Dolby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Dolby Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2018

2.9

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was a painful process. It was very disorganized. The interviewer was not very interested in the interview as that person kept looking at their phone and texted while answering the questions. Plus waiting on them before the interview (45 mins) is a long time for someone to wait. People work and we also have schedules to meet.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process was probably the best I’ve ever experienced here in the Bay Area. It really set the tone for my impression of how the company recruits.

Applied online.

Received a response a week later. Phone screen in the same week. Phone interview with the person I’d be supporting that same Friday.

Scheduled the onsite a week later. Onsite interviews with the team. 3 hours total. Everyone on the team was engaged and the conversation flowed freely with all of them.

Sent my thank you notes that same week, and received a call for references the following week. Offer made that same Friday.

From start to finish, 3 weeks. Efficient and effective.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to high pressure situations?   Answer Question
    • Describe a problem in your current role that you had to resolve.   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize your executive’s time when people on the team need their immediate attention?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dolby in February 2018.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview describing the role and asking about my experience in relation to the role. Recruiter would not discuss salary until we spoke. She was still very broad about what exactly their benefits covered and said this could not be discussed until negotiation stage, which if they did not beat my current employer who pays a good majority of my benefits would have been a deal breaker anyways. I had done this role at a number of different companies and was told I'd go on to the next phase with the hiring manager only to never hear from the recruiter again.

Interview Questions

• Why does this role intrigue you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby.

Interview

I was contacted for a non tech-related phone interview after applying online for a summer internship. The interviewer I spoke with seemed very rude and rushed, and very unhappy to speak with me. I was asked one or two extremely generic questions about Dolby and my work history and hung up on.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall, I enjoyed speaking with the actual product team, but did not appreciate the back and forth and lack of cohesion as I went through the intern recruiting process for this position.
    First round interview was coordinated promptly and consisted of 30-minute phone screen.
    After follow up with the recruiter, received an email from a different recruiting coordinator 8 days later at the end of the day (5 p.m.) to schedule a second phone screen the next morning. Also asked about my timeline and other opportunities. Promptly scheduled phone screen for next morning. After 20 minutes waiting for the call, emailed the recruiter and found out the person was on vacation. Rescheduled the second phone screen for the following week. After waiting for the call, I emailed the recruiter, received an out of office and was redirected to another recruiter. Received a response that they forgot to cancel the second phone screen and the team was making their decision and I would hear the next day. Three days later, I received a decline.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a research assignment if given limited resources or unable to disclose many details?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Connected with recruiter over LinkedIn for a different position then came across this one based down here in Burbank, CA so reached out regarding the role closer to home. Dolby decided to move the role up to San Francisco instead and I decided to go through the process. Initial phone call with recruiter went great - talked about work experience and why I wanted to be part of Dolby. Overall it was great and then she set me up with the hiring manager to speak over the phone. I felt like we connected well and that was the feedback the recruiter got so they decided to bring me onsite. It was challenging because one week the team was at a conference then the next week there were people traveling so it got pushed back more. Did the onsite with the team - first guy senior felt like he didn't care much about me interviewing there. What was suppose to be a 45 minute interview turned out to be 15 mins long so then the associate recruiter came in and gave me a tour of the office (Gym, Cafe). The hiring manager came in second and it was great to chat with them - def. felt the energy and vibes we had over the phone. She brought in someone to talk with me who was not part of the initial panel which was okay. He focused more on operations and we chatted about my startup history and about pivoting. I felt like he had ADHD because he'd stop our conversations and talk about the window being held up by tape or protestors outside the building. Overall though he seemed like a nice guy. The third guy was a creative so we connected on that level and he was really nice. It felt like I'd be able to help him move in a direction that would make the process better for the group since he was from another team within the company. The last person was suppose to be research manager but she was out sick. My last conversation was with the recruiter that I connected with over LinkedIn - I have to say that there are okay recruiters and there are great recruiters. She made me feel like she cared and I'm sure she did. She felt like I was the top candidate for the role and I felt the same way too. There was a concern from one executive that I was doing my own thing for so long that I wouldn't be able to mend well back into the corporate environment which was wrong unless that was code word for just needing a person who doesn't innovate and does what they are told. I was told there would be another step in either coming up to speak with the Sr. Director of the group and a VP of creative marketing. Alas I didn't make the last step since they felt like I did well overall but the whole "worried about not being able to be part of a group" which the recruiter knew was a non-issue. I feel like it was a great opportunity for me grow professionally and it felt like a good team to be part of. I totally understand that decisions have to be made for the best interest of the company. I have to say that if you find someone that fits/checks all the marks on your list don't lose them to another company just because they've been riding solo for a few years.

Interview Questions

• What is the most recent movie you saw and how do you value that experience?
      · Name a few key milestones in application development, acquisition and retention?
      · Why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from them after a week asking me to schedule for phone call screening interview. the interview lasts for half an hour.Most of the questions are related to Python and Projects.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby in March 2017.

Interview

3 interviews
    1st - With manager of position applied, just a brief 30-min interview about resume and past work ex
    2nd - Technical+Behavioral, with technical person asking work samples, and career goals

Interview Questions

• Example about what you did at job, Career aspirations down 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about my availability for a phone screen the next week. I responded with my availability and didn't get a response for over a week. The HR person emailed me back after and said they were busy so they asked me again for my availability. Once again, I responded for the following week. Two weeks later still no response to set up a phone cal.... and then I get a rejection email.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dolby (Berkeley, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional and insincere. Complete disingenuous fluff.

On-campus interview with senior financial analyst. It felt like the interviewer had no interest in what he was doing. Asked questions about internship experience as well as "why finance?", "why company?". At the end of the interview he reassured: "I have talked to a few people today and you seem like a great candidate - we will definitely be in touch soon".
    It then took him almost a week to send a generic email response: "We were fortunate to have many outstanding candidates, including yourself, apply for this position. Although we were impressed with your qualifications, we are moving forward with other candidates at this time. We wish you much success in your future endeavors."
    I asked for feedback, no response after 4 days. Very unprofessional. Waste of applicants' time. Cannot recommend to anyone.