Dycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dycom Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dycom (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly and without delay. Time from first inquiry to hire was about three weeks. The interview team was professional, friendly, and well prepared. One of my better interview experiences overall.

Interview Questions

• They asked a variety of technical questions well suited to the position.   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dycom (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very fast and few questions . I was interviewed in a room with four people. Each person asked a few questions. It was very fast and easy. If you don't know something be honest with them.

Interview Questions

• Basic and previous experience   1 Answer

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dycom (North Palm Beach, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Went through and Agency. First telephone interview with two people at once. Flowed OK. They were caught up on only one area. Single minded. The job was multi-faceted but the interviewers were singularly faceted. Not well rounded at all.
    Then brought in for an interview. same two people face to face. One never spoke just stared me down. Didn't bother me - just took him for a no-personality nerd. The other acted falsely sweet. Very very weird. Felt some odd vibe between them. could not pin point it

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral and some experience related. They could not describe the position. sounded open ended. Scary cause you never know what you may be getting yourself into. Asked a few times during both interviews. They would say "Good Question" and then never really answer it.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Had a wonderful phone interview with a Dycom subsidiary. Everything was going great. Then, she asks about PTO. This was a red flag. Quickly found out the reason - they get 5 days a year. Five.

I knew THIS was the place for me! The one thing holding me back was all that pesky vacation, sick, and personal time my other companies had so selfishly given me. This was where I was going to work. Nose to the stone, no personal relationships to get in the way, My husband was elated to know that I would never be traveling with him on vacation ever again.

What productivity this company must have! I knew in my role I wouldn't have to deal with all those pesky PTO requests, and I could get some REAL work done. I can only imagine the results this company has. Let's give our employees five days of sick, personal, and vacation time - who needs time off when you can work hard for such a great company!

PTO is overrated I tell you! Why in the world would I want to take a nice vacation with my family - they're doing me a a favor, really. I've been looking for ways to avoid my familial obligations. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get to work on Thanksgiving, too!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous roles and responsibilities   Answer Question
    • Asked about salary requirements, asked about current PTO   1 Answer
    • What interested you about this role   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dycom (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Went well. Standard questions. The people i interviewed with were good people. I should have read reviews on Glassdoor. Tour of the facility was really neat. But don't be fooled.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dycom in May 2014.

Interview

First call is a behavioral interview. Following interviews will be technical related questions. Woman who interviews for the behavioral question is in the HR area so don't expect any very techie questions about your resume. Be ready to be up beat and discuss what you put on your resume. Was really laid back!

Interview Questions

• What do you do outside of school (for leisure)? Why software engineering?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dycom (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

First you have a phone interview which last 15 to 20 minutes; is all about scenario type of questions. If you pass that interview you will go in a "1 on 1" or group interview; it doesn't make any sense because they ask the same questions.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions, just give a strong answer and move on.   Answer Question

IT Tier II Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dycom.

Interview

Phone interview for 10 minutes with not many technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will not negotiate.