Electro-Motive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electro-Motive Interview Questions

2.7

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Electro-Motive (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, Basic call and asking a few simple questions based of coursework. the interviewer said that I should expect the call next week and it meant that i was automatically selected for this job. the HR lady mails you about the internship and than an engineering manager takes your phone group interview with his collegues. there are about 30 intern position at EMD. Good

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electro-Motive.

Interview

Was brought in for an open house visit, got a tour of the company and ended with a group meeting with managers from different groups. Asked basic questions and very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some of your extra-curricular activities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Electro-Motive.

Interview

I did not hear from the company for quite some time after first submitting my application. I was brought in and toured the plant, and met with some of the management. A few months later I had a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did chose to study mechanical engineering/ why did you want to be a mechanical engineer?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Grange, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electro-Motive (La Grange, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

One interveiw with all the managers. Asked basic customer service questions. What would you do given a scenario, etc, Explain your background. Fairly quick with the offer and was offered the postion the next day.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electro-Motive.

Interview

I got the interview through a staffing agency. First they make you watch a video about safety through the testing site. Then I interviewed with the hiring manager and the supervisor. The asked me about my technical experience. Then they walked me through the company showing how work was to be done, which took up most of the interview.

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Electro-Motive.

Interview

same as others general questions as of like any interview no surprise questions that cant be easily answered simple questions about your past history and and how would your supervisor rate u as a worker and what was hardest challenge you faced accomplishing at wor or at home

Negotiation

contact in twek period

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Grange, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Electro-Motive (La Grange, IL).

Interview

The interviews occurred years ago. It involved a single interview on campus, followed by multiple interviews during a subsequent "plant trip".

Negotiation

At the time, the offer seemed quite good; I took it and ran.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Electro-Motive.

Interview

Applied online, completed an email screening sent from HR, phone screening with Hiring Manager and Hiring Manager's Manager, and face to face interview with HR, Hiring Manager, Hiring Manager's Colleague, Hiring Manager's Manager.

Engine Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Grange, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Electro-Motive (La Grange, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Initially visited a booth at a career fair, then was invited to an open-house at the company. The open house included presentations from HR personnel about the company, plant tours given by various engineers, lunch, and a meet and greet time with managers and employees in different departments. It was a flexible time to go talk to different departments of interest, distribute resumes, get contacts, etc.

I was invited back for an interview for a full time position within a week of the open house. The interview was approximately 4 hours long. The first segment was an interview with an HR representative and consisted of a situational-based personality interview and a review of the salary and benefits being offered. I then interviewed one-on-one with three other engineers and managers. The interviews were very laid back and covered work experience and some technical topics.

Interview Questions

• The situational based interview was the most difficult portion for me as it was the only structured interview. It requires being able to self analyze and recall situations quickly. Definitely something to prepare for and practice before going for an interview! Situations include classes liking/disliking, working in teams, challenges, successes, failures. Specifics of situations are necessary, including background and outcomes. The descriptions need to be kept thorough, yet succinct, as there is not much time given for this portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McCook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Electro-Motive (McCook, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

You just apply online. They called me within about a week for an interview. I met with the supervisor. She asked me about my work experience and how comfortable i am working in a factory with heavy and dangerous tool. Was offered the job later that day.