Dolby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dolby

2.9

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by three different recruiters from possibly three different recruiting agencies for two totally separate positions. I had to ask all three recruiters to repeat themselves over and over again because they spoke too fast and mumbled. They did not listen, and asked me the same questions over and over again. Their emails were riddled in typos and confusing language. The two that were asking about the same position, seemed to only want to be one who got back to the hiring manager first. Even after I spoke to the hiring manager and told him that this job was not for me, the recruiter was very persistent and basically did not take my "no thank you" as an answer. It was all very strange.

When I had the actual phone screening interview with the hiring manager at Dolby, it was awkward, but it was evident quickly that this position was not for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you start building a community from the ground up?   2 Answers

Community Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a Recruiter a few days after applying for the position. Initial HR call was short and sweet, and was contacted immediately after for a call with the Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager was sweet and easy to talk to. HR was very prompt with scheduling interviews (phone and in person), and about a week and a half after call with HM, I was seen for a in-person interview with Hiring Manager, Communications Associate and my Recruiter. After a week and a half, I was notified via email that they had offered the position to another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider some of your duties to be within the first 30 days?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HR contact me thru LinkedIn message. After speaking with HR on the phone, an OnSite interview was scheduled. The onsite interview is totally 6 HR. I spoke with 3 Engineers, QA, PM and HR. Most of the interviewer just asked about your background and briefly talking about the work on Dolby. Technical question are about basically C/C++ problem.

Interview Questions

• behavior of the C++ compiler   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dolby (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Friendly, clear, and concise.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Explain the differences between floating point and fixed point.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Totally 45 minutes phone interview.
    First ask you about the self introduction and then ask you technical questions.
    The technical questions are some like DSP knowledge and C programming knowledge.
    But he also ask something related to the IOS programming, I just answer I don not know about that.

Interview Questions

• Q1: what is the difference between FIR and IIR filter?
      Q2: How do you design FIR and IIR filter?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dolby.

Interview

A phone interview. Then, if they like you, they'll have you come in and interview with staff.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dolby.

Interview

They arranged a HireVew interview. This was advertised as being better than the usual phone interview, since it is online and you can take it at any time. There were four programming questions, which one could solve in any one of the languages in the list. The ones I remember are C,Java, Python and many more.

Interview Questions

• The questions mostly used string inputs, one question asked about palindromes.   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dolby.

Interview

I applied for the job in March and did not hear from the company until June. The majority of people I interviewed with were nice and welcoming but some seemed distant and uninterested.

Interview Questions

• Questions about recent experience and knowledge about Dolby   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Initial Screen with Recruiter to review the position at a subsidiary under Dolby, Hiring Manager Phone Call on why I'm interested and more about the role, and final on-site focused on culture fit with the accounting team including the head of the office operations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do accounting?   1 Answer
    • Would you be happy here?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall, I enjoyed speaking with the actual product team, but did not appreciate the back and forth and lack of cohesion as I went through the intern recruiting process for this position.
    First round interview was coordinated promptly and consisted of 30-minute phone screen.
    After follow up with the recruiter, received an email from a different recruiting coordinator 8 days later at the end of the day (5 p.m.) to schedule a second phone screen the next morning. Also asked about my timeline and other opportunities. Promptly scheduled phone screen for next morning. After 20 minutes waiting for the call, emailed the recruiter and found out the person was on vacation. Rescheduled the second phone screen for the following week. After waiting for the call, I emailed the recruiter, received an out of office and was redirected to another recruiter. Received a response that they forgot to cancel the second phone screen and the team was making their decision and I would hear the next day. Three days later, I received a decline.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a research assignment if given limited resources or unable to disclose many details?   1 Answer