Dolby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dolby

2.9

Via Legal Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got an email back around a month after applying. They were pretty all over the place in terms of organization. HR manager was very nice but they were insistent upon someone who could start at a certain date. All interviews were over the phone because of the team's schedules.

Interview Questions

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter followed by two rounds of technical interviews with the team. First was a phone interview for thirty minutes and second was a video interview for one hour and thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a project on your resume which you are proud of.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

phone interview scheduled quickly and there are multiple rounds. Employees were extremely nice and knew what they were looking for. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and and scheduled the next interview within the next week.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dolby in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process was decent leading up to the very end.

After 5 interviews, several writing samples and another lengthy case study assignment, I was eager to hear back. After all, I've spent countless hours preparing for these interviews, and working on these case studies and writing samples.

The hiring manager and recruiter said they'd get back to me after I completed the final round. Two weeks passed. Nothing. A month had passed, still nothing. I reached out to the recruiter, no response. After another week or two, I reached out again, and the recruiter said they had moved forward with another candidate.

I was shocked by the lack of communication. As a candidate, I would've liked to know that they've moved on with someone else rather than being completely left in the dark for nearly a month and a half.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The hiring manager was very immature and unprofessional during the process.
    The manager would go as far as contact me directly by text, phone call instead of email from HR regarding next steps.
    The interview process was quick, but I found the director a bit eccentric and off putting. The director even cursed during the interview. This was a major red flag, but I thought this was funny.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby.

Interview

It is a huge panel but interesting people. The panel ranges from mid to higher management. The session lasted 5 hrs. Everyone was very sensitive about the time and very kind.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Lovely office and friendly recruitment team. I arrived early and was warmly greeted by one of the recruitment staff members that organized the interview time for me. I then went on to interview 1 on 1 with four members of the team. The interview itself went great but they decided to go with a candidate with more experience than me. Their final deliberations took about 2 weeks. Upon receiving my notice of rejection, I asked for feedback and the recruiter was helpful with providing it.

Senior User Experience Designer (Research) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me after applying online. She set up a time for us to chat, but never called me at that time, nor did she followup/reply to my inquiry after that. She basically ghosted me. This is utmost rudeness and unprofessional.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dolby in July 2019.

Interview

The process moved pretty quick. Talked with the recruiter then hiring manager. Recruiter phone conversation was a basic phone screen describing the job and them asking a little bit about my background. The interview with the hiring manager was more technical and regarding my projects on my resume.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was contacted over LinkedIn about a Business Development role. The recruiter was very friendly, organized and promptly responded to inquiries. I met the hiring manager at HQ and had a few follow-up interviews rounds over the course of a month. We moved to offer stage within 5-6 weeks after initial conversations. Dolby was pretty flexible with negotiations and made a strong offer. I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience and working style. Mostly behavioral questions. Nothing too surprising. If you are a good fit for the role and fit the company culture, the interview process should not be that challenging.   1 Answer