Direct Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.5

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people in one day, each meeting was scheduled for 30 min, total of 2hrs. I met the manager, 2 teammates and 1 senior manager. Was surprised to take a quick 2 short answer quiz. Did not get the job, but seemed like a good place to work for. Open office environment. I never heard back although. It would be nice to at least be advised once I'm no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to lead? How do you prefer to be trained and how do you train?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Energy (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with 2 managers. Went really well. 2 days later talked to the guy on phone who ran the center. Thanksgiving break, then called back and was told to come to office. Came to office and was left in lobby for 2 hours.

Connected Home & Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview took about 30 minutes, series of behavioral questions. My interviewer was a recent graduate, so the interview was overall very conversational and followed some of the experiences I listed on my resume while my interviewer took notes. Company followed up within a week of the interview date and delivered news of rejection over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project in which you had to work in a group setting / what role did you play?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Buffalo Grove, IL).

Interview

The interview went well, they honestly ask the basic interview questions. What's a difficult situation you have been in, how did you resolve it. ETC......I sat with a rep whom basically hate the company but enjoys her paychecks.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked with a co-worked I did not get along with.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Buffalo Grove, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter and encouraged to both apply and sign up for an interview session. I completed the Predictive Index. I attended the interview which was scheduled to be two hours in length. The interview began as a group session in which the presenter gave an overview of the company to a group of applicants. That portion lasted about 1/2 hour. Then two team leads invited me to join them in a different room. I explained that I was not interested in a sales position. I was asked a series of general behavioral questions such as how I deal with difficult people, what my former supervisor would say about me, if I ever stepped aside to allow another employee to advance at my expense and similar questions. The two interviewers emphasized the company's open door policy several times and also stated that the evaluation process is very direct and fair with no employee ever setup for failure. One stated that an employee needs to maintain at least an 85% evaluation score to continue employment. When it was my turn to ask the questions which were for the most part general with some where I requested specific examples, it appeared that the interview was going well. Their responses directly contradicted their sales pitch, however I was still considering this relatively low paying position as workable. The two interviewers left the room after stating they would tell me the next step. Five minutes later, one of the interviewers returned and stated that they were going to show me out of the building. So, very abruptly, without explanation of reasons or clarification of "the next step", that's how the interview ended. I was not given a tour of the building, nor was I permitted to shadow an employee.

It was the strangest end to an interview I've ever had. I left feeling disrespected and rudely treated. But probably a blessing in disguise that I wasn't hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve the conflict?   1 Answer
    • Describe the most constructive criticism that you've received and if you agree with that criticism.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Buffalo Grove, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

They ask about 5 or 7 basic interview question. Next there is a side by side with a CSR. Then there is one final question where they give you a scenario and you have to resolve.

Rotation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Energy in November 2015.

Interview

1. On-campus interview
    2. Direct Energy HQ - 8:00am- 12:30pm

Unfortunately, I did not receive the offer for the rotation program but it was an amazing experience to interview and meet the people at DE. I'll apply again once I have more relevant experience. I think overall, I did well, but they are looking for someone that stands out, takes initiative, and can solve problems in a structured way.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a resume drop on my school's online job board, and then notified me the next day to sign up for an interview on their website. The interview was on campus at my school and was a typical behavioral interview. There were no technical questions and the interviewer followed a script of questions and would not deviate much from it.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation in which you were forced to adapt and its outcome.   Answer Question

Finance Rotational Program Participant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Had first round interview on my university campus - easy, 30 minute behavioral interview. Then was invited to Houston office for second round interview - had group case, behavioral interview, and individual case. 5 days after my second round interview, recruiter called to tell me of their decision.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard behavioral questions. Was asked to use STAR method.   Answer Question

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website, and I received an e-mail from their recruiter. Even though he wanted to talk to me "ASAP", he did not follow-up with me after my e-mail reply and voicemail message for another week. As it is expected during these "screening" calls, the overall presentation of this recruiter left me with the impression that he was either too overwhelmed with work or simply trying to fill his quota of interviews. I did not like the lack of interpersonal skills, and it was somewhat insulting in the manner in which he presented some of his questions such as my tenure in other companies.

Personally, I am less than impressed with their lack of follow-up and follow-through. If the recruiting experience is this disorganized, impersonal, and rushed, I can only imagine how terrible their corporate cultural experience once inside.

Interview Questions

• We went over my previous experience, how my management skills would be a good fit for their role, and why I applied for that opportunity at their company--standard questions, really.   Answer Question