Dow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Interview Questions

Interviews at Dow

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Interview

Overall was very impressed. Interviewed by two people: an upper-level engineer and recent graduate of the co-op program. It took roughly one hour to complete, and the interviewers were more than happy to answer any questions I had.

Process Operator Interview

Interview

It's a panel interview, approximately 4 people. They each take turns asking pretty standard questions like tell me about a time when... Everyone was pretty laid back but professional. The interview wasn't hard just a bit nerve wrecking with the panel.

Internship Interview

Interview

It was chill. The interviewer asked a couple of common interview questions. The interview lasted about half an hour long. I heard back the result pretty quick. It was conducted over zoom, and the recruiter was very understanding of the technical difficulties I was having.

Chemist Interview

Interview

Excellent interview. Very informative and thorough. I got the impression they were interested in me and my personal goals. The only problem was job location. Houston is not my favorite, but I think this can be worked out long term.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer
    • Which chemistry course was my favorite?   1 Answer

Interview

Long, multiple phone interviews through a third party recruiting company before reaching an in person interview at the site. Relatively quick response after the interview if a job offer is to be extended

Interview Questions

• An example of a time when you had to work with a difficult person   Answer Question

Intern Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow in November 2020.

Interview

15 minutes HR interview followed by interview with group leader.
    The interviewer(group leader) was clearly not well prepared and did not have my resume in file before the start of the interview. From the start of the interview, the interviewer showed absolutely no interest in my research background.

Interview Questions

• - Explain a time where you had to handle customers?
      - Why Dow?   Answer Question

Senior Chemist R&D Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

There was an "on-site" like presentation. This was about 45 mins of presenting on your past work. Afterwards there were several interview sessions with multiple people. It wasn't too bad and everyone was really nice and interested in the presentation from earlier.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about mentorship. How I was mentored vs. how I mentored students in the lab.   Answer Question
    • They also asked many situational questions.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Interview

The interview asked mainly about behavioral questions. The questions were not intimidating and the interview was friendly. The interviewer also asked my own research and the questions were helpful. It took total 45 minutes including presentation and the behavioral question. But I could not get their offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you have a conflict with other, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Interview

I attended the campus interview in July and got an invitation for on site interviews in September. it takes an hour to finish. the interview is relaxed and friendly.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Interview

It was very pleasant, and the interviewers were really nice. I applied for the mechanical engineering internship position, and the interviewers were very polite about asking me questions. They said they'll reach me back in two weeks