Drawbridge Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Drawbridge

3.5

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Drawbridge (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The overall interview process was really smooth and fast & took around 3 weeks. The position was for a Java developer and I believe I received the call because one of my academic research project resonated with the work the company does.

Due to confusion in time zone, I missed my first interview, but the recruiter was kind enough to give me another chance.

The first step was a 45 minute technical Skype interview with coding in coderpad. It was a standard algorithm based which wasn't that hard to answer. The interviewer was quite friendly and gave me good insights about the company and the position. I received a mail a week later inviting me for the next round.

The next step was supposed to be an onsite interview, but since I was in East coast, it was turned into a 3 hour long Skype interview with 3 different interviewers. Each interview was 1 hour long, where I had to code online in coderpad. It was a standard interview where I was asked about my different projects and then later was given a programming question to solve. The programming challenges where not particularly tough and more emphasis was given on the Object Oriented way of programming. Interviews were really friendly and gave me helpful hints to guide me through the problems. The key is to understand their hints and solve the problem from there.

I received a mail a week later, asking me to chat with the manager for the final Skype interview. It was more of a discussion rather than an interview even though I was given a programming question to solve as the manager chipped in with his insights on how the problem should be approached and I gave my reasoning about the approach I chose to do. In the end, I was asked about my interests and my expectations from the job and the salary, to which I answered to frankly.

I got a call a couple of days later from the recruiter, informing me that I had got the job and was offered a very good compensation.

The few things that I might add as suggestions to improve the interview process are -

1. Please do not send emails from Jobvite, as every new email comes from a newly generated email address which makes it really hard to find them later.
2. Please try to bring the east coast candidates onsite as well as it would give us an opportunity to observe the work culture more clearly and would give a greater insights about the position and company.
3. Though coderpad was a way better alternative to say something like Google docs, I would still prefer whiteboard coding as it gives me a better way to represent my thoughts using flowcharts and diagrams.

Though I really loved the position and was satisfied with the salary, I decided not to join the company as I was offered a job at other company which allowed me to work on one of my dream projects.

Good luck to anyone reading my review and preparing for their interview at Drawbridge.

Interview Questions

• Lot of my questions were on the Ad Serving project that I did in my Masters.   Answer Question

Drawbridge Response

Jun 1, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We wish you the best in your new role!

Other Interview Reviews for Drawbridge

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Drawbridge in December 2015.

Interview

Because I do not live at Bay Area, there were 4 technical Skype interviews and one HR phone interview in the same day for me to get the offer. This seems to be the new policy of the company. The questions were average in difficulty for Java Developer positions and not tricky at all. They would love to learn more about your basic knowledge of Java and algorithms. The potential manager was more interested in my previous intern and project experience. I guess good communication and passion for techniques will help. The result came out the following day. The techniques they are using are great and the company is growing fast.

Interview Questions

Drawbridge Response

Jun 1, 2016 – Recruiter

Welcome to the team and thank you for your feedback! I would greatly appreciate any additional feedback on how we can improve our interview process to make it (excellent). Feel free to email me at... More