Direct Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Direct Energy

2.5

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called in to interview for an open Paralegal position and after going through a phone interview with HR, was contacted for an in person interview. I was scheduled to interview with 3 people on the team and right from the beginning there was trouble. The first person that I interviewed with could not tell me exactly what the role was and the duties that were to be performed. She did not seem to be able to concentrate on the interview and had no questions prepared. The second person that I interviewed with was continuously looking at their phone and basically described the role as what ever the company needed done at the time. The last person I met with was just distracted and continued to talk on about the benefits and what the team was doing and did not give a chance for me to say anything at all.

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Iselin, NJ) in April 2019.

Interview

1st phone interview with HR (30 mins) , 2nd phone interview with Hiring Manager (30 mins), In person interview with 5 interviewers (2.5 hours). Interview was on Monday and HR called on Friday inquiring expected salary, benefits with existing company etc. and mentioned that he will work on Financials and get back in touch on Monday. Emailed him on Tue to follow up with no response. Hiring manager and the team were nice but seems like no one is holding HR accountable for their job responsibilities. If they change their mind, atleast communicate and let us know that we have decided to not move forward with your application. But silence for a week after an email and compensation chat is irresponsible. Outside of hiring if they treat people like this imagine how employees will be treated. How do you attract talent by ignoring their inquiries and not following up after stating you will? With that being said, I have decided to move away from this Company and will not be applying here in future and recommend the same for others.

Interview Questions

• How can you implement change when people are not ready to accept the change?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • How do you think you can add value to this organization based on your past experience?   Answer Question
    • What PPM Tools are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. There was a phone screen and multiple in-person interviews. But after dragging things out for weeks and telling me they were still trying to make a decision, I ultimately never heard anything more from them. It was surprising for such a big company.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better independently or on a team?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Energy in June 2014.

Interview

I saw the job posting on LinkedIn. I submitted my resume and contacted an associate that I have known for several years to let her know I applied. I discussed my situation with her in a phone call later that week. She personally sent over my resume to the hiring manager. After this, I was invited to discuss my qualifications via phone with a company internal recruiter. From here, a panel interview was arranged a couple of weeks later. I then was invited back for two additional interviews - each with a separate member of senior management.
    The process was somewhat drawn out; however, they were always very courteous of my time and validated parking.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of things do you do outside of work that make you stand out as a candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Very laid back and open style of interview. 3 different managers were part of the interview process. typical types of questions. I.E. strengths, weakness, long term goals. Each person had a little bit different interview style so it didn't seem that repetitive as you might think,

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a scenario where you had a confrontation with a co worker and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Energy.

Interview

There were four people interviewing one after another. Two of them didn't ask too many questions and just told me about the company. They asked stuff like why do you want to get into the energy industry, and what do you think you can add to this company. Mainly questions to get to you know you.

Interview Questions

• How long would it take you to tie all the shoes in the city and how would you do it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

They use temp agencies mostly with a few direct hires. Apply online with resume and essay. Recruitment is a lengthy HR process and may take a few months depending on how motivated mgmt is feeling. There are generally 1 to 2 interviews with a duo of managers present. Definate background and drug test if an offer is extended.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had an issue with a co-worker and what did you do   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, was given a take or leave offer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial phone call screening by the director and then was called for interview. First round of interview was with 5 people. Was called in for second interview and had interview with four other people. Was called in for a third interview and interviewed 4 people including couple of repeats.

Interview Questions

• What is volatility and define mathematical representation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Interview consists of one phone interview by HR and one on-site interview with 4 people. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and the on-site interview lasted the whole morning. Questions are behavior-based and not technical. They asked why DE, why this position, experience at previous job, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Energy in January 2008.

Interview

Spoke to an HR recruiter over the phone and we talked generally about the company, what I was looking for, etc., and then she set up a half-day visit at their office. There, I had a few different sessions, with my potential boss, heads of other (related) groups, and one with 3-4 colleagues.

It's a pretty typical power retailer--nothing particularly impressive about the employees, but nothing wrong with them, either.

Interview Questions

• On a load curve (time on the x-axis, MW on the y-axis), what represents the total power generated?   1 Answer

Two main reasons: one, the job wasn't the exact fit I was looking for--it was somewhat formulaic and I was looking for something with more analytical freedom. Second, I had other interviews already set up, with companies I was more excited about, and thought I could afford to be somewhat picky.