Dorothy Lane Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dorothy Lane Market

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springboro, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dorothy Lane Market (Springboro, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Detailed hiring policy to ensure best customer service. They talk to you first at manager level and then at Store Director level. They also give out personality testing to make sure the wrong attitudes never make it through the hiring process. Best customer service anyone will ever find in any industry. I would highly recommend any entry level candidate to apply there and to accept any job offer. It sets one up for future success in other industries by showing you the right way to do things.

Interview Questions

• All about honesty and integrity. They really want to make sure the right people represent their company. Which, obviously is a great thing.   1 Answer

Deli Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dorothy Lane Market (Dayton, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Filled out an application in person at one of the store. Was called for an interview within a week. Fair, overall a great process with simple and fair questions. Was a one on one interview and the hiring notification was quickly given back a day or two after the interview. Had to fill out a standard psychological evaluation as well.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dorothy Lane Market in November 2008.

Interview

Initially I was interviewed by the grocery manager to see if i qualified for the physical demands required of the job. These included lifting requirements as well as extended work hours. after this initial interview I met with the store manager for a general interview and job overview. This included customer service, knowledge of various departments and food items. The next day I received a job offer and started that week.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who felt the item they purchased was not good quality.   1 Answer

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dorothy Lane Market in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the HR Director who was very honest and forthcoming about the current opportunities within the company. The discussion was very relaxed and comfortable. As an interviewee, I was able to share my experience and desires for growth.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a mutual discussion, rather than questioning.   Answer Question