DirectBuy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

1.9

Concierge Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Merrillville, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Job Fair, bring resume and fill out an application- bring it in, and wait until they grab you for a one on one interview with a team lead or a manager. Basic interviewing questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Can you work in a fast paced environment? Why do you think you would be a good fit here?   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DirectBuy.

Interview

it was a very easy interview. I showed up acted confident and answered all the questions they asked.
    ie what sets you apart from the others who applied
    just show up look nice and chances are as long as you answer their questions and stay positive and confident they'll offer you something

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

It was ok. Two people interviewed me, the manager and owner. They reviewed my resume and asked what I had to offer to the company. I got a raise and promotion after being there a month.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DirectBuy (North Richland Hills, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy. Owner of DirectBuy, Larry was very informative on whole membership process of the company and was looking to build up a new marketing team to bump up sales on memberships. After the first 15 minutes, he breaks the position down to specifics, which was not customer service but to cold call individuals to set up appts to come to our professional but private showroom to get their membership and business.

Interview Questions

• How many years of customer service skills did I have experience in?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Appleton, WI).

Interview

Hour long, they presented videos about the business and showed a lucrative pay plan (NOT SO) once you work there and see your paychecks. It was fairly an easy interview. They explain they concept, benfits, and rules of direct buy. At the end of interview they will split you up and do one on ones

Concierge Shopping Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Merrillville, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is very easy. They want to hire people. They kind of give the impression they are desperate for bodies that can show up to work on time.

Reservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Merrillville, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was very straight, quick and to the point. Covered experience, ability to except,and excel in new role, and if I was open to learning about the company, it's procedures, and learning new sales techniques,and how to communicate in a team centered environment.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at DirectBuy.

Interview

It is a group interview. You are first introduced to your prospective immediate manager, who will then speak with you individually to basically get to know you and figure out basically what would motivate you to become an employee. This process is similar to the sales process they use, so it's pretty persuasive if you are not an experienced salesperson.

You then go to a group interview where you are basically sold on the benefits of DirectBuy membership and told that you will be setting appointments for people to come in and join as members. You will also get access as if you were a member just for working (a good perk).

The only part that I did not agree with was how they pitched expected income. They made it seem like you'd make a lot more than you would. I would take whatever number they quote and expect to make 70% of it if you're doing good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. Salary and other terms are inflexible.

Catalog Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DirectBuy (Merrillville, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview and comprehensive test. You had a phone interview with HR, then interview with the Manager of Dept, and completed with a comprehensive test. Once hired, background check and drug test were completed.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DirectBuy (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. I met with Jesica Cherry. Went through the interview process for Collection Dept. Was hired the next week. Then I was promoted from there.

Interview Questions

• Are you experienced with frustrated customers   1 Answer