Empire Today Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Empire Today (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview. Standard questions regarding experience and comfort with outside, commission only sales. Details were given regarding the work schedule and the in-person interview as well as requirements for the job including training. The in-person interview was pleasant and pretty easy with the work and training schedule, compensation plan, and need for a LLC covered.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with commission only sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Empire Today (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

1:1 with manager. The company has massive turn over and will hire largely anyone on the presumption of "churn and burn". If you can pass a background screen and drug test and graduated high school you should be good to go largely. It's a numbers game to them.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northlake, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Empire Today (Northlake, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted directly from the recruiter via Indeed, phone screen with him and did an interview with the manager and admin specialist- both were cool and easy Interview . I enjoyed the lighting round questions - maybe that was the behavioral questions as stated that I would be asked?
    Location was eh for me especially when trucks are backing up or about to when you try to enter only to have to turn around to convenience them to get into the tight one way parking lot. Receptionist wasn't exactly enthusiastic or as professional , but was decent. I already didn't want the job once I got to the parking lot when I arrived , but decided to go do the interview anyways which ended up being an easy going one. But never received a courtesy notice that I wasn't selected for the position , as like other companies nowadays even after you had to get out of work early and hike a commute to it.

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume, likes and dislikes, etc . Not any nonsense to see what you can come up with   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Empire Today.

Interview

Pretty easy. Got a voice mail asking to schedule a time for a phone interview. On the phone interview asked: what you know about Empire Carpet; reviewed the job description and my resume; point-blanked, asked my salary history (ouch); gave a chance for me to ask any questions about the position.

After the phone interview, asked if I'd be willing to do a take home project where I had to redesign the company's website header and footer in the next day or two.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Empire Today (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was called for what should have been a phone screen, only asked if I was still interested & my acceptable pay range. I was then asked about an interview for the the very next day, I let her know I was not available until Friday, I could however have a Skype or FaceTime interview with her. She said "it's not that serious" we can do a phone interview tomorrow 8:30am. Never sent a phone interview confirmation email either, which was bad because later after I'd talked with her a appointment cancelled & I could have made an in person interview the next day.

Never called,no email nothing. Very disrespectful of my time & now I wouldn't even consider them as a serious employer due to her unprofessional attitude & conduct.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Empire Today (New York, NY).

Interview

Very good. Paid expenses to have a face to face interview out of state. Interview was professional and set excellent expectations for the role. Was able to meet future counter parts. Was sure it was the right fit for both parties.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with others from different backgrounds?   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Empire Today.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with the recruiter, the next step was a live interview with the hiring manager and a director. I found the process to be very professional and engaging. Overall I found the experience very positive and I was impressed with the company and their leadership.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions that was asked that I found amusing was if I knew the Empire jingle.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Empire Today (New York, NY).

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone screening. I set the date and time. They agreed. After screening they set up an interview for two days after. I was schedule to meet with the hiring personnel but on arrival I was brought to a conference room and met with the Branch Manager and the hiring manager.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northlake, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Empire Today (Northlake, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a face to face interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager and Supervisor. I described myself and was asked questions and given time to ask my questions.

Interview Questions

• What was my average open requisition count in my last position?   1 Answer

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Empire Today (Boston, MA).

Interview

apply online and received a call next day, 10 minus phone interview, easy!!!!

salary too low