Edmodo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edmodo Interview Questions

2.7

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edmodo (San Mateo, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview to talk about basic personal questions and the company/interview process with some Q&A about the position; the interviewer said they would send a coding challenge later that day. I waited a couple of days before emailing that I had not received the coding project yet; it wasn't until two days later that I got a response and the instructions.

Following the specifications, I built the app which involved interacting with one of their APIs. After submission, I had another phone interview (same person) to talk about the completed challenge and discuss the next step - that they would contact me on Friday (two days later) to schedule an onsite interview.

I did not receive any emails or phone calls, so the next week I sent a follow up email; they responded after a week to say that people were traveling and they would not be able to interview until they returned (in a week or two). Fair enough, I waited but received zero communication from then on, despite sending a few follow up emails to clarify the situation.

Although beginning well and moving quickly at first, the interview process as a whole felt extremely unprofessional and disrespectful.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edmodo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The first round was cursory phone screen by the HR dept. The next round was with the hiring manager, who was extremely disinterested throughout the interview.

The first words from the hiring manager's mouth was,"I'm pressed for time, so talk." The questions were about as basic as it gets, including the old chestnut, "Tell me your biggest weakness."

When it was my turn to ask questions, I asked what are the projects I would be working on during my first 100 days, and the hiring manager had no idea.

The hiring manager also appeared to be speaking with someone else in the office during the phone interview. I could hear muffled responses to a different conversation.

At the end, the hiring manager said he was cutting the interview short as there was another phone call he had to make, even though I was called five minutes late.

Overall, the interview was very unprofessional.

Full Stack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edmodo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview first, then the interviewer sent a coding challenge which involves using their API. I worked on it for 4 days, which completely put an end to all other applications and gave them a fully functional neat app, after which they never got back to me. They lack the courtesy to acknowledge someone's work.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edmodo.

Interview

Pretty Bad and Unprofessional Process Overall - was told I was a great candidate, and got a long coding challenge (which involved making a client side app). The challenge took about a week, and obviously deterred me from the rest of the job search for that entire week. But, I was excited about Edmodo and I enjoyed making the app, so I put my full effort into it.

Sent it in the night before it was due. Didn't get any response, or even receipt of my submission, for an entire week. Sent a follow up email. Got a response to the effect of - "thanks for your submission. we won't be moving forward.". I was a little upset, so I asked for some feedback on my submission, or any kind of feedback overall. No response. Worst interview process I've had, without doubt. I can't understand how any person or company can live with themselves while being so obviously manipulative.

Interview Questions

• Make an app to help teachers organize student assignments.   Answer Question

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edmodo (San Mateo, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

First I was given an android app assignment which required me to get data from their API then display it in a list. This wasn't too challanging. I then had two interviews over Skype, these were pretty straight forward asking a few android questions and one tree structure question overall. They also explained a lot about what their company is doing and what I would be doing as an intern. I was given an offer the day after my second interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edmodo.

Interview

I had one phone interview with Edmodo before being flown out for an onsite interview. The phone interview was great, and I really got a feeling that they were trying to gauge my interest in the company and my personality as well as my technical knowledge.

My onsite interview involved me meeting four different people for 45 minutes each. Everyone I met was very nice, and I got a great impression about the company and what they were trying to do.

Unfortunately, my experience after the interview was very negative. Although the recruiters had been very kind and responsive before the interview, they were completely unresponsive afterwards. Considering the fact that I had taken the time to fly out to their office for a weekend, I would have thought that I at least deserved the courtesy of a rejection email. Also, I don't think my interview went completely terribly, as one of the interviewers said that he was really impressed with me. I was really disappointed with how the recruiters handled the interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic to mid level algorithm questions. Some specific questions about the language that I was most proficient in.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edmodo (San Mateo, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was recommended to apply by a friend. They put me in touch with the recruiter. From there I had two phone interviews and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you have an input of a list of strings and you want an output of a list of all the duplicates, how would you do that in O(n)?   1 Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edmodo.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Recruiter reached out to me after looking over my resume. Had two phone interviews. There were no specific technical questions that were asked in either interview. I was asked to expand on certain projects I had listed on my resume. Then, I was asked questions based on those projects. I felt both interviews had gone pretty smoothly. I didn't really know where I would fit as an intern in the company as my skills didn't really match what they were looking for. I think that may have been one of the biggest reasons I wasn't given an offer despite the good interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a skeptic of the benefits of our product?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edmodo (San Mateo, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Got introduced to a recruiter by a friend. Extremely fast interview process took less than a week (possibly because I had a time sensitive offer) with medium-level algorithm questions and also some pure math/stats if you are interested in data science. Recruiter was very professional (got back quickly each time) and the engineers I talked to seemed pretty cool as well.

Interview Questions

• you have a n by m matrix. if any row has a 0 turn all entries in that row to 0; same with columns. do this in O(1) constant space.

also an interesting data-gathering-with-api question over the phone and some very basic statistics (bayes theorem, etc) for data science
      1 Answer

Negotiation

definitely negotiate - they will beat out goldman sachs and google intern salaries if they really want to hire you.