Dollar Thrifty Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Interview Questions

2.5

Greeter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Interview

This was probably one of the easiest job interviews I have had. I went in clean and polished, I had just finished class so I was well dressed. I talked to the manager for a couple of minutes and she asked if I wanted the job. Just go in confident and speak like you mean it and the interview here will go well. The background check seemed to take a very long time.

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Kansas City, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

The whole process takes about a month, first phone interview with basic questions and then 1:1 with general manager, was told i was going to get a call back on a certain day to find out if i had the job or not, I received no call, I had to call back until i had an answer for the general manager. Then had to wait another week for a call from HR to confirm the offer and set up a start date.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Oakland, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

This was an open interview early in the morning. Everyone met and the corporate office room. Everyone went in one at a time to meet with two of the managers. Once inside they begin to ask normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Give him example of your proudest moment in your work career.   Answer Question

Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Tampa, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Soooo extremely easy........Do you like to work with other people. Are you motivated? Can you Sale? Do you consider yourself a leader, a self starter. Do you enjoy customer service. Do you remember a time when you made a positive impact>

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Interview

The interviewing was straight forward. The people seemed very nice it was a two stage interview, with the phone interview being first.

Interview Questions

• What color are your favorite socks.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

-Phone Interview
    -General Manager + Senior Manager Interview
    -Area Manager Interview

Most of their recruiting was then made by corporate HR in Oklahoma. The company has been acquired by Herts and I believe that Hertz HR are taking care of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Your typical Interview Questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just google interview questions and prepare them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they called me with the offer, I said I will think about it and call them back. I did some research and the offer was, what I thought then, fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Ontario, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

After submitting an online application for the position, I received a call from the General manager asking if I would be interested in an interview. I readily agreed and one was scheduled for the following day. The General Manager was pleasant, energetic, and knowledgeable. This person explained the position, duties, and requirements and we a pleasant conversation reagarding my experience, job duties, and overall expectations. It felt funny doing this interview because normally I am on the other side of the table doing the questioning. The G.M asked me the standard situation question, such as what was the most challenging customer service issue I had and how I dealt with it. I felt the interview went very well and the GM said they were going to make a decision after the weekend. To date, 3 weeks later have not heard a word about the position, yet it is still being posted on multiple career boards and the company's website

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer and solve their problem to the mutual benefit of both them and your company   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Tulsa, OK) in November 2012.

Interview

Hire Manager is very nice, Easy questions and went very smooth. The interview lasted for around 35 minutes. Asked questions both technical and behavioral. The interviewee was very friendly and explained in detail the teams that I would be a match for.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customized controls and user controls?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Memphis, TN) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight. forward, spoke directly with the owners. The process takes only a few days.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Ontario, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

1 interview

Negotiation

When negotiating salary include medical insurance benefit compensation without deducting cost from salary