Dollar Thrifty Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied online thru snag a job got call about a week later for an interview. I went in for my interview he basically give u a run of the job and pay and ask if your ok with it i said yea so he offer me the job i accepted then they run your license make sure your driver record is clean then he took me over to take my drug test right after then he said once my results from the drug test come back he'll give me a call when to start. so i got a call about 3 days later and i was ready to start

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No its a minimal wage job so theres nothing to negotiate

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Tulsa, OK) in September 2011.

Interview

HR was very helpful and polite. First interview was a screening call over the phone. 2nd and third were 2-panel interviews. Not too difficult, but did ask some challenging questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered the maximum they could offer and did not budge. I have confirmed this

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Tulsa, OK) in November 2012.

Interview

Hire Manager is very nice, Easy questions and went very smooth. The interview lasted for around 35 minutes. Asked questions both technical and behavioral. The interviewee was very friendly and explained in detail the teams that I would be a match for.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customized controls and user controls?   Answer Question

Greeter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Interview

This was probably one of the easiest job interviews I have had. I went in clean and polished, I had just finished class so I was well dressed. I talked to the manager for a couple of minutes and she asked if I wanted the job. Just go in confident and speak like you mean it and the interview here will go well. The background check seemed to take a very long time.

Negotiation

N/A

Return Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

Very lengthy, if you are applying you HAVE to follow up, in my case it took me 3 months from application to date of hire and this is even when I was calling 2 times a week. Company is out of touch with its processes.

Interview Questions

• If you were working at the mens warehouse and I walked in wanting to buy a suit, what is the first thing you would say to me.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Return Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in May 2009.

Interview

Although the Hiring/Interview process varies, my experience was different. I got a preliminary interview two months before I started, the manager asked for my documents and asked me a couple of questions to evaluate. I was told that I would get a second interview. I kept calling every week and by the 6th week I was told that I was going to be interviewed for the position. The City Manager interviewed me and he

Interview Questions

• If you were working here, what would you do if a customer unknowingly was charged extra for a product/service?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Memphis, TN) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight. forward, spoke directly with the owners. The process takes only a few days.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Greer, SC) in February 2010.

Interview

Phone interview and then I flew up to Greer for 1 week to get the operations side of this licensee. I already had expertise in this industry. Make sure to ask for vacation your first year. I did not and I did not get vacation until 1 full year of working for the company and then it was just one week of vacation.

needed more money

Rental Agent Interview

Application

I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in January 2011.

Interview

Fast the promise you all the sales training, easy not rocket science answer what they ask backround check is long make sure you have verifiable numbers and addresses bad hours, training is horrible, you learn more by messing up. When you show up be prepared to wait cause it's understaffed best part is just say your available and open you will get position

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive (Norfolk, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Two step interview, interviewed at the airport with the branch manager and fleet manager. They are looking for confident sales people. Act fearless and sure of your abilities and you'll ace it!!