Dolby Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 165 of over 165 interviews

Employee Referral8%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Dolby

Application

I interviewed at Dolby

Interview

Interviewer asked why I wanted to work in the area I had applied to and competency questions. Where do I see myself in 5 years and what are my career objectives

Interview Questions
  • What are your career goals? Where do you see yourself in five years?
    Answer Question

Dolby

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby in Sep 2021

Interview

I was asked to answer some questions from cpp such as: smart pointers, OOP, multi-threading. Interviewers were really friendly, they were smiling all the time. Atmosphere was really cool. I didn't feel any pressure!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

182 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nürnberg

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Dolby (Nürnberg)

Interview

The experience overall was not positive. I expected the interview and feedback process to be more professional which unfortunately was not the case. After two telephonic interviews, I was called for on-site interview sessions which lasted for 8 hours (with breaks in between). I spoke to minimum of 8 colleagues from different departments and at different hierarchical levels. Some of the interviewees seemed to be in rush and tried to fill in 45 Minutes slot just by chatting about the random stuff. One interviewer couldn't understand the reason why I wanted to change my job and openly showed via his questions that he was not trusting what I was telling him. Seemed bit on the rude side. However, the most strange question came from HR where they wanted a sneak peek inside my private life. I tried to avoid such questions via humor but I think it never goes well when it comes to showing humor at job interviews. Not in a single interview among dozens in Germany in my enitre life, such kind of questions were asked. Totally unprofessional. I would say among 8 sessions of interviews, only 2 or maximum 3 were on the point where real stuff was discussed. All the remaining sessions were pointless and I am sure they didn't help either side. More than 50% of the time, everyone boosted about how cool is the Dolby as company and how cool are the people working there. After the tirning day of interview, I left the office with not a good impression which was confirmed by a rejection mail after TWO months and absolute silence from company's side in between.

Interview Questions
  • Problem solving skills, some basic audio signal processing concepts etc.

Anonymous Employee in Wrocław

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dolby (Wrocław) in Aug 2021

Interview

A bit long- 4 separate stages, each probably a week or two apart. But it doesn't really matter when people I got to speak with are so nice and friendly. Overall the questions and test are fairly simple compared to my other experiences, but maybe it's because they communicated so clearly. To summarize, it's been the most enjoyable recruitment process I've experienced and really sets a good tone for future work.

Interview Questions
  • What current technologies are exciting to you

Dolby

Application

I interviewed at Dolby

Interview

Lors des entretienz d'embauche, les recruteurs sont à votre écoute et évalue votre comportement, votre façon de vous exprimer et la cohérence de vos propos. Il faut donc ne négliger aucune étape.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby (Wrocław) in Jun 2021

Interview

The online interview was conducted by an HR worker. Roughly one third was conducted in my native language and the other part was in english. The questions were very HR-y, with no purely technical enquires whatsoever. Although I did not get the job in the end, I can with no doubt rate the interview positively.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Dolby (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Had the first screen call with recruiter, less then 10 minutes and asked about 3 questions. Why I want to work for Dolby, experience, and an example of a co-branded media campaign I like. Made it to the second round with hiring manager and was strange because it felt like she did most of the talking vs myself. Assured me that they wouldn’t “ghost me” and get back to me within the next week. Skip forward to a month and a half later and I finally received an email that I wouldn’t go to the next round. Weird interview process for sure!

Dolby

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dolby in May 2021

Interview

I was reached out by an internal recruiter over LinkedIn. I was surprised when they insisted more than usual on having me interview with them, and I tried to make sure that it fit into my interview schedule although I had many interviews around that time. Before the interview, I asked questions about the context of the interview, but I did not receive adequate information from the recruiter. After the interview, which was not my best one, I sent 2 follow-up emails but have not heard back. I found the recruiter to be very unprofessional and messy. For a phone round interview, the questions were very difficult. Mostly technical rather than behavioral. I was also asked about my background and previous projects. The interviewer was very professional and kind to give some feedback in the end about my performance.

Interview Questions
  • Technical system design questions for mobile apps Questions about Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dolby (Sydney) in May 2021

Interview

I did the online assessment and got 79 for that part. The OA is all about algorithms and is pretty easy. A few days later, I was rejected for the position. Not sure what's their standard.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dolby

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dolby

Interview

I got an email to schedule the first interview. The recruiter asked engaging questions to really test my knowledge, and I put a lot of preparation into the interview. After the initial interview, however, I did not hear back about next steps or a rejection.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 165 Interviews