Dow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Interview Questions

Interviews at Dow

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

Received a request for phone interview. Phone interview was a panel interview with 4 people from the company. Several behavioral questions asked related to the job position. Passed phone interview and was invited for a site visit, which was a more informal process to gauge site fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were not able to meet customer expectations, how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked to a representative at a career fair. A week later, they emailed me to do an interview on my college campus. It was both technical and behavioral, and they said it would be the only round. I thought the interview went well. I didn't get an offer but they seemed to like me in the final rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How do you align with DOW's four core principles? (note: I forgot the exact principles)   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Overall interview experience was very poor. An engineering screening test was mistakenly required for the application. HR failed to communicate my expected salary, despite my disclosing it twice. I likely could have saved my time off if they had just communicated that information to the lead interviewer, who seemed on a totally different page when he asked me to disclose it for the third time.

The process included a generic phone screening, a phone interview, and a three-hour interview with a panel of three people.

I was confused with another candidate and asked which department my friend works in. I do not have a friend who works at DOW. The third interviewer’s first question to me, after already interviewing for 2 hours, was "So, what are you doing here?” The lead interviewer assured me that I would hear from him personally in a week. I never heard from anyone. It took 2 months for them to finally send me a generic rejection email. I expected a company of their size to have things a little more together.

Pipefitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a job recruiter had a over the phone job interview. Then I came to Dow Chemical for a one-on-one interview. Based on the position, most of the questions were experience oriented.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider a weakness?   1 Answer

Lab Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process began with taking the company's exam as most plant jobs. After a few months of waiting, I was sent a request by email. It defined the position where an opening existed and said if I were still interested to schedule a date and time to interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was conducted by a panel of lab technologists and supervisors from the department, and there were two parts. I was first asked situational questions then i was asked questions pertaining to the job and field itself, my comfort level and expertise. Each person took a turn asking questions they thought would help them make a decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow (Midland, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

simple conversation with behavioral questions

Anonymous Employee in Hahnville, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow (Hahnville, LA) in November 2011.

Interview

After application I was invited to take a test. Then I was emailed that I passed a test and would receive a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to return for a face to face interview. That interview consisted of a panel of six current employees who each asked a series of questions. A few weeks after the interview I got a call from the leader offering me the job. He then emailed my offer letter and I accepted. The whole process took about 2-3 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had difficulties with a coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Midland, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Very professional, staff and hiring manager were very welcoming and made me feel important. Interviews consist of an online application, genetic phone screen, and on-site in-person. Dow is a global company, so it is very important to make a great first impression and really shine. Be sure to dress the part- you will not be overdressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond a customer's expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hahnville, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow (Hahnville, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

Consisted of two interviews. The first interview was a phone interview. A very general interview. The second interview was a panel interview. The panels consisted of 5 technicians and the hiring major. The questions were character questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of people are easy to work with? What type of people are hard to work with?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dow in July 2015.

Interview

Resume review, then talked about your self, the credentials and transcript of records will be reviewed to check your suitability to the position. Short talks and more on professional career talking

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Had interviews with four different potential supervisors. Asked me about my resume. Gave me a tour of the facility. Since they each interviewed me separately, I basically answered the same questions over and over.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about the job?   1 Answer