Empire Today Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Empire Today Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2018

1.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Empire Today.

Interview

Very professional and well executed interviewing process. They are extremely informative and helpful. They ask the right questions and are thorough but don't force you to feel uncomfortable. I was fortunate enough to get an offer and have accepted. I look forward to what lies ahead.

Interview Questions

• If I had reliable transportation. If I was willing to attend a two week training class in Nashville. And if I was disciplined enough to be in control of my own earnings and potential within the company.   1 Answer

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Empire Today.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with the recruiter, the next step was a live interview with the hiring manager and a director. I found the process to be very professional and engaging. Overall I found the experience very positive and I was impressed with the company and their leadership.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions that was asked that I found amusing was if I knew the Empire jingle.   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Empire Today (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was called for what should have been a phone screen, only asked if I was still interested & my acceptable pay range. I was then asked about an interview for the the very next day, I let her know I was not available until Friday, I could however have a Skype or FaceTime interview with her. She said "it's not that serious" we can do a phone interview tomorrow 8:30am. Never sent a phone interview confirmation email either, which was bad because later after I'd talked with her a appointment cancelled & I could have made an in person interview the next day.

Never called,no email nothing. Very disrespectful of my time & now I wouldn't even consider them as a serious employer due to her unprofessional attitude & conduct.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northlake, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Empire Today (Northlake, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted directly from the recruiter via Indeed, phone screen with him and did an interview with the manager and admin specialist- both were cool and easy Interview . I enjoyed the lighting round questions - maybe that was the behavioral questions as stated that I would be asked?
    Location was eh for me especially when trucks are backing up or about to when you try to enter only to have to turn around to convenience them to get into the tight one way parking lot. Receptionist wasn't exactly enthusiastic or as professional , but was decent. I already didn't want the job once I got to the parking lot when I arrived , but decided to go do the interview anyways which ended up being an easy going one. But never received a courtesy notice that I wasn't selected for the position , as like other companies nowadays even after you had to get out of work early and hike a commute to it.

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume, likes and dislikes, etc . Not any nonsense to see what you can come up with   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Empire Today (New York, NY).

Interview

Very good. Paid expenses to have a face to face interview out of state. Interview was professional and set excellent expectations for the role. Was able to meet future counter parts. Was sure it was the right fit for both parties.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with others from different backgrounds?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Empire Today (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I went to a job fair and met this new manager/recruiter who brag about the money and ease of working for Empire. I did ask him questions and he was telling me to just come in and start the class on the following Monday. There was no real interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem going into homes to sale?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Empire Today (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

fun and exciting interview. The Empire Today LLC in Charlotte is a great environment when I walked in the door. The manager asked questions that related to the industry I was already in , and then was able to spin my past experiences as advantage for this industry. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from the recruiter nor the Manager. The interview went very well and I am kind of surprised not to hear back .

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northlake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Empire Today (Northlake, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruitment manager via email to come onsite the next week for an interview. I met with the recruitment manager and supervisor, after that I met with two other members of the team the hr coordinator and another recruiter. I thought the interview went well and was told I would hear from them within the next week. As a common courtesy I sent a thank you email to both the supervisor and manager and never heard back from them. A month later you would think they would have had the decency and intelligence to at least respond back to the email and say thank you for your time but we decided to go in another direction with the position but I received no feeback what so ever. I feel this was very rude and unprofessional of both the recruitment manager and supervisor.

Also all of there recruiters are hired as contractors they do not hire on a perm basis when you first come on board. Pay scale seems to be low for contractors as well.

Interview Questions

• Just standard, why are you looking to leave your current role, tell me about your experience this kind of questions.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valrico, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Empire Today (Valrico, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by HR originally and called in for a face to face interview. The Regional Manager (Mr. Meehan)was a experienced guy and he asked the right questions. He seemed like someone I'd enjoy working with. Then.... I was brought to a second interview with a female (can't remember her name). She made it very clear she's from NY City and she's important. During the interview she was checking her phone, texting and answered two phone calls during the interview. She kept telling me how busy she is and how she's traveling all over setting up new branches in JC Penney.... Needless to say it was the most unprofessional interview I've ever witnessed. Ultra aggressive attitude and a bad listener. Exactly who I DONT want to work for.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Empire Today.

Interview

The interview wasn't the bad part- it was how they handled everything after the fact. There were about 4 HR representatives reaching out to me at a time all saying different things. One HR lady reached out to me and said they'd like to place me somewhere after my interview, but then never got back to me and that they decided to move in another direction. Weeks later, ANOTHER HR representative Reached out to me about another position and had no idea that I had already interviewed there. Their HR department is incredibly unorganized and unprofessional. The whole experience was just weird. I even had a rep add me on facebook.