Egon Zehnder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Interviews at Egon Zehnder

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

P e r so n ab le a nd t h o ro ug h. I had a good time intervwing, very nice, 2 phone calls and thena skycke confernce call with may peop,e form the company

Intern Interview

Interview

First step is application with resume, cover letter, and transcript. Second step is a conversational phone interview of about thirty minutes in length, covering the resume and some conversational questions. The third step is the in-person interview, of 90 minutes in length. 45 of those minutes are devoted to a case interview concerning an actual executive search and where/at who you might look for the position. The other 45 minutes are another conversational interview - they want as many people as possible to meet and get a read on you.

Interview Questions

• The case interview is not the kind studied for using Case in Point - it is an actual executive search.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA).

Interview

30 min phone interview followed by in person case study

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a summer internship with Egon Zehnder. Overall, the process is very smooth. First round is a phone interview reviewing your past work experiences, asking why you are interested in the firm, and a few behavioral questions. Second round is an in-office interview with two components: a case study and another behavioral interview (same questions as the phone conversation). The case study may require some out of the box thinking, especially for those without an executive search background. However, they are looking more for your thought process and critical thinking skills than your specific answers. After the second round I got a phone call a couple of weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about placing a regional CFO for Avon in North America?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you worked on a project from start to finish.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Applied through university, had one phone interview and then went for an in-person interview. Two back to back interviews. The first in-person was one on one behavioral. Mainly about my resume. The second one was a case study with two new people in the room. The case study involved me finding a new CMO for a newspaper company.

Intern Interview

Interview

it was fun overall . The consultants were friendly and obviously focused on your past experiences. Be sure to know what you have learned from each experience . Got a good vibe from the company

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

1 phone screen, 1 onsite interview, 1 phone interview with the specific office i was recruiting for. The whole process probably took about 3 weeks, and was pretty smooth. Really nice people, and almost everyone I talked to was an alumn from my school. They don't have a separate recruiting team - they do all the recruiting themselves which is really nice.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen - background and resumé questions
      On-campus interview - 30 mins of background and resumé questions, 30 min case study. The case is not too difficult and usually involves walking through the search process (ie, they give you a search -- "we have been hired to look for a new Chief Marketing Officer at X company. How would you go about this search?) The idea is to be as structured as possible in your response, justify your assumptions, and communicate well with the interviewer.

Office-specific phone interview - they just asked some background questions, and why I was specifically interested in that office.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. They replied about 2 weeks later and I had a phone screening. Asked basic questions about my background, skills, and interest in the company. The next step is an on-campus or in-office interview. You talk to at least 4 people total. They had a case interview that walked you through an executive search. After the interviews, I waited about 2 weeks until I heard.

Interview Questions

• You are searching for a CFO for a specific company. What should you do?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited on campus. The first interview was at the office and the final round was via phone. The interview was pretty standard but the phone interviewer was incredibly rude. The questions were very similar to the first round and therefore my answers were very similar. The first lady who interviewed me was professional but the second round interviewer kept saying things like "how weird" or "that's strange" to all my answers. The interview definitely left me not feeling very good about the firm.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening, in person case interview

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of profit and loss statements   1 Answer

While the company is great and the people are fantastic, not many people have heard of Egon Zehnder and I needed a bigger name on my resume