Discount Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discount Tire Interview Questions

Interviews at Discount Tire

1.7

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discount Tire.

Interview

Want to know about who you are as a person, work ethic his very important. You need to be somewhat technically inclined but they’ll teach you everything you need to know.

Tire Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discount Tire.

Interview

They ask you typical behavior questions, and if you're able to preform physical labor like change a tire or know how to jack up a vehicle. You also have to pass an ethics test in order to be hired.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Lansing, MI) in February 2020.

Interview

Super passive. One phone call from a local number(which I couldn’t answer at the time). Followed by a text to complete an internal form. Well my resume stated all of this, and seem redundant. I attempted to call the number back, and was told it was a robo call. I believe I was lied to and this recruiter didn’t want to speak to me. I have a bachelors degree and experience in this retail environment. Received a generic email stating that they’ll keep my resume on file.

Not mad but super disappointed in a company that needs experienced personal. “Ghosting” potential applicants isn’t a way to recruit. Didn’t even have a chance at bat

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Kissimmee, FL) in January 2020.

Interview

Really easy interview they just explain the position, first I got a call when the rep told me will be a 35000$ starting position I said ok if I have chances to grow with the company will be fine because I’m currently making double than that. After 2 interviews they offer me to start as a part time position while I’m in training at 11$ an hour. Really? It was good to learn more about the company but at the end I just wasted my time.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Atlanta, GA) in January 2020.

Interview

Straight-forward, light and easy interview. You’ll mainly just be talking about yourself and a little of your background. The main concern is your general personality and level of willingness to work.

Interview Questions

• “Tell me five things about yourself.”   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process was a very simple one. I personally did not have an extended application process because I was referred by a friend who used to work at the company.

Organizational Change Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2019.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and set me up with the hiring manager for a phone call. Hiring manager spoke rapidly and appeared to like me so much that he told me he was just going to bring me in to meet the team. I went in on September 18, 2019 and from the moment I stepped in the building, everything started to get wonky. The hiring manager was NOT a part of the interview and he only popped his head in for a moment, barely said "hello" to me. The communications specialist stated she would have to excuse herself in 30 minutes in order to attend a class. That left me with two very young team members, one of whom barely uttered a single word. There was no structure to the interview and it seemed as though they were just making it up as they went along. The recruiter also popped her head in, but I never heard back from her. I basically escorted myself out of the room & building (they were all on their way to lunch). I followed up about 10 days later...first via a LinkedIn.com message to the hiring manager (who had initiated the "link")...never responded. I sent an email to the recruiter on October 1 and finally received a reply on October 8th...saying that interviews were still on-going. I sent another email on October 28th and as of this writing (Nov. 7) I haven't received a reply. What a mess. And this from a company that brags about their "People Care" initiative. Wow. Don't allow companies to treat you like this. Find a company that has a modicum of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• How did you go about starting the training department for Red Bull?   1 Answer

Tire Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire.

Interview

Very casual, I did not dress up for it as I was in high school at the time and did not know better. I handed the application to the manager and they gave me an interview immediately.

Interview Questions

• If you made a huge mistake and you can no longer complete the task in time, what do you do?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discount Tire.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward process. Fill out application, meet various area managers to get insight to the job expectations, and then meet with executive team to discuss strengths and long-term goals. Background check and drug screen required.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to be humble and learn from others who may be younger/older and have more experience despite your role being supervisor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Discount Tire (San Antonio, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

I had an interview with store manager. was asked a few questions and if i accepted , was i able to attend training. i told them yes and then the store manager said to me it's very hard work and i am able to handle it. i took a tour and was sure i could handle it.

Interview Questions

• how do you see your growth in discount tire.   1 Answer