EMD Serono Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMD Serono Interview Questions

2.8

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Rockland, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was a well-managed interview process with excellent communication from the internal recruitment team. I had an initial screening interview (by phone) with the internal recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited to travel to Boston to meet with several members of the team. The company made my flight and hotel arrangements, provided car service, and the internal recruiters did an outstanding job of communicating all details and updates. The process went very smoothly, and it was a very pleasant experience. The interviewers were all very cordial and professional; they engaged me in relevant discussions about how the job should be done. Unfortunately for me, the company decided not to fill this particular role at the moment, so there was no offer extended. However, I wanted to pay my compliments to the company for handling this process so well.

Interview Questions

• Questions about appropriate processes, cross-collaboration with multiple stakeholders.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

i applied online and it took about two weeks to hear from HR back. First round is all behavior questions by HR, the second round is asked by a director and a team member, no tech questions at all and they are nice

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Woburn, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a staffing consultant followed by hiring manager. Only scheduled for half day onsite interview. No lunch or dinner for the candidate. Onsite interview includes face to face with scientists from the same group and 2 group leaders from other groups

Interview Questions

• What do you like the least about your current job? Why do you want to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

OLDP Interview

Interview

Interviewed 5 employees. They were pretty easy to get to know and really wanted to get to know you. Pretty easy questions the usual behavioral questions as well as some questions about hobbies and things you do for fun.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview is easy, but last for a whole day. People are nice and easy going. Could not feel too much pressure from the work environment. could not feel too much energy from the culture. Everything looks slow.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Billerica, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview asking multiple questions regarding high level support. High level travel experience. Computer use level. What attracted you to applying to the job. The next steps would be to have s face to face

Interview Questions

• Experience with scheduling high level international travel   1 Answer

Scientific Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Billerica, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through a staffing agency regarding this assignment. The recruiter thought that I would be a good fit for it based on my resume, so I scheduled a 30-minute phone interview with her. Our conversation went well, and an in-person interview was scheduled for the week after. On the morning of the scheduled interview, I received a call from the recruiter, explaining that the hiring manager wasn't able to make it, and had to reschedule. I readily agreed to that, eager to meet with the manager and her team. When the time came to interview, two friendly administrative assistants from the manager's team showed up first. As they were telling me about the job, and asking questions about my experience, I quickly realized that this position was primarily an administrative support role; I was led to believe it was something more from the position title and my initial chat with the recruiter. The training manager came in next and asked me similar questions. We talked about my last role, which wasn't administrative. At the very end of the interview, the hiring manager showed up - she didn't ask me too many questions, as her team had already done most of the work. I don't fault her for that at all, as it seems like a very busy place. She walked me out at the end, told me they would contact the recruiter about a decision next week. It was a positive experience overall, but I was disappointed that the role wasn't as "scientific" as I thought. My goal is to use my administrative experience as a strong foundation to take on different types of roles.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging role you've had in your career, and why?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Billerica, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Relatively demanding, lots of questions, scenarios, questions about future intentions. Several one-on-one interviews, presentation in front of 12 people. High pressure recruiter that was not polite at all and that did not help at all.

Interview Questions

• How would you act if someone in your team was not performing well   Answer Question

EMD Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono in May 2013.

Interview

applied through co-op advisor in college and got call for 2 of the positions

Manager - Program Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online and HR setup a phone screen week later. Made it through 2 more screens and then flew out for interview for the morning sessions. All interviews were 1 on 1 with about 4 people I would be engaged with. Also gave me a quick tour of the facility.