Endress+Hauser Gruppe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Endress+Hauser Gruppe Interview Questions

Interviews at Endress+Hauser Gruppe

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe in January 2008.

Interview

They seem to hire exclusively through Amtec, a recruiting firm, or by personal referral.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard interview. They went through your resume, and asked about your experience, and a few personality type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the end of the interview, the General Manager would ask you what you expected for a salary. I considered that a loaded question because if you answer too low, you screwed yourself, and if you answer too high you talked yourself out of a job.

I left the negotiation with my recruiter from Amtec. I went back and forth with my recruiter, but eventually landed an offer.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Greenwood, IN) in January 2012.

Interview

Pros: The company site looks new, clean, and a nice place to work.
    The interviewers were very friendly, patient, listening, and curious of my diverse background.
    Professional communication and interview
    Professional job rejection notice

Cons:
    Would have preferred a phone screen interview with the hiring manager first. I drove an hour there and then an hour home for an interview that should that have happened. I blame this partly on myself for not requesting a phone screen first. I was hoping to get a tour of the facility, which did not happen.

Advice to HR: Ask hiring manager to phone screen candidates first.
    The job description had a lot of different skills required but they were preferring a C++ expert developer. The job title and description should have been adjusted accordingly.

Skills test on C++ object orientated programming during the interview: OK if you are an expert developer and been warmed up to programming the language in the past 6 months. Code test was very academia, spaghetti code, poorly written, not documented, and hard to read and decipher under pressure of an interview (if you're not fresh with it).

Code tests are OK for on-site interviews but if I knew this was going to be 90% job responsibility, I would have not came to interview.Again, please be courteous to applicants and phone screen before on-site screen.

Interview Questions

• What is wrong with this code?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Brea, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

This was one of the longest interview processes I have been through to date.
    The first interview was with HR over the phone and lasted almost an hour. Typical HR interview type of questions. It went well so I was set up for a phone interview with the hiring manager.
    The phone interview with the hiring manager was a little less pleasant. He immediately asked me why I was interested in the job as it was a step down from my previous role. I told him that I was interested in getting back to engineering because my passion is putting my engineering skills to use by helping people choose the right products for their application. He seemed to loosen up a bit after that and we spent about 1/2 an hour chatting about my technical background. He invited me for an onsite interview.
    The onsite interview lasted about 2 hours. I spoke with the hiring manager and his boss that is in another state. We went through the different products and he put me in a bunch of role playing situations.
    I thought the interview process was finally done but then I was told that I needed to take a personality test which took another hour or so to complete online.
    HR finally closed the loop with me almost 2 months later to let me know I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Since you don't really have technical experience with our product line how would you apply your scientific background to solving real world problems in our industry?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I had 2 in-person interviews and 1 phone interview. I met with a total of 7 different people from different levels of management and the sales team. The interview process has since change since management has changed over 4 times in the past 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with sales?   1 Answer

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2018.

Interview

Only made it to the phone interview. It was a bunch of typical HR questions. These types of questions about yourself suck and usually are just fabricated goobilygop people make up because they know these questions are coming. Nothing against E&H, it is more the process I dislike.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how your past experiences will make you a super Saiyan for this position   1 Answer

Rotational Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Greenwood, IN) in September 2018.

Interview

I had applied online and was reached out by a recruiter 1-2 weeks later asking me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very casual and focused on resume and past experience. There was a lot of emphasis on my customer service experience as it's a big part of this position. Few days later, I was asked to record a 2 minute video of myself explaining why I was interested in a career at E+H and what makes me stand out of other candidates. In addition to this, I was asked to take a personality test.

Few weeks later, the HR reached out to schedule an on-site interview which was to last the entire day. Started off with a campus tour and 30 minute meeting with the program manager. Later, had two 1-hour panel interviews. One with manager and Inside Sales Engineering manager. Other with former rotational engineers and HR. Followed by lunch and job shadow with current Technical Support Engineer and Inside Sales Engineer.

Overall, it was a very relax experience considering this is a recent graduate position. I was not asked any technical question. It was well organized and everyone talked highly about E+H. I was made an offer 2-3 weeks later.

Tips:
    1. If you have customer service experience, you should talk more about it.
    2. Research about the company and some of the product lines they offer.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about a career at Endress+Hauser?   Answer Question
    • What is the hardest part of customer service/sales?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Cape Town (South Africa)).

Interview

Interesting and thoughtful. It was a little long but the content kept you on your feet figuratively speaking. I would consider applying to more position at this company if the application does not work out. The environment seems to be a good work environment.

Interview Questions

• If you have a upset customer what is the best approach to take on a phone call?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe.

Interview

Two round interviews

Negotiation

Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Khobar (Saudi Arabia)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was looking for a new job, and I passed on the office of E+H, they were looking for a new employee and I got the job, first I got interviewed by the the general manager we had a nice chat then he sent me to a technical evaluation with the internal sales manager, after few days i got a call for a personal meeting, after two days I got the offer

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Mumbai (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

3 interviews, one with the Sales Manager, second with Regional Manager and third with MD. All were tech plus behavioral. All the rounds were easy, not too tough. All the best. Great company to work for.