Cover image for Dolby

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Dolby Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 197 of over 197 interviews

Employee Referral8%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Dolby

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dolby

Interview

Overall it was a quick and efficient process. I found each team member I interviewed with easy to talk to and each provided some great answers to my many questions.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Describe a difficult work situation and how you handled it.
    Answer Question

Dolby

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dolby in Dec 2022

Interview

two rounds of interviews, and 1 from leetcode, the last one depends on the interviewer. But they were not easy t all, be prepared. The leetcode problem is not that bad, but the second interviewer just gave me an sentence of the question, and I need to use my IDE on it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dolby

Application

I interviewed at Dolby

Interview

The interviewer just asked about background and introduced the responsibilties of the hiring role. The interviewer was nice and friendly. And the introduction to the role was quite clear to me

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dolby (London, England) in Nov 2022

Interview

- Had the first phone interview with a recruiter - Second interview with a senior recruiter - Third interview with the hiring manager There was a fourth round but I didn't get in. They asked general questions, my motivations, timings, experience etc.

Interview Questions
  • Q) Describe an event where you took the position of a leader?

Dolby

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby

Interview

1st with HR by phone 2nd with HR manager by team, 3rd with line manager. You would receive an email by HR to schedule the timeslot then attend a distant interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dolby

Application

I interviewed at Dolby

Interview

The interview screening was 30 minutes. They already found a candidate, but still proceeded with the interviewing. I did not hear a response from them after. They offered other roles to apply for which I did accept.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dolby (New York, NY) in Jun 2022

Interview

Typical interview process - initial call with a recruiter, hiring manager video interview, separate panel video interviews with 4 others. First couple steps were straight forward, the panel interviews were challenging with scheduling and having to answer the same questions 4 times. A true panel interview would have been more efficient. Final decision was also slow to be determined. Even though I wasn't selected for the position, I already had multiple other offers and had accepted one before I was notified. I did communicate that I had other offers to the recruiter but it didn't speed up the decision and I later learned that the information wasn't given to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Typical questions about background and experience with some situational questions mixed in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2022

Interview

Interview process is a joke. Received an email from a recruiter indicating he was impressed with my experience. We went ahead and schedule a phone call which went very well then he scheduled an interview with the Hiring manager. I spent so much time preparing for this interview. During the video call interview with the hiring manager, this lady sounded she did not want to be there. She asks a question and I answer with a clear and precise answer and all she says is “ok” which made me so uncomfortable. Her questions also were pointless and designed to trick you. Definitely wouldn’t recommend interviewing here.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dolby

Application

I interviewed at Dolby

Interview

The interview process was very strategic on their end, I got several calls from the Human Resources and Hiring team, they asked me about my past experiences and willingness to work after hours.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to work afterhours to support an international team?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Very unpleasant interview experience - lengthy, slow and not professional. Recruiter said she would schedule me an interview with the hiring manager at the end of our screening call. It was a month later until I finally interviewed with the hiring manager. The evaluation process took another month and during the time I reached out and asked for clearer timeline and status update but didn't get one. A month later I was told they decided not to fill this position!? Recruiter scheduled a follow up call with me and I wasn't sure what was that for. But guess what? She had NO SHOW. It is very unprofessional and not respectful of candidates time. I also feel like management within is messy as they do not have clear vision on what they want to do.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 197 Interviews

Dolby Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Dolby as 53.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.88 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Intern and Executive Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Senior Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Dolby takes an average of 31 days when considering 194 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Engineering had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Senior Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 41 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Dolby according to 194 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 33.24%