Dolby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2018

2.9

Community Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a Recruiter a few days after applying for the position. Initial HR call was short and sweet, and was contacted immediately after for a call with the Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager was sweet and easy to talk to. HR was very prompt with scheduling interviews (phone and in person), and about a week and a half after call with HM, I was seen for a in-person interview with Hiring Manager, Communications Associate and my Recruiter. After a week and a half, I was notified via email that they had offered the position to another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider some of your duties to be within the first 30 days?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HR contact me thru LinkedIn message. After speaking with HR on the phone, an OnSite interview was scheduled. The onsite interview is totally 6 HR. I spoke with 3 Engineers, QA, PM and HR. Most of the interviewer just asked about your background and briefly talking about the work on Dolby. Technical question are about basically C/C++ problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dolby (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Friendly, clear, and concise.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Totally 45 minutes phone interview.
    First ask you about the self introduction and then ask you technical questions.
    The technical questions are some like DSP knowledge and C programming knowledge.
    But he also ask something related to the IOS programming, I just answer I don not know about that.

Interview Questions

• Q1: what is the difference between FIR and IIR filter?
      Q2: How do you design FIR and IIR filter?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dolby.

Interview

A phone interview. Then, if they like you, they'll have you come in and interview with staff.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dolby.

Interview

They arranged a HireVew interview. This was advertised as being better than the usual phone interview, since it is online and you can take it at any time. There were four programming questions, which one could solve in any one of the languages in the list. The ones I remember are C,Java, Python and many more.

Interview Questions

• The questions mostly used string inputs, one question asked about palindromes.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dolby.

Interview

I applied for the job in March and did not hear from the company until June. The majority of people I interviewed with were nice and welcoming but some seemed distant and uninterested.

Interview Questions

• Questions about recent experience and knowledge about Dolby   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall, I enjoyed speaking with the actual product team, but did not appreciate the back and forth and lack of cohesion as I went through the intern recruiting process for this position.
    First round interview was coordinated promptly and consisted of 30-minute phone screen.
    After follow up with the recruiter, received an email from a different recruiting coordinator 8 days later at the end of the day (5 p.m.) to schedule a second phone screen the next morning. Also asked about my timeline and other opportunities. Promptly scheduled phone screen for next morning. After 20 minutes waiting for the call, emailed the recruiter and found out the person was on vacation. Rescheduled the second phone screen for the following week. After waiting for the call, I emailed the recruiter, received an out of office and was redirected to another recruiter. Received a response that they forgot to cancel the second phone screen and the team was making their decision and I would hear the next day. Three days later, I received a decline.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a research assignment if given limited resources or unable to disclose many details?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dolby (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple and straight forward. Be familiar with the requirements. Be familiar with what you have on your resume. Be able to present yourself well. Coding languages and projects are the key.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby.

Interview

I was contacted for a non tech-related phone interview after applying online for a summer internship. The interviewer I spoke with seemed very rude and rushed, and very unhappy to speak with me. I was asked one or two extremely generic questions about Dolby and my work history and hung up on.