Empire Today Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

1.7

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Empire Today (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was called for what should have been a phone screen, only asked if I was still interested & my acceptable pay range. I was then asked about an interview for the the very next day, I let her know I was not available until Friday, I could however have a Skype or FaceTime interview with her. She said "it's not that serious" we can do a phone interview tomorrow 8:30am. Never sent a phone interview confirmation email either, which was bad because later after I'd talked with her a appointment cancelled & I could have made an in person interview the next day.

Never called,no email nothing. Very disrespectful of my time & now I wouldn't even consider them as a serious employer due to her unprofessional attitude & conduct.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northlake, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Empire Today (Northlake, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted directly from the recruiter via Indeed, phone screen with him and did an interview with the manager and admin specialist- both were cool and easy Interview . I enjoyed the lighting round questions - maybe that was the behavioral questions as stated that I would be asked?
    Location was eh for me especially when trucks are backing up or about to when you try to enter only to have to turn around to convenience them to get into the tight one way parking lot. Receptionist wasn't exactly enthusiastic or as professional , but was decent. I already didn't want the job once I got to the parking lot when I arrived , but decided to go do the interview anyways which ended up being an easy going one. But never received a courtesy notice that I wasn't selected for the position , as like other companies nowadays even after you had to get out of work early and hike a commute to it.

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume, likes and dislikes, etc . Not any nonsense to see what you can come up with   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Empire Today (New York, NY).

Interview

Very good. Paid expenses to have a face to face interview out of state. Interview was professional and set excellent expectations for the role. Was able to meet future counter parts. Was sure it was the right fit for both parties.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with others from different backgrounds?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Empire Today (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

fun and exciting interview. The Empire Today LLC in Charlotte is a great environment when I walked in the door. The manager asked questions that related to the industry I was already in , and then was able to spin my past experiences as advantage for this industry. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from the recruiter nor the Manager. The interview went very well and I am kind of surprised not to hear back .

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northlake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Empire Today (Northlake, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruitment manager via email to come onsite the next week for an interview. I met with the recruitment manager and supervisor, after that I met with two other members of the team the hr coordinator and another recruiter. I thought the interview went well and was told I would hear from them within the next week. As a common courtesy I sent a thank you email to both the supervisor and manager and never heard back from them. A month later you would think they would have had the decency and intelligence to at least respond back to the email and say thank you for your time but we decided to go in another direction with the position but I received no feeback what so ever. I feel this was very rude and unprofessional of both the recruitment manager and supervisor.

Also all of there recruiters are hired as contractors they do not hire on a perm basis when you first come on board. Pay scale seems to be low for contractors as well.

Interview Questions

• Just standard, why are you looking to leave your current role, tell me about your experience this kind of questions.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valrico, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Empire Today (Valrico, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by HR originally and called in for a face to face interview. The Regional Manager (Mr. Meehan)was a experienced guy and he asked the right questions. He seemed like someone I'd enjoy working with. Then.... I was brought to a second interview with a female (can't remember her name). She made it very clear she's from NY City and she's important. During the interview she was checking her phone, texting and answered two phone calls during the interview. She kept telling me how busy she is and how she's traveling all over setting up new branches in JC Penney.... Needless to say it was the most unprofessional interview I've ever witnessed. Ultra aggressive attitude and a bad listener. Exactly who I DONT want to work for.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Empire Today.

Interview

The interview wasn't the bad part- it was how they handled everything after the fact. There were about 4 HR representatives reaching out to me at a time all saying different things. One HR lady reached out to me and said they'd like to place me somewhere after my interview, but then never got back to me and that they decided to move in another direction. Weeks later, ANOTHER HR representative Reached out to me about another position and had no idea that I had already interviewed there. Their HR department is incredibly unorganized and unprofessional. The whole experience was just weird. I even had a rep add me on facebook.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Empire Today (Delray Beach, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Played phone tag for a while. The interviewer was friendly, low key and seemed honest and direct and this is important since it is a commission only position. The interviewer was very congenial, forthright. We spoke for about one half hour. I asked him many questions and discovered they had 2 weeks of paid training. They pay $300. per week. Also 2 weeks of a small stipend to start. He described the commission structure. Actually I interviewed him! I don't mind working commission if the product I am selling is good and the company is sound. I like the fact that there is hardly no going into the office (once a week, half day) I like the freedom and I am going to give it a try. However I am disturbed by the many negative consumer reviews. This job offers great flexibility. I will judge for myself

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions regarding my resume, my business, and what I had previously done in sales.   1 Answer

Spc Level One Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Empire Today (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

3 Phone interview, they asked what I wanted money wise, I told them a number in the middle of their range, 2 days later they sent me an offer with exactly what I asked for.

Junior Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northlake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Empire Today (Northlake, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter two days later. Had a phone interview with the recruiter who said she would get back to me in 1-2 days. I had to reach out as I had heard nothing after 2 days. Phone screening with the manager who seemed excited about an inperson interview. The in person screening consisted of 1. a timed logic test. 2. A 3 person panel interview and 3. a rapid fire personality quiz. Neither test you can really prepare for. The interview panel seemed incredibly hostile. They attacked me for interviewing for the position and wanting to leave my current role which I thought was odd. It was clear that they had not read my resume before being there, were not briefed by the recruiter on what the job I had applied to was, and seemed to want to put me in my place before even working there. Following the interview I was asked by the recruiter for 3 professional references. They never reached out to the references.

Interview Questions

• At what point would you say someone is qualified to be promoted into the next position?   1 Answer