Dow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.9

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow (Midland, MI).

Interview

Brief phone interview just going over qualifications and to make sure I was still interested and also set up an in-person interview during this call. There was a panel of three interviewers who each asked pre-determined questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when coworkers did not follow safety practices and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

R&D Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow in August 2017.

Interview

Campus recruiting interview-50 min. A very nice interviewer, and the conversation was mainly about my research experience and motivations. They care about the leadership, collaboration with others, and what research area you will match.

R & D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow (Champaign, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

It is a very general and friendly interview. The interviewers, as mine said, are simply collecting applicant information. Decisions about site interviews will be made back in the Dow company. General questions were asked. And I was given 15-20 min to present my research.

Interview Questions

Interview

They primarily asked behavioral questions. They asked about what your greatest strengths/weaknesses are. Name a time you had a difficult time working with someone and how you overcame that? Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years.

Microbiologist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

I sat with 3 employees from Dow and they asked questions for 20-30 minutes. They were very responsive and went in-depth when I asked questions of the company and their work.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research, how much of it have you contributed, and what are some innovative aspects of your research.   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with the issue you had with your former boss?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Dow?   Answer Question

Chemical Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow (Freeport, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied and within 2 days was asked to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted 20-30 minutes and the interviewer was very nice and for the most part very helpful. The interviewer couldn't answer a few questions only because they didn't know the answer to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you exceeded your employers expectations? What was it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question
    • This is a union job and the pay is non negotiable are you ok with that?   Answer Question
    • If given the option what would your salary be? (hourly wage)   Answer Question

PLC/MOD Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dow (Midland, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Very long. All of 4 hours. Comfortable; casual, yet very serious. Most of the conversation focused on detailed discussions of my career expectations and professional outlook. Extremely nice guys. Great atmosphere. Altogether it was a unique, one-of-a-kind experience. Still the longest interview I've ever had.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

Got interview at career fair. Sat down for 30 minute interview the next day. Got a call that night to come to dinner and received an offer. Not much more to say than that.

Interview Questions

• Biggest Weakness. Why do you want to work here. Easy things   Answer Question

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow (Midland, MI).

Interview

I was offered an on-site interview in Midland, MI after an initial campus interview. I was flown to Midland and stayed at a hotel for two nights all expenses payed. The interview lasted an entire day and consisted of me giving a 45 minute technical presentation in the morning and an individual interview with several people from the research team throughout the day. Each individual interview was scheduled for 30 minutes with 10 minute breaks in between. Everyone I met was really nice and overall the process was less stressful than it sounds. However, I would still consider it a difficult interview since it lasted the entire day. I was also taken out to lunch and dinner.

I was very impressed with the facilities and it seemed like a great place to work. During my interview I was asked a lot of questions regarding my thoughts on the city. Midland is a beautiful place but there is not very much to do. It reminded me of a small college town where the majority of the population are students. Except in this case, the majority of the population are people who have connections to DOW. Personally, this was not a downside to me but I could tell during the interview they they were trying to gauge my feelings for the city. I grew up in a big city across the country and I didn't feel like I expressed enough interest to move to Midland. A colleague of mine also interviewed at Midland and agreed with me on this sentiment. So if you really want to work here, show a lot of enthusiasm for the city. Of course I can't say for sure that this was the reason I did not get an offer but anything will help.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project you have worked on and how did you meet that challenge?   Answer Question
    • What do you feel is the biggest impact you have made in your time as a student?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your hobbies/ what do you do on your spare time?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your management style for group/team projects?   Answer Question
    • Was asked about key points on my resume.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dow (Collegeville, PA).

Interview

First a screening phone interview. After that , one week later, I Met 4 engineers /project manager. Not a nice interview, some of them were kind of rude people. Reviewed Resume and asked some technical questions (not difficult questions, just ill-defined). They promised an answer within a week or two, never heard anything. Mailed the manager who first got me a phone interview twice and never replied.