Dyson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dyson

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

First step was getting the application accepted. They look through your resume and see if your experience matches their needs. Next is an aptitude test involving reading comprehension and mathematical analysis. They're easy tests, but very time-sensitive. Next is a HireVue interview where you'll be prompted with questions as well as a project which you'll need to formulate an answer to and give a report on within a given time frame. Finally, if you make it this far, you'll be invited to a final interview at their HQ in Chicago. This involves informational sessions on what working at Dyson is like as well as: two one-on-one interviews, an individual exercise, and a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you wanted to accomplish something, but weren't able to   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL) in January 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to set up a phone interview and I provided my availability. No response, but after reading the reviews I wasn’t too concerned.

After an entire month they reached out to follow up on available times for a phone interview...what? I decided to check it out regardless and it was just weird. HR person asked the same question the entire time (just phrased differently). Basically asking what you want in a culture, Dyson’s culture, etc. Hiring Manager was pretty condescending and constantly talked about herself, and again, just threw out the word “culture” at any opportunity.

Culture is important, but when you constantly throw around the word “culture” buzzword and can’t answer your own questions or elaborate on it, it just seems weird.

They also changed the title with every email and didn’t get a clear read on their structure. Seems very convoluted. Reviews were a pretty accurate read on the process.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a four step process: 1. Online application 2. HireVue video interview 3. 2 assessment tests 4. An in-person group "get to know you" at the Dyson HQ in Chicago. Part 4. consisted of different group activities (with other candidates) and 5 individual interviews with various members of the team.

The entire process proved to me that Dyson is willing to put in the time and effort when it comes to picking the best candidates and making sure the culture is the right fit on both ends. The entire experience was amazing and made me love this amazing company!

Interview Questions

• Why Dyson?   1 Answer
    • What is one thing you failed at in your life and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Online application, math and reading assessment, HireVue interview, on-campus interview day. HireVue interview has behavioral questions and a skills challenge. The on-campus interview day has 2-3 interviews, a group exercise, and information sessions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dyson (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Video interview that allowed us to show interest in the company and talk abut experiences. Also featured a skills challenge that allowed you to apply concepts that you need to during the actual internship.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

There is a phone interview, onsite interview, personality/reasoning test, and background check involved. Depending on your position, you might have more rounds to go through, and more people to talk to. On-site interviews will consist of a tour of the office as well. The people are very friendly and the environment is very casual.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

If your resume passes through their online screening, you'll be invited for an online assessment that consists of basic math and reading comprehension test. It's pretty standard but very time sensitive so make sure you're free of distraction when doing it. After passing their assessment test, you'll be invited for a HireVue interview that asks basic behavioral questions with a short case assessment at the end (~15 minutes). Lastly, if you pass the HireVue interview, they will invite you to their on-site interview in Chicago, IL, where you will have around 2-3 face-to-face interviews with the team plus an individual/group case interview. The on-site interview lasts the whole day but it consists of a company tour, several info sessions, and other fun activities. Overall, they really invest a lot in finding the right talent.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions related to your industry.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

There were a lot of steps in the interview process and the hiring manager was very quick in response to any emails that I sent. I had to take two tests: Situational Judgement Test and a kind of personality test after the first interview process which was interesting and something I haven't had to do before.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson in January 2017.

Interview

It is a interactive process where you have to login into dyson and do a video. They ask normal questions its not that difficult. They ask 10 questions avg that will test your different views about the company and the position you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the position why do you like marketing ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interviewing process was very straightforward, but it's important to be on your toes. My interviewers knew exactly what they were looking for in a candidate. So, if you're the right fit, they'll be able to tell right away. It's important to have some idea of the company culture. They're looking for active additions, not job fillers.