Doble Engineering Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Doble Engineering Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Doble Engineering Company

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Watertown, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process, phone interview with HR and technical phone interview, face to face after couple of days. Met with couple of engineering manager and few developers. The whole process was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Straight froward software engineering questions were asked, any engineer with required experience can answer the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Watertown, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Standard interview with 4 engineers and a manager. General questions about the technology, lots of hardware embedded type software projects. Lots of UI and code rewrite type projects using Jave, C++ etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview was not professional at all, very easy but no clear direction. For example during the interview, I get asked very basis questions, like where do you see yourself in the next 5 years. Or do you know the company? of course I will not come to an interview without knowing a bit of the company

Interview Questions

• describe 5 qualities and 3 weaknesses   1 Answer

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Raleigh, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

I met directly with the hiring manager, he sat with me side-by-side and described in excellent detail the position and its responsibilities, and allowed me to demonstrate my qualifications in a hands-on, low pressure manner.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my presentation skills and experience speaking in front of a group.   1 Answer

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Watertown, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online after I saw a posting on Indeed. I started with a standard phone interview with HR and about 2 weeks later they called me back to set up an in person interview. The in person interview took about 3 hours and I met with 2 managers, a VP and HR. Questions were fairly technical, as they should be. The entire process was very transparent and all interviewers were very professional and friendly. All interviewers gave me an opportunity to ask questions about the position and the company. I liked that they all had nothing but good things to say about working for Doble and seemed to take pride in the company. A week after the in person interview they called to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you dealt with a conflict at work.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview about resume. 30 minute in person interview about experience in software development, working in a team setting, and basic java (no whiteboard). Interview started off with them answering a couple of questions about what you'd be doing there, and then they delved into your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between final, finally, and finalize?   1 Answer

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Watertown, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Their interview process, while thorough, was done a lot more efficiently than almost all other companies I interviewed during this job search. They clearly vetted people more effectively before starting the interview process, and the job description matched the job well. The qualifications and required experience they were looking for were reasonable and matched the job description. They also made a decision quickly and communicated well after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were either about my experience or how I would go about testing some examples of their specific software. A couple of questions to see how I would approach unique problems. An example was them showing me one of their products and asking me specifically what things I would test on it and how.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks. They flew me in for the face to face which lasted about 2 hours and gave me a tour of the building. The phone interviews before that were actually pretty easy. After the face to face interview I received the offer whiting days.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard personality questions but the technical part was pretty intensive   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of four interviews on the phone at first. These interviews ranged from personality (understanding of the position, interests, previous experience, etc...) and gradually became more technical. It was clear the purpose of the interviews was to help me understand all the responsibilities of being part of the team. Also, the technical questions were to get an understanding on where I was with regards to my P&C experience and overall background. After the phone interviews I was flown to one of their offices and had one more interview sitting with two people (one HR and one my boss to be). After that I spoke to 3 different people who work in the team I was being interviewed to work in, but these conversations were in a get-to-know style.

Interview Questions

• What protection relays have you worked with before?   Answer Question
    • How do you think your past job experience will help you in this role?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a situation where somebody doesn't agree with you when an important decision needs to be made? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Watertown, MA).

Interview

The interview process went well. It was when I was offered the job that I had a problem. I had been very upfront about my salary requirements and was told that it fell within their range. Well the job offer came with a much lower salary then what had been discussed previously. When I asked about negotiating a higher salary I was told that I was being offer the highest they had for that position and that since my current company was closing it's doors soon, I should just take this offer because it would be better than nothing. I found that response to be extremely rude. Needles to say, I turned down the offer. A month later I started at a great company with my desired salary and it's less then 10 mins from my home. Now this is definitly better then Doble

Interview Questions

• I was asked to take a skills test. With over 25 years experience as an Executive Assistant I have never been asked to take a skills test before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offer a much lower salary then I had previously been told the job would pay and when I asked about negotiating I was told to just take the job because it was better than nothing.