its job candidates. I did not appreciate having to sit and wait nervously for so long. Finally after 5 weeks I was told the job went to someone else.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people in one day, each meeting was scheduled for 30 min, total of 2hrs. I met the manager, 2 teammates and 1 senior manager. Was surprised to take a quick 2 short answer quiz. Did not get the job, but seemed like a good place to work for. Open office environment. I never heard back although. It would be nice to at least be advised once I'm no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to lead? How do you prefer to be trained and how do you train?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was super basic. The recruiter wrote down almost everything i said and took up about 4 pages of notes in her book. No technical questions whatsoever but know how to answer behavioral questions in depth because they will ask every detail into you answer.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult assignment you've ever received? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Energy (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with 2 managers. Went really well. 2 days later talked to the guy on phone who ran the center. Thanksgiving break, then called back and was told to come to office. Came to office and was left in lobby for 2 hours.