EBI Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EBI Consulting (Burlington, MA).

Interview

The hiring process started off normal. I received a phone screen and then was asked to come in for an in-person interview.

The in-person interview consisted of 3, 30 min interviews with the manager, owner of the company, and the HR team. The interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and the people were very friendly.

At the end, they asked if I was actively interviewing and I answered yes but then I was a little thrown off when they asked in detail what companies I was looking at and what the salary ranges were of the jobs I was interviewing for. They were pretty adamant on knowing. I knew coming in that this job would pay the least out of the other jobs but it seemed like a great opportunity and I would be willing to take a slight pay cut compared to other offers.

After a couple days had passed I received a phone call saying they wanted to give me an offer and I told them that I was between them and another company and would like to see the formal offer before making my decision. They were very understanding and they told me they would have the formal letter by the end of the next day.

A week went by and they barely said anything. When other offers were pushing for an answer, I asked them how much longer for the offer and I received a generic email saying that they decided to go another direction. No explanation was given and they never acted like anything was different during the week I was waiting.

I later found out that this isn't the first time they rescinded an offer with no explanation or warning. The company seems like a great place to work but it seems pretty unethical to waste someone's time, say they want to offer, and then take away the offer with no explanation. It ended up working out for me because I had other offers but please tread lightly with this company!!!

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EBI Consulting.

Interview

Easy interview process met for lunch and was hired the next day. They actual paperwork took a month or so to get finalized. Everyone was very nice during interview its when you work for the company do things start to not add up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EBI Consulting (Burlington, MA).

Interview

very simple, phone interview, in person interview mostly asking what was looking for/want, and going over my resume, experiences and past projects. very nice while waiting for interview several people approached me offering coffee and just stopping in the interview room to say hi.

Interview Questions

• what my 5 year plan was, am I able to travel, why I wanted this position   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EBI Consulting (Burlington, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

They reached out to me after finding me on LinkedIn. I had a couple of phone interviews/discussions. I met in person with the CEO, Presidents of the two Divisions, CFO, CHRO, and CIO. They were all very easy to talk to and open/clear about who they were looking for and what the position entailed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EBI Consulting in December 2014.

Interview

Very long process - applied October 15. Had a phone interview the end of November and subsequently was set up for an in person interview the end of December. Had a few more informal phone interviews and didn't hear from them for awhile. Was finally told I got the job 5 months after initially applying.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for the position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EBI Consulting (Burlington, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was not asked a lot of questions and the interview went on for 2+ hours. Most of the questions were in regard to how much time I was willing to put into the job versus my actual skills set. We didn't talk about my experience very much because it was understood that I was going to be trained from scratch.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to sacrifice weekends?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EBI Consulting (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Be prepared for a number of inappropriate questions during the interview process that would be considered illegal by all Human Resource Professionals. What most people do in this circumstance, is write this off due to the company's size and the fact that it is family owned.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Vacation time was negotiated, but it won't matter because even during your vacation days you will have to work for a couple of hours.

Human Resources Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EBI Consulting in June 2014.

Interview

Had a great first interview with 3 of the senior management team and it seemed like an exciting opportunity. Was invited back for a second interview with the owner who asked many inappropriate questions and frequently twisting my words and then turning them back me. Additionally, everytime I asked him a question, he told me to answer it first. I have never had such a negative experience in all of my career.

Interview Questions

• how many children do you have? (illegal!)   1 Answer

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EBI Consulting in September 2011.

Interview

Expect 3-6 months with several phone interviews. If invited to meet management, you will likely be offered a position.

Negotiation

Split the difference. Management is very open to negotiating.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EBI Consulting (Burlington, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process took 3 rounds. I first met peer group and HR professionals. Then with middle management of each service division, and finally senior management (including the owner).

There are multiple Technical Directors within the company. I met a few during each interview phase. Overall the process was lengthy but helpful given that when i was hired i had a good understanding of how the company operated and who was responsible for each division.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are tough negotiators but the upside is that bonuses and raises are awarded each year.