ENSCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ENSCO Interview Questions

1.9

Physical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ENSCO (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Two page questionnaire sent by email about my experience in a variety of areas, including signal processing theory, analyzing large datasets, problem solving, time management and organization, experience with seismic, acoustic, or electromagnetic datasets, writing technical reports, scientific programming, and algorithm development. After returning this questionnaire, there was a phone interview discussing these questions and others, as well as HR questions.

After the phone interview I was told I would receive a phone call from the hiring manager, "On Friday, at 1 pm." 1 pm on Friday rolled around and there was no phone call. Two months later I received an email saying no appropriate opportunities exist for me at the company, but kindly thanking me for my time.

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowledge of digital signal processing theory.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ENSCO.

Interview

They took me around for a tour of the facility then sat down with four employees to be interviewed. Was asked mainly about project experience, leadership roles and academic material.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your teammates for a specific project and how you interacted   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ENSCO (Springfield, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very simple. Arrived, met with Human Resources, sent to Software Manager, had a technical interview, and then out the door. Interview involved some whiteboard explanations of software concepts - singletons, data mapping, threading, etc.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions - design patterns, OOP concepts, some database related questions.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ENSCO.

Interview

The interview was casual and on overall positive experience. Mainly asked about research in graduate school, and how I solved problems. Met with technical and managerial staff. Everyone was very professional. The total interview took about 4 hours, meeting with about four to five total people. It was very personalized.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ENSCO.

Interview

I applied online through their website, and a recruiter contacted me within a few days to set up an interview. The hiring process was very quick with no surprises. There was one phone interview with a senior software developer, who asked the technical questions, and a manager. The questions were knowledge-based and geared around Java and SQL and were standard questions you'd find in a laundry list of common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic SQL queries, difference between inner and outer join, what is try/catch/finally   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ENSCO.

Interview

Interview included mix of technical and personal questions.

Interview Questions

• What the most important feature of object oriented design is.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cocoa Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ENSCO (Cocoa Beach, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

I replaced someone in the middle of a project. I was presented with the work and situation. I was then asked to start working immediately. However, my recruiter had informed me that day was for the interview only. Believing as much, I wore a suit and tie, for which I was reprimanded, and asked to dress more casually in the future. No problemo!

Interview Questions

• Encoding procedures couched in military jargon in documents littered with inconsistencies. Using advanced procedures in MS Word 2010 without it crashing was another difficulty.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ENSCO in June 2012.

Interview

Received a call that they were interested in me interning for them for the summer. Went into the office and to my surprise there was no interview. I met everyone I was going to be working with and was hired pretty much on spot.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Associate Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ENSCO (Endicott, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Someone from HR will call you who knows nothing about tech, just to see if you'd come in for an interview. Then when you come in a manager will interview you for perhaps 30 minutes. If you have been studying computer science, it will be extremely easy. I can't remember if they just hire you right then, or if they call you later.

This is for the little code testing jobs they have all the time, by the way. They typically last about 3 months, and then they may ask you to go on to another project if they have one.

Interview Questions

• What's wrong with this branch statement: if (4 = a) {...} extremely easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Tech Assist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ENSCO (North Springfield, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

Two interviewers - not too formal. Although the position was a bit technical, there was no attempt to confirm that technical knowledge from the interview. Overall, one of the most relaxed interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic non-technical questions primarily trying to determine whether you would fit with the corporate culture   Answer Question