Dow Process Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I interviewed/ phone screen with an HR rep on the phone. Basically they reviewed my application and resume, I'm still waiting to hear back for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dow

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow (Midland, MI).

Interview

Brief phone interview just going over qualifications and to make sure I was still interested and also set up an in-person interview during this call. There was a panel of three interviewers who each asked pre-determined questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when coworkers did not follow safety practices and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

Applied online, received an email, had a short phone interview, then an in-person interview. The questions were typical behavior based questions asked by 3 panelist. The whole process took about a month. Before the actually panel interview, there is a introduction with the HR manager. It seemed like the HR manager decided who to hire before the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• There were about 5 questions which were typical behavior based questions asked by 3 panelist.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dow (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Panel interview consisted of 5 members, They asked a series of personal and business related questions. panel members made individual inquiries for reassurance I was the best candidate. Then the panel allowed me time to ask questions I felt were pertinent. The interview was well structured and pleasant. All members of the panel were prepared, and professional. It was by far the best interviewing experience I have ever had. Would recommend Dow Chemical to anyone looking for a job in the Chemical processing field.

Anonymous Employee in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow (Texas City, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a great interview a panel of 5 people.They were great, just be honest and be detail . with answers.Talk to them like you guys were friends be energetic and happy. Alot of behavioral base question tell me a time etc. tell me a time when you had to help another group.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when you had troubleshoot technical question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow (Texas City, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Submitted application and was invited to take a mechanical aptitude & math test. Just the standard tests that most companies use. After the testing I was called for a pre-screen phone interview. I passed that and was selected for a face to face interview. The interview was about 1-1.5 hours. Just general operations and behavioral questions. After the interview I received a call with an offer. I accepted and began the verification process and medical/physical testing/ screening

Interview Questions

• The want to know about procedure use and if you are safety driven. Be prepared to show things you have learned in the past and show improvement   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Union enviroment.

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow (Freeport, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview last about 4o minutes. It was a 3 people panel. They rotated questions, and also gave a piece of paper with the interview questions in case you wanted to read along. They were very serious, they were not mean, but they had their poker face on, and showed no interest or disgust. If you get to the panel interview I would really focus on your interpersona skills and safety.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and weakness. How did you use your strength to help your weakness.   Answer Question