Doble Engineering Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview about resume. 30 minute in person interview about experience in software development, working in a team setting, and basic java (no whiteboard). Interview started off with them answering a couple of questions about what you'd be doing there, and then they delved into your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between final, finally, and finalize?   1 Answer

Administrative Assist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Watertown, MA).

Interview

The interview process went well. It was when I was offered the job that I had a problem. I had been very upfront about my salary requirements and was told that it fell within their range. Well the job offer came with a much lower salary then what had been discussed previously. When I asked about negotiating a higher salary I was told that I was being offer the highest they had for that position and that since my current company was closing it's doors soon, I should just take this offer because it would be better than nothing. I found that response to be extremely rude. Needles to say, I turned down the offer. A month later I started at a great company with my desired salary and it's less then 10 mins from my home. Now this is definitly better then Doble

Interview Questions

• I was asked to take a skills test. With over 25 years experience as an Executive Assistant I have never been asked to take a skills test before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offer a much lower salary then I had previously been told the job would pay and when I asked about negotiating I was told to just take the job because it was better than nothing.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of four interviews on the phone at first. These interviews ranged from personality (understanding of the position, interests, previous experience, etc...) and gradually became more technical. It was clear the purpose of the interviews was to help me understand all the responsibilities of being part of the team. Also, the technical questions were to get an understanding on where I was with regards to my P&C experience and overall background. After the phone interviews I was flown to one of their offices and had one more interview sitting with two people (one HR and one my boss to be). After that I spoke to 3 different people who work in the team I was being interviewed to work in, but these conversations were in a get-to-know style.

Interview Questions

• What protection relays have you worked with before?   Answer Question
    • How do you think your past job experience will help you in this role?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a situation where somebody doesn't agree with you when an important decision needs to be made? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company.

Interview

Met with two of mangers within the company to discuss the company's goals and culture, toured the facility to see the work environment. Met with each, then followed up to check the status of my application. The interview process was very professional and allowed myself to make sure this would be a good fit for both parties.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was well organized - process began promptly and the people were friendly. Standard interview questions were asked and a skills test was required which was straight forward, basically Microsoft Suite - Word, Excel and Outlook. Human Resources was very helpful and nice. I came away with a good understanding of the company. I liked the team approach philosphopy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Doble?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Watertown, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process, phone interview with HR and technical phone interview, face to face after couple of days. Met with couple of engineering manager and few developers. The whole process was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Straight froward software engineering questions were asked, any engineer with required experience can answer the questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Watertown, MA).

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. Doble Engineering has a personal atmosphere and the process itself moves quickly - 5 days (in-person interview to offer, including on-boarding and background check).

Quick responses from a communicative staff - one round of interviewing with supervisor and colleagues in the department. The interview included specific questions pertaining to prior work experience/job description interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Questions about completed projects/elaborating on qualifications listed on resume, questions about preferred work environment and prior work experience.   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Watertown, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online after I saw a posting on Indeed. I started with a standard phone interview with HR and about 2 weeks later they called me back to set up an in person interview. The in person interview took about 3 hours and I met with 2 managers, a VP and HR. Questions were fairly technical, as they should be. The entire process was very transparent and all interviewers were very professional and friendly. All interviewers gave me an opportunity to ask questions about the position and the company. I liked that they all had nothing but good things to say about working for Doble and seemed to take pride in the company. A week after the in person interview they called to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you dealt with a conflict at work.   Answer Question

Member of Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company.

Interview

Very thorough and involving prime team members and team leaders that the role would interact with. They asked tough but fair questions, and were professional through every stage. Took more rounds than expected (3 phone interviews, 2 in-person), but that reflected more scheduling issues with people in different locations & travelling than anything.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of creative problem-solving that you've been involved with, and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Watertown, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

A couple of weeks after the initial phone screening with HR, I interviewed onsite with the hiring software manager, the VP of Global Engineering & Operations, the Director of Software Engineering, another Software Manager and another Principal software engineer. Under NDA, I was given a tour of the lab and reviewed the product I would be working with, then followed-up with HR. The interview lasted 5 hours. I received an offer by email seven days later.

Interview Questions

• Expected questions for this position: role in current job, knowledge/expertise of electric power systems, complex embedded Linux systems, electronic devices, drivers, Python, C/C++, DSP, Web/software development process and methodology, signal processing and software architecture.

Unexpected questions: how would you approach real life complex engineering problems related to real-time, multi-processing data synchronization and signal processing for transformer testing?   Answer Question