Egon Zehnder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

The first round was a brief (30 minute) phone interview that covered the basics (past experience, a time you were challenged, a time you worked with a team, etc). Second round consisted of a 45 minute behavioral (much like round one) and a 45 minute case interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had little to no supervision on a project.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviews through a staffing agency for executive assisant role. Very friendly office manager; direct and warm interview with a great explanation of culture and responsibilities. The office was quiet and clean; interview took place in a conference room. No red flags at all but the culture didn't seem like it would be a match for me personally and professionally.

Seasonal Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiter. The firs round was a screening phone call with an analyst who was very friendly. We just walked through my resume. After the, I had two on campus interviews--one "case" and one behavioral. In the behavioral, we primarily just went through my resume again. For the case, they had me brainstorm industries and firms where we could find a good candidate to slot into a client's management team.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited on campus. The first interview was at the office and the final round was via phone. The interview was pretty standard but the phone interviewer was incredibly rude. The questions were very similar to the first round and therefore my answers were very similar. The first lady who interviewed me was professional but the second round interviewer kept saying things like "how weird" or "that's strange" to all my answers. The interview definitely left me not feeling very good about the firm.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical corporate interview: Round 1 Phone Interview, Round 2 Face to Face. The phone call was around 30 minutes and it was with a young research analyst. They focused on past internship experiences and asked for several examples of when I had solved problems, worked in groups, overcome failure etc. I had time to ask my own questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why Egon? How did you interact with superiors? How have you dealt with failure in the work place?   Answer Question

Seasonal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in August 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a case interview in the office followed by an hour informational interview. It talked mostly of industry trends and how I would go about certain aspects of the executive process. Mostly common sense, nothing you can really prepare for. Either you know industries or you don't

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you had to deal with individuals who did not share the same drive as you?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Extremely thorough and efficient interview process at this organization. I was able to meet with the office administrator along with two other executive assistants before meeting the executive consultant. I liked the fact that it was a panel interview session as I understand how important it is to vet out the right candidate for a role like this. Everyone I met was extremely kind and very much enjoy their work at this organization.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing from your childhood that had a positive effect on you today as an adult?   Answer Question

ID Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online via my university and was contacted a week later by email for a phone interview. I had a pretty standard phone interview that was conducted by someone that was also an ID Analyst and who I would potentially be working with. She filled me in on her background and the actual position. Then had me ask a couple questions. After that I was told that my information and answers would be passed on to the person doing the actual hiring and if selected I would be hearing from them to set up an in person interview within a week or so. I sent a thank you email to the person I spoke with and then I never heard from them again even for a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      What interested you in the company?
      What interests you most about the position?
      Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through the school career center. There was a phone interview for the first round, and on-site interview for the final round. The phone interview was 30 mins long, and final one was 1:30 hrs back to back interviews. The interviewers were all friendly and very chill to talk with, but they asked sharp questions once in a while, so I recommend that you stay on your toes even when the conversation is going smooth.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were general behavioral questions but with emphasis on your communication skills: ex. tell me about a time you had to push your opinion to someone who disagrees with you   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Sent them my resume, then had brief phone screening, was contacted a couple of days later about a skype interview. took two hours (1 hour of behavior, 45 min case, 15 min questions). it was pretty standard. the case was an executive search case and didn't require math. people were friendly. second interview involved talking to about 4 different analysts and they got to ask various questions.

Interview Questions

• whats been a valuable experience?
      why egon zehnder?
      what experiences qualify you for this?
      Answer Question