Doble Engineering Company Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Doble Engineering Company

Doble Engineering Company

Application

I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company

Interview

Very friendly group of people! The hiring manager was on time and very friendly and personable. Interview questions were fair. I got to learn more about what their company was all about and to ask any questions or concerns I had.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you like to work for Doble?
    Answer Question

Application

Interview

The director of the company had a phone interview of me. It was just to verify I said who I was on my resume. I was than contacted from HR for an on site visit. Before the interview the director showed me the tour of the new facility in Marlborough,MA. After that, I had 3 interviews mainly on what was on my resume (classes and work experience).There was not a lot of technical questions but more of showing you a platform and discussing an issue and how you would resolve it. There were a couple questions that were bizarre and threw me off a little bit like how to test a calculator to determine if its functions are correct.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Doble Engineering Company

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company in Feb 2020

Interview

Initial phone screen with Emily. We had a really nice discussion. She asked probing questions about my experience. She was very easy to talk to and clear about next steps. My next interview was a one on one with the department head. It was a Skype call eight audio only and it was very professional. He was very polished and asked very good questions about my experience. Emily followed up with feedback and they requested an on-site interview in short order. They were very accommodating with schedule every step of the way. The on-site was really good. The facility was amazing and all of the interviewers did a great job explaining the job and what their role was with the process. Everyone stuck to the schedule and it had a really good tempo. Emily followed up again with feedback and next steps. They came through with a competitive offer on my timeline and upgraded the title to match my experience. This was the best interview I’ve had to date. If you are interested in the company and technology I highly recommend Doble Engineering. I chose to take a different path with a job in defense, but this was a very difficult decision.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Marlborough, MA) in Nov 2019

Interview

I had a phone screen with an agency, followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager at Doble who brought me in for an interview the following week. I received an offer later than day. The experience was extremely professional and fun! The Team I interviewed with is passionate and cohesive.

Interview Questions
  • Very smooth & conversational interview, ensuring this would be a favorable match for everyone involved.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Houston, TX) in Mar 2018

Interview

Basic Phone interview, asked basic questions, are u experienced in lab, what classes did u like,are u able to understand and handle the materials that we assign to you

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 9 months. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Boston, MA) in Jan 2018

Interview

Interview was not professional at all, very easy but no clear direction. For example during the interview, I get asked very basis questions, like where do you see yourself in the next 5 years. Or do you know the company? of course I will not come to an interview without knowing a bit of the company

Interview Questions
  • describe 5 qualities and 3 weaknesses
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Boston, MA) in Apr 2017

Interview

30 minute phone interview about resume. 30 minute in person interview about experience in software development, working in a team setting, and basic java (no whiteboard). Interview started off with them answering a couple of questions about what you'd be doing there, and then they delved into your resume.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between final, finally, and finalize?

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company (Watertown, MA)

Interview

The interview process went well. It was when I was offered the job that I had a problem. I had been very upfront about my salary requirements and was told that it fell within their range. Well the job offer came with a much lower salary then what had been discussed previously. When I asked about negotiating a higher salary I was told that I was being offer the highest they had for that position and that since my current company was closing it's doors soon, I should just take this offer because it would be better than nothing. I found that response to be extremely rude. Needles to say, I turned down the offer. A month later I started at a great company with my desired salary and it's less then 10 mins from my home. Now this is definitly better then Doble

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to take a skills test. With over 25 years experience as an Executive Assistant I have never been asked to take a skills test before.
1 person found this interview helpful

Doble Engineering Company

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company in Jun 2016

Interview

The interview process consisted of four interviews on the phone at first. These interviews ranged from personality (understanding of the position, interests, previous experience, etc...) and gradually became more technical. It was clear the purpose of the interviews was to help me understand all the responsibilities of being part of the team. Also, the technical questions were to get an understanding on where I was with regards to my P&C experience and overall background. After the phone interviews I was flown to one of their offices and had one more interview sitting with two people (one HR and one my boss to be). After that I spoke to 3 different people who work in the team I was being interviewed to work in, but these conversations were in a get-to-know style.

Interview Questions
  • What protection relays have you worked with before?
  • How do you think your past job experience will help you in this role?
  • Have you ever been in a situation where somebody doesn't agree with you when an important decision needs to be made? How did you handle it?
3 people found this interview helpful

Doble Engineering Company

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Doble Engineering Company

Interview

Met with two of mangers within the company to discuss the company's goals and culture, toured the facility to see the work environment. Met with each, then followed up to check the status of my application. The interview process was very professional and allowed myself to make sure this would be a good fit for both parties.

Interview Questions
  • Why should we hire you for this position?
2 people found this interview helpful