Engine Yard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Engine Yard Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Engine Yard

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Engine Yard (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

White board programming puzzle exercise. Asked to analyze code and say ways to improve it. The interview was fine, but the company had an odd vibe. No one had worked there long. Felt lonely.

Interview Questions

• How to solve a programming issues with only two or three commands available.   1 Answer

Director of Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Engine Yard.

Interview

Received a call from someone with title "Head of Human Resources", certified in PHR (checked her LinkedIn profile). She setup a call with me to go over the some high level stuff. She said she will get back to me.

3 weeks passed and no news. I did follow up with her, but went nowhere.

I am sure she is not calling hundreds of candidate, only a few of them. She should at least respond on whether they want to move to the next step or not.

If this comes from the HEAD OF HR, I don't want to work with this company.

PS: Based on my research, the VP of Security AND the Director of Security left in the last 12 months. Not a good sign..

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Engine Yard.

Interview

It was a very long interview process, however the interviewers did not seem as engaged as I expected. It seems like they're still formulating their ideas of what the company needs in order to grow best

Interview Questions

• How would you figure out how many gas stations are in the San Francisco Bay Area?   Answer Question