Entelo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Entelo

2.9

Sort:

Community Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entelo.

Interview

Had initial phone screen with recruiter. At end of call, she said she would be following up by EOD. I received no follow up that day. In fact I had to wait over a week for a form rejection to be emailed by the generic no-reply@. No excuses for bad communication when your entire job is communication.

Nov 8, 2017 – Head of Recruiting

Thanks so much for the feedback, I am sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience. We pride ourselves on being transparent and you have a right to expect clear communication throughout the... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had two onsite interviews and a final phone interview with the CEO. The recruiter was very nice and helpful throughout the process. I brought and used my own laptop.

The first onsite was a collaborative pair programming exercise with one of their team members for about an hour. I received feedback within a day.

The second onsite was about 4 hours with five team members, lunch with the team, and the last few minutes with the recruiter. The interview with the team members consisted of pair programming, white boarding, and system design. I received feedback the same day and scheduled the final phone call for the following day.

The final phone call with the CEO was for about 30 minutes. Within a couple of hours, I received a phone call from the recruiter with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a React app that displays some information and has a search bar, how would you fetch the data, filter for the input, and display the information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

They had me come on-site for a "pair programming" challenge. It was really just an engineer watching me program for an hour then a half hour of him answering my questions. Nothing wrong with that, but it seems like it could have been done remotely with a screen-share. A couple of days after that I had a follow-up phone interview, and then they declined me.

Interview Questions

• Write a client-server chat app that can serve at least three clients with all messages delivered to all participants within five seconds. You can use internet references but need to finish in sixty minutes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Started off with a phone call with the recruiter - Amanda. She was very professional and communicative at every step of the interview process. The first on-site interview I had was a pair programming session. It is a very open and collaborative coding challenge. Overall I had a great experience with the people I interacted with. The company is growing and really cares about their culture. I can see why they have great Glassdoor reviews - keep it up!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Technical computer screen-share interview was a working session that was relevant to the job. This wasn't a logic problem meant to trick you, but to assess your coding and problem solving skills.

Subsequent on-site interviews with various team members were a great experience. Lots of focus on discussing the nature what I would do here and relevant work I'd done in the past. There weren't repeat questions and they were genuinely interested to know if I would enjoy the work and understood the responsibilities of the position I was applying for.

Final interview after this was with the CEO, which was a very open and transparent conversation focused on culture fit and answering any questions I had about the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous managers would describe you?   Answer Question

Senior Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Phone screen. Short initial onsite technical interview. Longer second onsite interview. Final onsite interview with senior company leadership.

The company has a positive vibe. Everyone I met with was friendly and enthusiastic about working for the company.

Interview Questions

• Practical hands on terminal test(s). "Open book", performed on a company provided Mac book.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entelo.

Interview

Only one other company I’ve ever applied to has sent a 2-3 hour assignment before allowing me the opportunity to have a phone call. Based on his brief interaction, it seems to me that Entelo is only concerned with what it can get from its employees, not what it can provide (a welcoming environment, career growth, etc.). I could *maybe* see this working for a company like Facebook or Google because they literally get thousands of applications per day. Expecting any number of candidates to do this work because screening resumes at a small or mid-size company is difficult is lop-sided, especially seeing as though the assignment was not technical. I did not do the assignment, and I hope they re-think this process. As I’ve told one recruiter, I think they’re missing out on other qualified candidates who might be passively looking and unwilling to put their valuable ideas down for a company that has not shown any commitment.

Interview Questions

• Given x information, write a spec to improve the product.   Answer Question

Jan 9, 2018 – Principal Product Manager

I'm the hiring manager for this role and I'd like to personally address your experience. We are deeply committed to providing a positive interaction with every candidate and I'm sorry to see we... More

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, heard from hiring manager a few weeks later who gave an assignment (create a spec for some features based on XYZ). Then 45 min phone interview with hiring manager followed by 3.5 hour on-site.

On-site: met with 6 people in 3.5 hours, some in pairs. Each gave an assignment or task, and had questions prepared. Everyone was very friendly, easy to talk to, and seemed great at what they do. But I thought some of the assignments were too vague and I felt there was not enough time for the main PM assignment to showcase one's skills. Not enough time for questions at the end. I was allotted less than 5 minutes per person to ask questions.

Did not move forward. The hiring manager did offer to provide feedback, but he ignored me when I asked for it.

My main red flag was this: Entelo is a company that constantly boasts about their diversity, and has won awards for their diversity in the past. I was interviewed by 6 men all in their 30s, 5 of whom were white. So maybe they have diversity, but not in management or senior positions, so does it really matter?

Also the office is surprising small and corporate feeling. A sad looking bean bag toss that's never been used occupies the lobby area, there are no good places to take a call, and not enough plants.

Interview Questions

• Create a product for job seekers.   Answer Question
    • Imagine you’re the PM for Zenefits and it doesn’t exist yet, how would you go about this?   Answer Question

Feb 21, 2018 – Principal Product Manager

As the hiring manager for this role, I genuinely appreciate the details you shared in this review. Feedback like this helps us refine our process and deliver a higher caliber candidate experience... More

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was referred by a friend. 1 phone screen with the recruiter, 1 phone interview with a hiring manager, 3 onsites (meet with sales leadership, presentation, and meet with CEO). Everyone was very professional and transparent during process. Questions were mostly behavioral and about past experience. Presentation was to test sales fundamentals and industry knowledge. Though the process was long, I appreciated that it was thorough and that the recruiter was responsive so I was never left in the dark about what was next.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entelo.

Interview

I applied on Angel List and I received a call for an initial screening the following day. After the phone screening I was asked to do a homework assignment. A day after I submitted my assignment, I was asked to come onsite.

When I came onsite I met with a SDR, a SDR manager, an AE, and an AE manager. After meeting with those guys on the sales team, I was invited again to come onsite to meet with the VP of Sales and the CEO.

The interview wasn't overly difficult but a little long. It was clear that the main thing Entelo wanted was culture fit and to make sure you're capable of doing the role. Everyone I interviewed with was smart and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why Entelo? Tell me what you know about our platform.   Answer Question

May 27, 2016 – VP Talent and Operations

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that your interviewers came across as smart and friendly. It's true that at Entelo we're looking for candidates who have the skills for the role and who will... More