Discount Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discount Tire Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Houston, TX).

Interview

Came in with a printed out application and did a short talk with the manager, it was a short interview (less than 5 minutes) told me what to wear and when to start.

Just Some Tire Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The Staff were really friendly despite my application during a busy hour. One solid benefit to applying here is that they have a written application instead one on the internet. This resulted in a nearly instant reply on Discount Tire's behalf. The staff were very prepared to provide an interview and go though the whole process despite giving no warning of my entry.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Portland, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First day is an integrity test. If you pass this you get and actual interview. In the interview the store manager never made me feel uncomfortable. They made sure to answer all of my questions and explain the job entirely.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any tire experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone starts out at $10/hr

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Cypress, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is like most interviews they ask you what are you'r interest in the company, what are your plans there, how long do you see yourself with them so on and so forth. Then you have to take an test online once you pass the test they'll call you to come in for to collect a paper to go take a drug test. Once you pass the drug test they'll call you to let you know when you'll start. It took about 2 and a half weeks to get hired on

Interview Questions

• what are you'r interest in the company, what are your plans there, how long do you see yourself with them so on and so forth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't an negotiation phase they start from the bottom and work your way up the chain unless you have experience that a whole different story. Starting pay is 11.00 hour

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

I sat down with the Senior Assistant Manager for about 15 minutes and we talked about past jobs as well as what I was doing in school. They seemed very desperate for employees because they hired me on the spot after that 15 minutes.They then had me do a drug screen and a background test and I started working for them a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are you studying in school?   1 Answer

Tire Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Grandville, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Short and sweet, more personable than if written out. Not rehearsed at all. Manager was awesome. I walked in introduced myself shook his hand, he had me fill out a short application with background information then asked about my experience the gave me a paper to get a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Lewis Center, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Lewis Center, OH).

Interview

The hiring process was very professional. They were very honest about what kind of work they do and what I was interviewing for. They were up front about the expectations if I was hired. They were very open and welcomed any questions I had or concerns about what I was getting into.

Real Estate Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview for prescreening. Process was very pleasant and the HR Recruiter was very friendly. The Recruiter was very loyal to Discount Tire and explained all of the perks and benefits and gave some examples of employees who had been working at Discount Tire for many years. The position open was explained in detail.

Apprentice Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Lunas, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Los Lunas, NM).

Interview

I was interviewed by one manager and was asked questions that would determine if i was capable of preforming the job. I was asked to preform a sale to a customer while the manager watched me. I was also asked to preform the necessary steps required to run the bays in a teemingly manner.

Interview Questions

• what is the mission statement   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the application on the website and filled out it on the computer. Walked in the next day and asked to speak to the manager, he came out, we shook hands and I asked if he could take a look at my application. He asked me how high school was going, and offered me a position on the spot. Took a drug test and started working the next week.

Fill out the application before-hand and then asked the manager to take a look at it directly. They are looking for outgoing/hardworking personalities that would do this.