Domayne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Domayne Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Domayne

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Domayne (Canberra (Australia)).

Interview

I was contacted by phone and asked to attend an interview the next day. It wasn't much notice but I arranged for my husband to take time off his work so that he could look after our 3 year old and I attended the interview at the time that they requested. I also lost money because I took the day off my current job in order to attend the interview.

I arrived 5 minutes early, dressed professionally and was told to wait. After waiting five minutes I was introduced to a woman who straight away said that they were very busy today and the other interviewer was not able to attend. It was early in the morning and there were no customers in the shop at all and they didn't look very busy so I thought that was strange. I was lead to the back office where she proceeded to ask me a lot questions from my resume. It seemed like the first time she had ever seen my resume. Her questions were abrupt and I wasn't given much time to answer. She asked questions like "you weren't at that job very long. Why did you leave?" "I've never heard of that company. What do they do?" I answered all of her questions in a professional and informative way ande giving as much information as I could about my availability, skills and previous experience etc.

She went into great detail explaining the job requirements, hours and pay rate etc. She also said many times that it was a difficult job and not easy to learn the computer cashiers position and I had assured her that I was good with computers and would learn the program quickly. I had actually worked as a cashier before at a similar company so knew the computer program well. It had been about 20 minutes since the interview started by that point. Then she indicated we were almost finished but wanted to introduce me to the other interviewer before I left so she lead me over to the other side of the store to another office. I was surprised when the interview started all over again with the other interviewer. He asked all the same questions. He said that I must be a busy person since I have two young kids etc. The interview went on for another 15 minutes and by then I was feeling bullied and felt like I was being told that I should be home looking after my kids.

I was actually overqualified for the job I was applying for and had 15 years experience in a more advanced position. I was applying for that job because I had been out of the workforce for a few years looking after my kids and then had been working in a part time job for the last two years. I was ready for a full time job and was happy to start at the bottom again. I told both interviewers that I was looking for a long term job and they said they were looking for someone that would want to stay for a long time. I was able to work any time and any hours. I was punctual, organized and experienced in Customer Service, up-selling, cross-selling, and KPI's etc. I lived 10 minutes drive away. I had experience working on my own and as a team. I had won awards for selling. I had qualifications for management that I paid for with my own money. What more could they have wanted for a cashiers job?

The whole interview took around 45 minutes. I had never been to an interview that took so long. They were asking me questions and giving long speeches about how difficult the job was the whole time that I was there. They didn't want to listen to what I had to say. I think they had in mind who they were looking for and it wasn't me. In that case, I just wish they could have just interviewed me and let me go without all the rigmarole.

It took them a few weeks to let me know that I didn't get the job but I knew that I hadn't gotten it when the second interviewer seemed bias towards me having kids.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than the other people who have applied?   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gold Coast (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Domayne (Gold Coast (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

One on One interview with Franchisee and Manager of Department, very easy flowing interview, asked good questions, listened when I responded, added a typical scenario of a day in Domayne and the different challenges that face you and the different roles you may play.

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gold Coast (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Domayne (Gold Coast (Australia)) in June 2014.

Interview

Great interview half hour long, had to fill in some paperwork beforehand, easy and precise questions, no mucking around with stupid where do you see yourself in 5 years questions

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have   1 Answer