Dynatrace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Detroit, MI) in April 2018.

Interview

After submitting an application via Glassdoor, I was contacted by a recruiter to setup a 15-20 min phone call. It was very straight forward (previous experience, was I willing to relocate, brief me on what the job entailed, etc.). About a week later I had a half hour call with the hiring manager. Again, very straightforward and felt more like a conversation than an interview. From there, I was invited back for an in-person interview. The interview lasted about 2 1/2 hours and I met with four separate people for a half hour and then gave a twenty minute presentation. All of the people I met with were great and, again, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. All of the questions were straightforward and what I had expected; it never felt as if they were trying to trick you or trip you up. The presentation criteria was outlined in detail, so I knew exactly how I needed to prepare. The recruiter was amazing throughout the entire process and provided me with an abundance of information to help me through the process. She was also very responsive to all of my questions. Overall, it was one of the best interview processes I have ever been through.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Detroit, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

First a screening, followed by a Skype call. Once you pass that they schedule an onsite interview, and you are given a project to complete and present at their office. I thought it went well and the manager was very friendly and nice. Too bad I did not get an offer, which I did not mind so much, but did mind the way it was told (An automatic rejection email)

Would be always good to give some type of feedback or indication as to why you no offer was given.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dynatrace (McLean, VA).

Interview

Long. Started the week of Thanksgiving and wanted the candidate to start January 2nd. I made it through the process. The hiring manager scheduled me to speak with his boss on December 19th. 32 minutes before our scheduled call his boss cancelled and rescheduled for 2 weeks. On January 2nd, I had my interview. A few hours later I connected with the hiring manager. he gave me a verbal offer. Then, spoke with the external recruiter who apprised me I will be receiving my written offer with 24 hours. Lo and behold, the recruiter reached out to me 36 hours later, informing me they changed the hiring process. You are required to go thru at least one more face to face interview. So, I had two more interviews, but neither were face to face. One was via the phone and the other via Zoom meetings. Within 24 hours after my last interview, they told the external recruiter they were re-starting their search. This was after I was told I was getting the job on January 2nd. Keep in mind, the hiring manager wanted the candidate to start on January 2nd.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your existing company ?   1 Answer

Dynatrace Response

Jan 23, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

We appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave a review. Our hiring managers sometimes take extra time to review candidate's professional background & interviews in further detail before... More

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Several interviews, including phone and F2F, with various titles across the company in multiple regions so interviewers got get peer-to-peer feedback. Very thorough, productive, and professional all the way through.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work for Dynatrace?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dynatrace.

Interview

The Recruiter reached out to me a few times over the years, our timing finally aligned. I spoke with the Recruiter, various Sales leaders, another Account Executive and a Sales Engineer. The interviews were conversational and insightful. Both the hiring manager and the Recruiter were responsive, knowledgable and personable. Nothing ended up materializing. However, the I have stayed in contact with the Recruiter and would be open to future dialogue. There is no doubt Dynatrace has a great product and is in an exciting market.

Interview Questions

• We talked about my experience with accounts in the territory   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Vienna, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very fast and efficient process. Dynatrace staff made themselves easily available for interviews. Met the hiring manager in person, spoke via phone with technical resource, and the Sales Leadership over a 2 week period. Dynatrace Recruiting did a outstanding job keeping me informed of the process and next steps.

Interview Questions

• Since it has been 8 months since the interviews, I can't remember specific questions. But it is important that you spend time truly understanding the technology and market opportunity with Dynatrace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was less than 1 week and was extremely straight forward. "Tell us about yourself and your past experience in Enterprise sales". If you are a successful software sales rep, you will fly through this interview process.

Interview Questions

• "Walk me through the last large deal you did at XYZ company - how did you find it, how did you close it?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

5 interviews. All over the phone. I was surprised that I did not need to meet in person. I finally met my boss on the first day of work. He flew into town to review my 30 day plan and give feedback.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to increase revenue?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dynatrace.

Interview

They moved quickly and were thorough during the process. They got the interviews scheduled quickly and everyone I met was friendly and helpful. Good follow-through after the interviews as well.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Waltham, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

In my case the process consisted of, recruiter initial call to ask for salary and current status, then initial phone screen technical, then two technical sessions of technical interviews each of them with three team members who were most of them software engineers, one architect and the manager. The process was not very complicated and they gave a quick feedback.

Interview Questions

• To model a restaurant in which waiters are all robots   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Long - 1+ months - many proper and deep interviews, video, in person and phone. Met with all senior leaders, middle level managers and some key individual contributors. all had very good questions, thoughtful, intelligent, and many follow up questions. They look for ROCK STARS. and you could tell.

Interview Questions

• Management style, history, problem solving, situational positioning.   Answer Question