KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Discount Tire Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 166 of over 166 interviews

1.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Discount Tire

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire in Oct 2021

Interview

Easy and no pressure, it was a simple process. Professionalism is key there, was hired pretty much on the spot due to experience. Just dress for the part, and be professional.

Interview Questions
  • How much experience do you have in a leadership role?
    1 Answer

Discount Tire

Application

I interviewed at Discount Tire

Interview

1 to 1 conversation mostly revolved around the type of work this is and what is required of me to do the job. It also asked for previous experience related to the job or if you had any experience at all. this was only my experience this can differ between stores as the hiring process is unique

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Discount Tire

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Discount Tire

Application

I interviewed at Discount Tire

Interview

I first had a phone screening and than in-person interview as a second phase. The actual interview process is pretty straight forward and not too stressful with lots of opportunity to ask questions and understand the company culture.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Discount Tire

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire in Apr 2022

Interview

A single interview in which for an hour you are rapid fired questions mixing from technical to personality based. The process was smooth but crammed for time and it felt hectic. They stated they were looking for a unicorn. Overall the other engineers knew what to ask and asked it well in such a constrained space. Not a lot of deep questions such as explain how networking traffic works.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between ELB and ALB in AWS?

Interview

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between ELB and ALB in AWS?

Discount Tire

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discount Tire in Apr 2022

Interview

One interview with the hiring manager. One interview with one technical lead. And a panel interview. The hiring manager doesn't know anything about statistics or programming. Red flag 1. The technical lead for the one on one interview only knew SAS so he couldn't ask any Python or R questions. The panel interview consisted of 5 people, who all asked canned HR questions, which sounded like they were straight from the year 1950. If I wanted to design an interview process where I get as little as possible to vet a candidate, I would follow their approach. The panel interview was more or less 5 guys telling me how difficult the stakeholders are, how bad the data engineering team is, how they're all overworked and doing mundane things. I wouldn't not have taken an offer, but I also wasn't given one.

Interview Questions
  • All about dealing with conflict, because they have a culture of conflict.

Discount Tire

Application

I interviewed at Discount Tire

Interview

Easy interview process. Have a heartbeat and a pulse? You're Hired. Basic questions if you know anything about cars, are okay with working 12 hours a day. One on one interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Discount Tire

Application

I interviewed at Discount Tire

Interview

Very easy going, simple questions, straight forward answers. Began work almost immediately after ethics and drug tests. Interview process was held on premise and did not require formal wear. one round only

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Discount Tire

Application

I interviewed at Discount Tire

Interview

One interview, a coding test. Didn't get past coding test because it was too much time to do. Overall the interview process was fairly straightforward; however, the coding test is quite in-depth and would take even a decent developer a few hours to do.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Discount Tire

Application

I interviewed at Discount Tire

Interview

Yup was super cool very cool super super cool very cool i liked it it was nice i liked it a lot very nice super cool haha yes i like discount tire super super cool haha yes

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I interviewed at Discount Tire (Jacksonville, FL)

Interview

Pretty simple, just show up to the area you’re going to be working at and talk to the manager for around 30 minutes. After around a week you will hear back from the manager on if you’re hired or not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 166 Interviews

Discount Tire Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Discount Tire as 81.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 1.83 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Technician and Service Technician rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Tire Tech and Tire Technician roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Discount Tire takes an average of 7 days when considering 172 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Service Technician had the quickest hiring process (on average 4 days), whereas Tire Tech roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 6 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Discount Tire according to 172 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 25.71%