Endress+Hauser Gruppe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

3.2

Inside Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Brea, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

This was one of the longest interview processes I have been through to date.
    The first interview was with HR over the phone and lasted almost an hour. Typical HR interview type of questions. It went well so I was set up for a phone interview with the hiring manager.
    The phone interview with the hiring manager was a little less pleasant. He immediately asked me why I was interested in the job as it was a step down from my previous role. I told him that I was interested in getting back to engineering because my passion is putting my engineering skills to use by helping people choose the right products for their application. He seemed to loosen up a bit after that and we spent about 1/2 an hour chatting about my technical background. He invited me for an onsite interview.
    The onsite interview lasted about 2 hours. I spoke with the hiring manager and his boss that is in another state. We went through the different products and he put me in a bunch of role playing situations.
    I thought the interview process was finally done but then I was told that I needed to take a personality test which took another hour or so to complete online.
    HR finally closed the loop with me almost 2 months later to let me know I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Since you don't really have technical experience with our product line how would you apply your scientific background to solving real world problems in our industry?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I had 2 in-person interviews and 1 phone interview. I met with a total of 7 different people from different levels of management and the sales team. The interview process has since change since management has changed over 4 times in the past 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with sales?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Greenwood, IN) in January 2012.

Interview

Pros: The company site looks new, clean, and a nice place to work.
    The interviewers were very friendly, patient, listening, and curious of my diverse background.
    Professional communication and interview
    Professional job rejection notice

Cons:
    Would have preferred a phone screen interview with the hiring manager first. I drove an hour there and then an hour home for an interview that should that have happened. I blame this partly on myself for not requesting a phone screen first. I was hoping to get a tour of the facility, which did not happen.

Advice to HR: Ask hiring manager to phone screen candidates first.
    The job description had a lot of different skills required but they were preferring a C++ expert developer. The job title and description should have been adjusted accordingly.

Skills test on C++ object orientated programming during the interview: OK if you are an expert developer and been warmed up to programming the language in the past 6 months. Code test was very academia, spaghetti code, poorly written, not documented, and hard to read and decipher under pressure of an interview (if you're not fresh with it).

Code tests are OK for on-site interviews but if I knew this was going to be 90% job responsibility, I would have not came to interview.Again, please be courteous to applicants and phone screen before on-site screen.

Interview Questions

• What is wrong with this code?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe in January 2008.

Interview

They seem to hire exclusively through Amtec, a recruiting firm, or by personal referral.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard interview. They went through your resume, and asked about your experience, and a few personality type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the end of the interview, the General Manager would ask you what you expected for a salary. I considered that a loaded question because if you answer too low, you screwed yourself, and if you answer too high you talked yourself out of a job.

I left the negotiation with my recruiter from Amtec. I went back and forth with my recruiter, but eventually landed an offer.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurangabad, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Aurangabad, Maharashtra (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

the process includes technical aptitude , technical interview and hr interview. all process conducted in the company premises. aptitude was a written test having MCQs on technical base. In tech interview they ask about the projects and basic mechanical concepts. HR interview was having general question like hobbies , goal and presence of mind.

Outside Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Cape Town (South Africa)).

Interview

Interesting and thoughtful. It was a little long but the content kept you on your feet figuratively speaking. I would consider applying to more position at this company if the application does not work out. The environment seems to be a good work environment.

Interview Questions

• If you have a upset customer what is the best approach to take on a phone call?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I Got a phone call with HR called earlier to schedule a more professional interview but did not hear back from the HR recruiter after the second interview. They seemed like a good company to work for gruelling questions for almost an hour on situational and behavioural interview questions. Overall the process was okay.

Interview Questions

• Seemed to focus more on my project management certificate instead of the actual position of administration   Answer Question

Java Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe in January 2015.

Interview

An old style interview process with some basic and medium level questions about Java. They try to check your code skils, logic skils and requirements gatering. A good tester knowlege is required too for the test.

Proposal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe (Mumbai (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

Technical Questionaire, PI, Why are you leaving previous organization.
    reasons for joining this organization
    When where u last interviewed , by which company.
    how many years of experience do you have.

Tell me about yourself

Interview Questions

• Flow of CNG, how is it measured, units, Application in industry, Radar, Enraf Level Gauges.

Coriolis meter, Ultrasonic meter   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Endress+Hauser Gruppe.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, conference call with two of their HR Coordinators. They seemed tired, disinterested and sarcastic, going through the motions. The questions were asked as if by rote, and one of the interviewers admitted that she didn't even have my resume in front of her.

They were very clear that they were looking to hire and develop talent, however this did really not come across in the way they conducted themselves. Perhaps they had already selected the next round of candidates, I don't know...