Eastman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eastman Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.9

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Eastman.

Interview

Very long process. Had a phone screen a month after an online application, was invited on-site a month later. First there was a quick tour of the facility. Then there was a panel interview with three people and a quick additional one-on-one conversation with a fourth person. Standard questions, no surprises there, the panel took turns reading questions off paper. On-site visit took about two hours. They followed up few weeks later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastman.

Interview

Two panels of three people each. Interview was approximately 1 hour long in a question and answer session. Suit required to get the job of a tough outdoor worker.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eastman (Martinsville, VA).

Interview

The standard fairly involved process for bigger companies. You have a couple of phone screening calls with hr recruiters, a phone s greening with the plant hr person, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an onsite interview with multiple panels comprised of personnel from various level of the company. There may have been some is or personality tests also. There seems to be a communication disconnect between the hiring managers the plant he personnel and the corporate recruiters. You invest a bunch of time in the process and never hear from anyone again.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used the exact process before.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eastman (Springfield, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

First I was offered an on campus interview. They read off 10 questions and you had to answer each one. Very quick and straightforward behavioral type questions. They want to know how you think through situations and come up with solutions. Then was invited to a on site interview. Here there is a 1 on 1 interview and a panel interview with 3 people. Interviewers all very nice

Interview Questions

• Name one time a coworker was not cooperative, what did you do to help the situation?   Answer Question

Entry Level Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at career fair and was invited for an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of a case study (in a group of 3) and 3 one-on-one interviews in a row. Overall great experience.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastman.

Interview

The HR contacted me to schedule a time to have a interview with hiring manager. One week later, received the invitation for an onsite interview and they paid for my trip. The people there are all very nice and make me feel at ease. Still waiting for the reply.

Polymer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eastman (Akron, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Full day interview from 8:00am to 5:00 pm. Started off with a technical talk that lasted an hour. Followed by one hour interview sessions with different people at the company. There was a 1.5 hr lunch break at noon, Overall tiring due to the length of the process, but people were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a disagreement with your advisor/employer   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eastman (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Eastman came to my school for recruiting and only had one round of interviews during which they asked a lot behavioral questions. The only technical question I got was, "what can you tell me about about object-oriented programming?" I had three interviewers, and they were just taking notes the whole time, not really a conversational interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about object-oriented programming?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 phone interview followed by an on site interview. For the phone interview, there were 2 group leaders asking behavior questions and the session last about 1 hr.
    The on-site interview was a total of 1 day. They occupied lunch, dinner, and breakfast time as part of the interview. So, the actual interview started at the night before. There were minimal break time in between the interviewers on the scheduled day for the interview. So, prepare some awkward moment like "oh, there's the next interview walked in the room, maybe we should end our session now".
    There are other points that i experienced during the interview. They dont typically hire experienced professionals in this large scale. So, in the past, they hire college grads, mostly local college grads. Another interesting fact was the all the interviewers were white and married, some have kids. That kind of made me wonder if the diversity and talent are there within the organization and the department.
    Some other comments about their culture changed from 10 yrs ago, the 2 rounds of layoffs, and the performance ranking system are correct.
    But, there are some positive experiences from the interview too. They organized the interviewers in an unique way not limited to the position i was interviewing for, but also they have connection to my backgrounds, which i think that's thoughtful. Another point is that, the admin part was great, such as timing, scheduling, guiding, and etc during the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked several common questions:
      1. Why do you want to leave your current company?
      2. What project that you have done in the past made you feel satisfied the most?
      3. What is your most proud of achievement?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastman.

Interview

Great interview. Competitive internship but the interviewer was warm and welcoming. Typical interview questions and time for me to ask questions at the end. Have not heard back about an offer yet, but would definitely accept if I was offered one.

Interview Questions

• Situation where you disagreed with someone you were working with   Answer Question