EZCORP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.3

Pawnbroker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EZCORP (Temple, TX).

Interview

It was awesome 8 years ago, I help sometimes with interviews and I enjoy it, all leave satisfied, I know I did when I got interviewed it was an awesome experience

Interview Questions

• they asked the right questions   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EZCORP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Quick, only went thru 1 interview hired on the spot . Didnt ask much I think they just needed to fill a spot. That should've been a red flag to know I wouldnt have been trained right. it was a joke.

Lead Pawn Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EZCORP (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was simple, considering that I have Pawn experience. Overall I enjoyed my time spent at Ez Pawn. Lots of customer interaction with no room for personal feelings. Not much room for advancement or raises until you've been there a full year.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation set pay rate

Pawnbroker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EZCORP (San Antonio, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I filled out a application when they hosted a job fair. I already had two years experience with a different pawn company . Filled out a application online and next day went to the interview. It was at their nogalitos location . Went inside and told them I was here for a job interview and I had dressed casual for it. Went inside and met the district manager Cadio and did some questions related to past experiences with previous jobs. They asked me some scenarios etc. They were pretty polite , they said they definitely will consider me sense I already am experienced and informed me everybody starts part time but will fit me in full time when a position becomes available . I finished the interview and did orientation the next week along with the screening and background check and the week after I was offered the job and location I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a situation where you felt like you couldn't handle a irate customer?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EZCORP (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview on a Tuesday, an in-person interview on Thursday, and I started the next Monday. The interview was not an interview at all. It was the interviewer complaining about one of the other project managers. Of course, the other project manager was an employee - I was a contract-to-hire. The interview itself was a big fat joke.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you thought the project schedule was too aggressive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EZCORP.

Interview

I feel that the individual who interviewed me had already selected a candidate and was simply going through the motions of having to conduct an interview. I was offered a position but it wasn't until weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Did not follow typical interview questions asked by other organizations.   Answer Question

Lead Desktop Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EZCORP in May 2015.

Interview

Very unorganized and unprepared. I was more than willing to accept the position. However the loss of questions made by the VP of Operations during the interview made it difficult to even understand what was being requested. I was offered the job by a recruiter and had an interview the following week. I'm not sure if the clueless boss with a troubled department is a role they play during the interview process, but it just made it seem like he's been pushed to the edge with his lazy IT department. He asked for my technical background from present to prior, but later said he wasn't interested in someone with a top notch technical background, but more of a Leadership role and project management skills. I was only irritated after getting the response from the recruiter stating that while they felt I have a great skill set, I was unorganized and not ready to take on the said projects.

Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at EZCORP (Ames, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an interview 2 days later with both the store manager and district manager. That night interviewed with HR. Passed drug test and back ground check. Hired with offer 3 days later. Fastest process ever!

Interview Questions

• How would you expand customer growth?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EZCORP (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with Hiring Manager, then VP. Offer was extended shortly after. Recruiter called with lead, interview me and referred me to Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager was personable and down to earth, we discussed real life scenarios and potential for the job, he recommended for me to meet VP. Met VP and interview was very similar.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EZCORP (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Multiple Phone Interviews, face to face with HRBP, face to face with RVP and phone interview with VP of operations.

Was in the beginning phase of switching background companies so mine took almost 3 weeks.

Obviously was not my fault however this was very annoying.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is room to negotiate, if you are the "one," otherwise I would accept there offer and move into training.

When the show is on the other foot it is easy to make people squirm.