Dyson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dyson Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

International Commercial Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dyson.

Interview

The interview process was very long and drawn out. They missed many deadlines on their end and got back to you several days late. Nowhere through the process could you talk to someone or ask questions in real time (Unless you specifically set up a call. Even then, conversations were hurried and it was clear they had better things to do with their time than talk to you). The first step was a simple questionnaire that mainly asked for basic information plus one short answer. Next was a HireVue interview (you record responses to prerecorded questions on your computer), which was very awkward if you have never used the platform before. This included a behavioral set of questions and a case study. You had about a minute or so to prepare for the question and then had to record your answer to that question in a certain amount of time. Again, because of the format of this part, you couldn't ask any questions about the position or the company. Next, there were 3 assessments: verbal, quantitative, and situational judgement. If you passed that round, you would go to an on-site interview in Chicago.
    Overall, they are looking for very driven people, but it's clear from the structure of each round of interviews, there are many people interviewing for this position and they don't have time to get to know each candidate on a personal level past whatever their resume says.
    Originally, when I called the recruiter to clarify some things, he said that 10 people would be invited to the final round and 5 people would be offered positions. However, in the last email they sent out, they ended up only offering 3 spots, so it's a very selective program and they are still working out the details. The entire interview process lasted from late February-Mid April.
    Dyson reached out several weeks later, inviting all candidates to sign up for a 15 minute call to give feedback on their performance in the interview process. By the time I was able to sign up for a slot, all spaces were full for the next 1.5 months. The day for my feedback call arrived (Mid June), and no call came. I received simply an email with 3 computer generated reports about my performance on the 3 assessments with no further explanation. When I emailed the recruiter, he apologized for missing our call and set up a call for the next day. Again, he missed that call with no email explanation.
    If you're looking to work at a very technology-focused and innovative company, then Dyson is a great fit. If you want to work somewhere where you're recognized as a human, living person who has value, do not work here.

Stylist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dyson.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews, one with a recruiter, the other 3 with Dyson employees. All went well with each interview as I was moved all g to the next phase of the hiring process.

It's now been several weeks at which point I guess they went with another candidate.
    I did email the recruiter who said she had heard nothing and would email the Mgr and hr person, never heard back from her.
    Way to go Dyson, to you last out on a great employee

Marketing Interview

Interview

There were a lot of steps in the interview process and the hiring manager was very quick in response to any emails that I sent. I had to take two tests: Situational Judgement Test and a kind of personality test after the first interview process which was interesting and something I haven't had to do before.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Multi-step process. First was a HireVue process, which was a virtual recorded interview to pre recorded questions. Second was an assessment testing. Finally, they completed onsite interviews. Well put together onsite interview day with many other candidates and team members. After completing the thorough recruitment process, I had to withdraw myself after failure on Dyson's end to meet promised job offer deadline due to personal offer deadlines. Overall disappointing experience; Dyson missed promised feedback and next step deadline goals along the whole process. Expect a long, time intensive, arduous process.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to be a trailblazer and how are you a trailblazer?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a resume screen, a video interview, and then an in person on site interview for finalists. Only seven of the fifteen finalists were invited on site, and the explanation for who was chosen was not made clear.

Interview Questions

• Case interview--gave data on several different types of toasters and asked me to determine how to sell one to a retailer.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson in March 2017.

Interview

I had a prerecorded video interview for the first time. Basically I was reached out to by HireVue and Dyson, sharing that I will be given a link to go through 10 interview questions with time beforehand to prep and plan my answers. I dressed in business attire and used my laptop and headset to complete the interview. Each questions was a recording given by members of the global Dyson members. The interview including a skills challenge at the end.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a trailblazer? Why? Describe how so in team, project aspect.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest leadership accomplishment? What were some obstacles you overcame and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Describe how to preserve Dyson's behavior indicators when expanding into new geographies in the realm of performance management, learning/development, & recruiting. (Skills Challenge)   Answer Question
    • How do you approach difficult conversations?   1 Answer

International Commercial Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dyson in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the interview process was an online video process through an app called hire vue. There were 8 questions and then one skills question at the end

Interview Questions

• We need employees who are fighters for our products, name one time you have been a fighter?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself   Answer Question
    • Why do you like an unstructured rotational program like this one versus a structured one?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a four step process: 1. Online application 2. HireVue video interview 3. 2 assessment tests 4. An in-person group "get to know you" at the Dyson HQ in Chicago. Part 4. consisted of different group activities (with other candidates) and 5 individual interviews with various members of the team.

The entire process proved to me that Dyson is willing to put in the time and effort when it comes to picking the best candidates and making sure the culture is the right fit on both ends. The entire experience was amazing and made me love this amazing company!

Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dyson (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

Met with the hiring manager at Starbucks on a Saturday near the big box store they demo in. The interviewer is really a Advantage xPO employee overseeing the Demo personal.

Interview Questions

• Very, very standard questions you can print off the web...tell me about a time when you had to make an irate customer happy...or something like that.   Answer Question

Product Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dyson (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, they did a screening and then set a phone interview with one of the hiring managers, I did super bad on the phone interview because I couldn't anything maybe because she was calling long distance, first questions very easy but then she went hard on me, after that I was given a second chance for a face to face interview where they asked to do a 5 min demonstration with one of the vacuum products. Overall the person who interviewed for the face to face was very approachable, she explained more about the role, she explained the specific skills she was looking for. In my opinion if you don't have experience doing sales, don't even bother applying because they know when somebody is bsing on his experience. Make sure you practice "how to approach to a customer" before the face to face interview, that's the most important thing, Other than that very standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      1) Tell me about work experience ( they want to know your "sales/customer experience for REAL")
      2) What interest you about this position?
      3) Tell me about a time when you achieved something?
      4) Tell me a experience when you have to set a goal to sell something? ( Practice this one a LOT)
      5) How do you think would be a typical day working at Dyson as a product demonstrator?
      6) What's your favorite app and why?

Face to Face:
      1) What do you know about dyson?
      2) What do you know about the products?
      3) How would you approach a customer, give me a demonstration? (Crucial if you wanna get hired)
      4) Give a 5 mins demonstration of the Dyson v8