Dresser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dresser

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dresser (Waukesha, WI) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview process was unremarkable and standard. They had invited me from outside the state, paid airfare and offered reimbursement of car and hotel. It has been over a month since I submitted my reimbursement request and I have yet to receive it. Accounting culture seems to be that they apparently wait until the last of the following month to pay bills and reimbursements - not a good sign re: vendor and employee relations. Interview itself was fine but I am rating overall "interview experience" as negative due to struggle to get travel reimbursements.

Interview Questions

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dresser (Addison, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed for the same position that I held for a much larger and better company for 6 years.

Absolutely aced the interview. Afterwards, I was told that with me, they'd be able to "raise their level of IT."

Later, they began making excuses like, "Oh we gave the position to a new candidate who came on the scene because he previously worked here and knows our specific environment." Then when the job was posted on a job board & I called the recruiter back, I got the, "Oh well, you were previously submitted by another recruiter." This was for a different position months earlier.

Basically IT leadership at this company is unimpressive, short-sighted and will eagerly lie to suit their needs. I'm glad I don't work there.

SOX Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dresser (Dallas, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview process overall was very professional. The hiring manager was forthright regarding the unique requirements of the position and the potential downsides involved. Though the position was clearly not a good fit for me, I was impressed with the the professionalism that is sadly not universally present in today's job market.