Elie Tahari Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Pattern Maker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elie Tahari (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online and HR called me. We had a brief conversation. I was actually brought in to interview for a position in the ASL office that I didn't apply for but it ended up working out for the best. I applied for a design position but was brought in for an entry level pattern maker position. I was desperate for a job and I had experience in pattern making so I did not mind. I don't think the head pattern maker knew I was coming in for an interview but the VP of production was prepared to meet me. She was very kind and basically gave me the run down of how the production department worked.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had any experience pattern making.   1 Answer

Visual Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Elie Tahari (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was called in for an interview within two weeks. I then interviewed with Elie himself the same week. I was given a job offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Elie Tahari? Why do you want to work for Elie Tahari? Give me examples of your leadership when working with challenging people?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elie Tahari (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very straightforward. I came into the office; was greeted by the receptionist warmly. I waited to be attended by the interviewer. The people seemed friendly and warm, and the office had a sophisticated ambience to it. I felt comfortable around my interviewers; I was interviewed by the a gentleman, and then later a lady. They were laid-back and nice. I had a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest thing you have learned in your education?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elie Tahari (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty quick, but that's standard for an internship in production/design. Met with a coworker for most of the interview, very briefly the director of my division. I was asked to show my portfolio, how soon I'd be graduating, and how often I could come in.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elie Tahari.

Interview

Interview was very brief and relaxed. They mostly asked questions about my resume and experience. I interviewed in the winter, hoping for a summer internship, but they ultimately decided that they needed immediate help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Elie Tahari (New York, NY).

Interview

very basic and expected questions throughout the entire process. First interview was a phone interview, conversational. Second interview was on-site to meet with the merchandising team. Average overall experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your interests and how they apply to this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Elie Tahari (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through school career site and heard back a week later; phone interview with HR intern; asked to come in to meet with the team and the president; submitted a paper; offered position a few weeks later

Interview Questions

• None; all were expected (ex: why do you want to intern at Elie Tahari? prior experience and resume walk through)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elie Tahari.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to schedule an in-person interview shortly after. The interview went well, and was asked mostly about my interests. All email interaction went through HR department, but the 1:1 interview was with my future manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to deal with the sometimes stressful environment of the fashion industry?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elie Tahari in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online through Style Careers. I applied and within a few weeks was contacted by someone from HR through email. This same person called me at a time convenient for me for a phone screening interview, and after a few days she emailed me and said the department head wanted to contact me and talk to me. The department head called me and after a ten minute phone conversation, she emailed me and offered me the position.
    The girl from HR was very helpful the entire process, continuously answered any questions I had through email up until I was to start my internship.

Interview Questions

• There really was not a difficult question, it was a very general interview that was no different than any other interview I had ever done.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

at least 3 interviews. Long waiting process, finally meet Mr. Tahari and senior designers. Many phone interviews, but very short. Elie Tahari is very busy, Tahari is not that busy.