Encore Capital Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Encore Capital Group Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter over the phone. She set up a phone interview and did not call me at the scheduled time. Then she would call me 2 months later as though nothing had happened and set up another. This happened 3 times total. ...we never actually made it to the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Encore Capital Group (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1st Round: General HR screening and behavioral/fit questions. The recruiter asked me about my background, my interest in the company and what kind of salary I was looking for.
    2nd Round: Business Case about profitability with a different person. See Questions

Interview Questions

• 1) There is coffee bagel located on an university campus. The profits went down but the revenues went up. What do you think happened?
      2) The prices and costs of the bagels and coffee were given as well as the revenues in month 1 and 2. Calculate the profits in month 1 and 2.
      Answer Question

Process Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Encore Capital Group in April 2017.

Interview

Very poor communication from recruiter, really unprofessional and unresponsive! Emailed me about my availability, no response, asked me to pick a slot after I emailed them, No Response again, Didn't call me on the time slot I picked, No replies to the emails. Please be respectful about the time of the candidates you interview.

Application

Interview

It was phone Interview. Behavioral questions & Screening process to check your background. He asked me about why i wanted to join in Encore and salary expectation.
    Business case part, math problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Encore Capital Group (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

There were 3 steps to the interview process. The first was a preliminary phone screening, which was very quick and I was asked about my interest in the role and company. The second was another phone call that included a case question. The third was the on site, where I met with four different people. I was supposed to do 2 case questions, but one interviewer didn't show up so I was only given one. I was also told that I was going to have lunch with them, but I was given my lunch and sent on my way. If you're preparing for an interview, make sure you are very familiar and quick with basic math operations, understand cost/revenue/breakeven analysis, and come in with a clear and relaxed mind to solve the logic puzzle.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions, questions about interest in the role and company and what you studied in college, logic puzzle, case question   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Encore Capital Group.

Interview

Phone Interview. Ask about my past experience and expected salary. This phone interview may be just to set up a business case interview time. They actually delay my business case interview(also by phone) because of a scheduling thing with my interviewee.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Encore Capital Group in March 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview. They asked about my current position and salary. They asked about why I wanted to join Encore. They asked about my current salary, which I was not expecting on the first interview. It was short, and the next step is a Business Case Interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Encore Capital Group (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first round of interview is through phone and it is just a screening process to check your background and ask you about the salary expectation. The second round is also through phone, and they will spend some time going over your resume again and ask you for a case (with simple math problem). The third round will be on-site interview with managers and the questions are case-based questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your salary expectation in the first round   Answer Question

Operation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Encore Capital Group in March 2017.

Interview

applied through college and i got first contacted by hr to schedule a background check phone call and after that i speak to the someone in charge of analyst department and the interview is pretty easy but i am not sure what is their standards to choose candicate

Interview Questions

• its about a coffee shop that sells the coffee and bagel   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Encore Capital Group.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, phone-interview interview, on-site with several managers, phone call to follow-up. Case study, resume walk-through, technical discussion of statistical skills, general interests/demeanor evaluation. Approximately 3 months between first interview and eventual offer.