Discount Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

1. Featured Interview

Tire Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Cleveland, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy, relaxing but, effective, most of the questions were about accomplishment and other jobs I had in the past and how much I made at those places. Interview was one on one but, also met others going in and out of the office. Overall everyone was friendly, easy to talk to and eager to meet you.

Interview Questions

• work history, reasons why I left those places, other accomplishments. If I had previous experience in the field   1 Answer

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Discount Tire.

Interview

Short and to the point mainly based off of the managers initial impression of you, of course you had to fill out an application form but I was told as lonf as I passed the drug test I had the job.

Apprentice Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Lunas, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Los Lunas, NM).

Interview

I was interviewed by one manager and was asked questions that would determine if i was capable of preforming the job. I was asked to preform a sale to a customer while the manager watched me. I was also asked to preform the necessary steps required to run the bays in a teemingly manner.

Interview Questions

• what is the mission statement   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discount Tire.

Interview

Went very easy. If you know someone that is already working there, and they are able to put in a good word for you, then all you have to do is show them that you are a very dedicated and hard working person.

Interview Questions

• Just asked about life. What are my future plans? The 5 year question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the application on the website and filled out it on the computer. Walked in the next day and asked to speak to the manager, he came out, we shook hands and I asked if he could take a look at my application. He asked me how high school was going, and offered me a position on the spot. Took a drug test and started working the next week.

Fill out the application before-hand and then asked the manager to take a look at it directly. They are looking for outgoing/hardworking personalities that would do this.

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Greeley, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

Got a phone call from the store manager to set up an interview. Went in a couple days later and had my interview with the assistant manager. Got hired the same day. Also had to do a background check and drug test, but I was offered before I had to do them.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I did my research online and located the part-time application posted on their website. I typed it neatly and completely and mounted it in a nice clear-view folder with my resume. Walked into the store well-dressed, and asked to speak the manager. I handed him my folder and shook his hand and communicated my interest in the job. Before long, I was called back for an interview, drug tested, and hired. Later I found out that most applicants walk in and ask for applications, then proceed to fill them out in pen right there in the showroom. Apparently my behavior through the whole process was pretty stellar compared to what they are used to.

You'll be competing for the job with a bunch of high-school kids most likely, so little things like typing your application and presenting it professionally will surely secure a job for yourself. The interview was very basic with common questions.

Be sure to go in clean shaved and with well groomed hair, as that is company policy for all employees.

Service Technician Interview

Interview

Extremely basic process. Simply want to know if you're hard working enough to do manual labor all day. May ask some basic ethical questions as well. Easiest way to get a job here is to simply know someone. If DTC is hiring at the time, getting a job here is very easy.

Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Discount Tire.

Interview

Treat people the way you would want to be treated, they're great people. Also, don't do drugs because you will get drug tested. They don't ask a lot of questions, even though I forgot what they asked for. But be able to get ready to lift and work fast in the winter.

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Sugar Land, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Super Laid Back. Asked my purpose then went into sports and so on. Talked about sports. don't have to dress nice but you can. I was in jeans and a t shirt and a hat. Manager was pretty cool. very easy interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Discount Tire in April 2010.

Interview

Easy, Inviting and safe, straightforward expectations laid out and mostly friendly and non intimidating.
    I was interviewed by 3 VPs so it was a little nerve wracking but They were very helpful and forthcoming about the pros and cons of coming to work for Discount Tire Company

They explained the salary and management structure and detailed how advancement was possible to the very top of the company from any level

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiating.