Ensighten Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ensighten

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ensighten (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

After giving out my resume at the career fair I had a 30 min phone interview the following week. There were a mix of technical and behavioral questions like any typical phone interview. Later that day, I got an invite for a series of 30 min onsite interviews with one of them being a director. The technical interviews were okay in terms of questions but there just wasn't enough time to cover all of them. If they had that many questions to ask they should have made it 45 min interviews. For example, in one interview I was asked a linked list question, a tree traversal, an sql query, a brain teaser and regular "tell me about yourself" and "what are you interested in doing" questions. Everything was fast paced and there wasn't much time to think and address one particular problem in depth. I felt the pressure and could not think straight on one of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• PHONE INTERVIEW: tell me about yourself/projects you have done etc, difference between array and linked list, difference between stack and queue with examples, how to find shortest path in a graph, OOP concepts   1 Answer
    • ONSITE #2: 1)if you have an employee table with IDs, write a query that captures all employee names with duplicates. One name should not appear twice in the table. This is a self join question.
      2) Check if a linked list is circular. Write pseudocode.
      3) What is the angle between hour and minute hand on the clock when the time is 3:15? answer is 7.5 degrees
      4) You have 3 baskets, one with apples, one with oranges and one with both apples and oranges mixed. Each basket is closed and is labeled with ‘Apples’, ‘Oranges’ and ‘Apples and Oranges’. However, each of these labels is always placed incorrectly. How would you pick only one fruit from a basket to place the labels correctly on all the baskets? there are so many answers to this online so I will let you guys search online
      5) How do you traverse through a tree? review BFS and DFS   1 Answer
    • ONSITE #4: this was with a director and was fully behavioral. You just talk about yourself, your interests and goals etc. Just participate in the conversation and keep nodding to whatever he is blabbering and you will be fine. Make sure to ask a lot of questions!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ensighten (San Jose, CA).

Interview

2 Phone screens, a video chat, an online coding test, then an in person interview. The interview process was disjointed, and took longer than necessary. Several days-long delays in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you disagreed with your boss, and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ensighten (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied thru linkedin. Got an email from HR and setup a time to talk. Talked about the role and my experience. Set up a call for a technical screen. Got the call and discussed about technologies and dev. methodologies, was asked for a coderpad question. Interviewer was polite and meticulous; re-traced the solution implemented and asked to explain the code. Did not hear back since.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ensighten in July 2015.

Interview

After submitting program task (which was finding shortest common substring), I got technical phone interview for 45 minute. It was 15 minute for each question. I feel like new entry level person might solve such question within given time, since they are all the time ready for such questions. No architectural question or any advanced topic ( something like make service high available or scaleable) or any other trouble shooting question.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ensighten in April 2019.

Interview

The hiring process is having recruiter discuss with you the opportunity then interviewing with the CRO over the phone a couple of times then calls with with COO & CEO to get the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What kind of culture are you looking for?   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ensighten in August 2014.

Interview

The majority of work was done with a third party hiring agency. Communication was professional but rushed or delayed. I was unsure all of the information I provided the hiring agency was relayed to the hiring manager. This company is in an exciting stage of growth and the energy is palpable. Be prepared to hit the ground running.

Interview Questions

• Regarding my ability to take on additional projects as they came up. Job posting and description of responsibilities was very broad and not well defined.   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Interview

Series of phone calls. They are very nice but will ultimately waste your time telling you you're the perfect fit just to keep you open as an option. Unless you're able to speak directly to the hiring manager, don't waste your time because the process here is not transparent, and unorganized to the point where you won't hear back.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ensighten.

Interview

There were two phone screens and then an onsite interview with 4 people. Lots of the questions are geared towards renewals as well as upsell ability. Being strategic with customers seemed important. Culture seems light and fun, just good people striving for Customer Success.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to go outside of your comfort zone to help a colleague or friend. What was the situation, what did you do specifically, and what was the result?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ensighten (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Phone screen, tech screen, on-site interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ensighten (Pitts, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through Jobvite and get an interview after three weeks. The recruiter made the schedule and called on time. At the very beginning she told me that she just wants to know why I choose this position and she will forward my resume to hiring manager. I suggest that send her a updated one and she said contact me later. However, I waited for an hour and no reply. I have to send another email to the recruiter to get updates. And immediately I got an automated email from the company, telling me that concerning my background there is no available opportunities!