DirectBuy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2009.

Interview

The first interview was a brief phone interview and a set up for a second interview. When I went to the second interview there were a couple other people there too. They explained to the group about the company, what the position was and what we'd be doing, the pay and hours, etc. After that they interviewed us individually. A day or two later I was offered the job and began training with two other girls. The three of us trained for a few days and then each of us was pulled to aside individually by the manager. I was told that there were only two positions and I had got one. After being there a couple of years i noticed they did that every group they hired. They hire more than they need and weed out those not right for job.

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Orlando, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of sitting with a group of other applicants and reading the script for the outbound cold calls. You had to be comfortable reading the script and role-playing with one of the interviewers (there were 2) through the call right there in the room in front of everyone else. It seemed as though anyone that could read clearly and stay coherent through the script was hired.

Interview Questions

• The only "question" was simply being called on to read.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. The salary is $8.00/hr. with a $2.00/hr. bonus as long as you are on time and present every day of the pay period (2 per month). The commissions come in the form of memberships signed as a result of your booking appointments for prospects to come in for a tour/presentation.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DirectBuy (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. I met with Jesica Cherry. Went through the interview process for Collection Dept. Was hired the next week. Then I was promoted from there.

Interview Questions

• Are you experienced with frustrated customers   1 Answer

Membership Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Corona, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Interviewees have to see a sales presentation about Direct Buy which is the same that prospective clients get. After sales pitch each candidate is placed at a table individually for further interviewee questioning. Management decides which 2 interviewees to hire when they only have 1 official opening. Within the 90 day hire period whoever sells the most gets the job. However the 2 interviewees are unaware about what management is doing and do not know that they are competing for one open position.

Membership Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

First I met with the Sales Manager. Then I was interviewed by both of them together. The next step was for me to see a full sales presentation. It was excellent! All of my questions that I asked were answered and they reviewed my resume and asked me about each of my past employers. It was pretty straight forward.

Telephone Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Tampa Palms, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Normal Interview. Knew I had the job at the end. Basic personality questions and discussion about the job. Was told about pay and coffee breaks. Other than that no benefits. Expectations of cold calling and sales quotas laid out.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell the membership to me? What describes your personality as a salesman?   1 Answer

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DirectBuy.

Interview

it was a very easy interview. I showed up acted confident and answered all the questions they asked.
    ie what sets you apart from the others who applied
    just show up look nice and chances are as long as you answer their questions and stay positive and confident they'll offer you something

Email Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

The process consisted of 2 phone calls and an in-person interview. The time between the calls and in-person were over the course of 3 weeks which is typical for hiring.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about past experience and data structure.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2012.

Interview

I went in asking if they were hiring. Was told to come back the next day to interview with the owner. Very next day I met with owner and she interviewed me one on one. Asked basic questions but took some time to get to know me personally. I was offered the job on the spot. easy.

Public Relations Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Lancaster, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice. I was asked to read a phone script aloud. I was told about the benefits of the company and I was excited about it. I really saw that there was a major difference in the prices between retail and DirectBuy

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work evenings   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations