EMD Serono Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at EMD Serono

2.7

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Billerica, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Relatively demanding, lots of questions, scenarios, questions about future intentions. Several one-on-one interviews, presentation in front of 12 people. High pressure recruiter that was not polite at all and that did not help at all.

Interview Questions

• How would you act if someone in your team was not performing well   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Rockland, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was a well-managed interview process with excellent communication from the internal recruitment team. I had an initial screening interview (by phone) with the internal recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited to travel to Boston to meet with several members of the team. The company made my flight and hotel arrangements, provided car service, and the internal recruiters did an outstanding job of communicating all details and updates. The process went very smoothly, and it was a very pleasant experience. The interviewers were all very cordial and professional; they engaged me in relevant discussions about how the job should be done. Unfortunately for me, the company decided not to fill this particular role at the moment, so there was no offer extended. However, I wanted to pay my compliments to the company for handling this process so well.

Interview Questions

• Questions about appropriate processes, cross-collaboration with multiple stakeholders.   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Haverhill, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

I was asked to do a phone screen to discuss the role further and was sent a variety of times which was nice but the phone call itself was awful! The recruiter was not engaged, did not interject, the history/role description given was clearly something that had been prepared and they were reading.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my HR experience. Every question asked was generic. When I asked questions the recruiter was unable to answer them or did not know the answer. I at one point had to ask if they were still on the call. The overall experience was unprofessional which is disappointing for an organization that is well known and established.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

It was very much a laid back interview. It took about 4 weeks for the whole process. I was interviewed with six individual and some with just feel you question...behavior type.

Key Account Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Fargo, ND) in April 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview and two 1:1 interviews. The initial 1:1 interview was straight forward. The second interviewer came in with preconceived beliefs about my former company and consequently me. She kept trying to get me to speak ill about my former company. She had previously worked for my former company and had a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 most important attributes of a sales representative?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe a successful day?   Answer Question

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Nashville, TN) in June 2018.

Interview

Brief set of questions with little in the way of feedback or interaction. If I made it through the screening, the hiring manager would have met with me. If I made it through that, I'd head to HQ for a final.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Woburn, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a staffing consultant followed by hiring manager. Only scheduled for half day onsite interview. No lunch or dinner for the candidate. Onsite interview includes face to face with scientists from the same group and 2 group leaders from other groups

Interview Questions

• What do you like the least about your current job? Why do you want to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EMD Serono.

Interview

The interview process was frustrating. Applied for the position, within 2 weeks had a 30 minute phone interview. The send a personality test, which comes from MercK and comes in 3 different languages. (goes directly to spam folder) Didn't hear anything back for 2 months. Eventually got a call saying I had made it to the next level for a onsite interview. HR person wanted me to come in within 2 days for an interview, when I denied stating I was on vacation she kept trying to get me to commit to a date without looking at my calendar while on the phone. I asked multiple times to email me a list of available times or details, which she denied. After telling her 4 times I needed to look at my calendar, and asking her to email the conversation I mentioned I would reach out to the other HR Person. ( I was walking in a rainstorm and could see my calendar on my phone) I called the other HR manager from a previous screening and figured out the situation. Extremely frustrated.

Interview Questions

• Random questions from the direct job listing and my resume   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Rockland, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. Spent over eight hours at company. Enjoyed meeting various people, levels, and functions. Everyone was friendly and forthcoming with information on the company and job I was interviewing for. The offices are impressive.

Disappointing as far as recruiter communication though... I was able to go on 2 rounds of interviews, plus a third over the phone, but then heard nothing. It has been almost 3 weeks since I was told they were definitely making a decision. I understand every person that applies for a job cannot be contacted, however if you are brought in for an interview (several at that!) someone should have the courtesy to take 5 minutes and call you back, email, or even snail mail a letter saying they have moved forward with someone else! Especially seeing as I have professionally emailed and left 2 voice message with the recruiter. The latter asking that I please be called either way on their final decision as another offer is on my plate for another company. Serono was my first choice, but if this is how they communicate then maybe it is better I do not work there!

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview is easy, but last for a whole day. People are nice and easy going. Could not feel too much pressure from the work environment. could not feel too much energy from the culture. Everything looks slow.