ECC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.1

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ECC (Denver, CO).

Interview

I had interviewed with their Ops Mgnr who was already aware of some of my abilities as we both represented competing contractors, on large scale projects at the same DoD and DoE properties.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in venturing out of my comfort zone, aka moving from environmental remediation into D/B construction.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My situation was a bit different than for most people as ECC already had me in mind for specific projects, they made me an offer package that I was pleased with.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilo, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ECC (Hilo, HI) in January 2016.

Interview

Conversational intervier with primar supervisor and there was a tribunal type interview after I was shown around the work site. The three people were the project manager, and two project engineer.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

All completed by phone until I arrived in Afghanistan. On boarding process is a phone call and you are off to the races. They did contact my references and former employer. I would suggest having an optimistic attitude and state you are willing to work as hard as needed to get the job done.

Interview Questions

• The entire conversation was about work experience and how to fit in with the ECC culture   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ECC.

Interview

I submitted my resume and the job application through the company's website ecc.net. About a week later, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. He was very friendly and professional. I felt like he respected my time and didn't waste it with a bunch of useless questions. After the phone interview, I was invited to fly out for an in-person interview. It was an all day event! I met with so many different members of the team. There were 4 rounds of about an hour each with between 2 and 3 people. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. It felt like overkill to meet with so many people, but it was indicative of how ECC gives everyone a voice about certain decisions. After the final interview, I met once more with the hiring manager and we discussed salary and fringe benefits. Very soon after that, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I had accounting experience, but no compliance experience. There were specific questions about audit functions and government regulations that tripped me up. I didn't expect the level of detail of some of the questions regarding gov't regulations.   Answer Question

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ECC (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was first approached by a recruiter that was employed by ECC. We spoke on the phone for the initial interview. Later I had a phone interview with estimating manager who, upon completion of the phone interview, invited me to their office for an in-person interview. I met 1:1 with the manager, program director and two program managers. I then met with the full estimating team, about 10 people. The estimating manager took me to lunch where we discussed how the day had gone. Upon returning to the office we discussed salary, benefits etc. The offer was made about a week later.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find the questions to be very difficult. The interview was mostly just a conversation about the industry, estimating experiences and ECC.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation process was fairly brief. I believe that ECC met my requests and upon beginning to work here I found a multitude of other benefits that I was not aware of at the time of negotiation.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ECC (Burlingame, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Typical phone interview followed by in person meeting with onsite IT guy and 2 other IT managers on a video call. The video quality was poor and time was wasted in getting it set up. Other than that the staff was friendly and asked good questions.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't know how to address a computer issue where would you look for the answer or help?   Answer Question

Native Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ECC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

The first step is an all-day group interview in which you were tested on your teaching demonstration and interpersonal skills. Then, at the end, there was a short writing test with basic grammar questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to prepare a teaching demonstration.   1 Answer

Quality Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herat (Afghanistan)

Application

I interviewed at ECC (Herat (Afghanistan)) in June 2010.

Interview

I was referred to ECC Sr. Project Manager by one of my Co-Managers. There was an initial interview and after I was accepted. I was scheduled to have the final interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my weak points, I didn't expected such a question.   Answer Question