EDP Renewables Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2018

2.7

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EDP Renewables (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

I had a phone Interview with Director of Engineering and Construction, and I was referred by a former employee. The interview was performed over the telephone, and it entailed a basic review of my resume and willingness to perform in inclement weather and work at extreme heights. It was very straight-forward; however, I doubt the company is as casual with their interview process this day in age.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional goals while at EDPR?   1 Answer

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EDP Renewables (Houston, TX).

Interview

First had phone interview then called in for an in-person. The in-person interview was a series of 5 successional 30 minute interviews with different people. A mix of technical and behavioral. There was no heads up that this would be a technical interview. The technical portion was filled with case studies and included doing long division by hand.

Interview Questions

• Showed multiple wind turbines on a map and asked to analyze the most optimal schedule to perform routine maintenance on them   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EDP Renewables.

Interview

Contacted to set up a phone interview within a few weeks of submitting an online application. Spoke on the phone to a manager for about 45 minutes and was invited by email to an in-person interview. I met with several people individually, shown around the facility and taken to lunch. The whole interview took over 3 hours. I never heard back from anyone from the company about whether I got the job, which is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for EDP Renewables   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EDP Renewables in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online on Friday afternoon, HR in Houston called me Monday morning. Had about a 30 minute phone interview, then scheduled a local face-to-face. Was interviewed by 3 people at the local wind farm. The interview lasted about an hour. Discussed qualifications, how I organize and keep a workspace, and benefits.

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Payne, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EDP Renewables (Payne, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

I met with the 2 people that worked in the office. Went over qualifications and I received a call back to meet with the regional manager. I then was offered the position. I started about a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• My qualifications and the qualifications of the position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EDP Renewables in March 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a representative at a campus fair and got a call a week or two after. The first call was to gauge my interest in the internship and to schedule an interview with someone I would be working with. It was over the phone and he mainly went over intern responsibilities and asked a few STAR questions. I received a second phone interview with the project manager and he asked simple technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Ohm's law, some general questions on electrical components.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EDP Renewables (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online, made no separate contact with HR or the company
    Email for phone interview 1 month latter
    Phone interview about requirements for the job and if you meet them. Told I will be notified 2 weeks later.
    Notified for inperson interview in Houston, company paid travel expenses.
    Interviewed with 4 people of the department.
    Talked about requirements and experience. Very technical.
    About a 2-2.5 hour interview.
    Offer made about 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about wind energy.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EDP Renewables.

Interview

applied online, it definitely took a while to hear from them, i thought i wasn't going to hear. then i heard 3 months later and scheduled a few over the phone interviews that happened within 2 weeks. i then received an offer from HR a week later

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EDP Renewables (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was over an hour. in person interview lasted maybe 20 mins, if even that. Didn't ask a lot of questions of me.

After a month, I got an email saying my background check had started and I could go get my drug screen. It took forever. Offer letter came two days before they arranged my flight for training.

Summer Interview

Interview

Phone interview with first half going over my qualifications and the second half consisting of trying to ensure that I am pro-wind energy. After a few minutes of speaking I got the feeling that it is a sort of cult work environment where you swear your love for wind energy and hate hydrocarbons. However if you apply there you are likely pro renewable energy so the questions seemed out of place