Entelo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Entelo

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

These guys are a recruiting automation software company, they use their software to recruit people - I was initially reached out to (via the s/w) on behalf of the hiring manager. The process started out as fairly straightforward, phone screen with the hiring manager to determine fit and then scheduled for an onsite with team.

At the onsite spoke with hiring manager and a couple team members. Everything seemed to be a good fit as far as capabilities, experience and culture. I followed up immediately following interview with focused "thank you" email. Followed up (let's see - probably 3-4x over last several weeks) to get some kind of understanding of where I was in the process -- ZERO replies.

Here's my feedback, it's cool if you don't think I'm a fit or if there are delays or whatever; but, to be GHOSTED by a recruiting automation company? It just seems bush league and unprofessional. Great technology - maybe processes need more work though.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions for role, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was a very streamlined process. The hiring team was consistent with their communication and were very open to any questions during the application process. I completed a phone interview, onsite interview with the hiring team, onsite presentation, and virtual meeting with the executive team. By far, the most organized and positive interviewing experience I've had in the last 10 years.

Interview Questions

• I see you have a github account, what were you using the service for?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. At first had a phone screening then went into the office. The office interview process wasn't too bad. At first they have two SDR's come in and ask questions and talk to you. Then the SDR manager comes and meets with you one on one. After that the office managers meets with you. After that you talk on the phone with the CEO.

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

You first start with a phone interview. At this time they just want to have a conversation and get an understanding of why you're interested in Entelo. You are then asked to go into the office where you meet 4 separate employees. Everything about the interview process was professional. They asked great questions and held conversation to make sure you're comfortable the whole time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

They had me come on-site for a "pair programming" challenge. It was really just an engineer watching me program for an hour then a half hour of him answering my questions. Nothing wrong with that, but it seems like it could have been done remotely with a screen-share. A couple of days after that I had a follow-up phone interview, and then they declined me.

Interview Questions

• Write a client-server chat app that can serve at least three clients with all messages delivered to all participants within five seconds. You can use internet references but need to finish in sixty minutes.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

My recruiter left the company and arrangements weren’t made for a replacement. I wasn’t on the visitors list and when I tried contacting someone at the firm, I was directed to a sales exec who was based out of the east coast office. The interviews with the team were sort of dry. Ultimately the hiring manager responded TO MY THANK YOU NOTE saying I wasn’t a fit.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Entelo in February 2018.

Interview

I received an email from the hiring manager asking if I would be willing to talk to him about a Product Manager role. I agreed to take his call and after a 30 minute discussion he said that there would be an assignment before the next round of interviews. We emailed back and forth a few times and after receiving the assignment, I spent 2 hours putting together a spec and wireframes for a new feature on Entelo's product. I sent the hiring manager the links and resources to my completed assignment via email and heard nothing back. I followed up twice and still no response.

So I reached out to recruiting and offered some feedback on the negative experience I had during the hiring process but she too did not respond. I did however receive an interesting email from the hiring manager with recruiting copied on the email.

A few things in the email:

1. He tried to use the excuse that he did not have my correct email address in the ATS system.

The thing is, the ATS was never in the equation. All correspondence between myself and the hiring manager was direct email to email including the scheduling of our first call. He claimed that he had responded back but was "confused" when he did not hear back from me (love the attempt to flip the blame here). Even if this was true, the guy is a product manager. If he was "confused" then he would know to input my name into the search box in his email program and press enter. I even asked him what email address he had sent his response to but he did not answer the question.

2. He included a copy of the response he claimed he had sent back to my "incorrect" email address. The funny thing about this message is that it did not have a header or timestamp. This was just a block of text that could have easily been written after the fact to cover his mistake in front of recruiting or anyone else reading the fabricated paper trail.

3. There was no offer to reconcile the situation and continue the interview process. This simple gesture maybe would have given his excuse an ounce of authenticity. I would not have continued the process anyway and anyone with a bit of emotional intelligence would know this.

So I responded to this email challenging him on his explanation and copied a few others up the chain of command in HR and Product but did not hear from anyone else.

The sad part here is that this guy is interviewing people and representing the company but more importantly managing people. He can't even accept responsibility for his shortcomings and covers his mistakes, these types of managers are dangerous to work for and dangerous coworkers to be around.

The initial absence of any form of communication showed little respect for my time and a lack of common courtesy that any candidate should receive. The company basically got free work out of me. I wonder if the hiring manager is sourcing ideas from candidates and claiming them as his own.

Overall this experience is especially surprising given that Entelo is on a mission to make recruiting a better place. They are clearly missing the mark based on my experience and other negative reviews on Glassdoor. They can't even uphold their own mission statement. So ask yourself, would you really want to work in a department that has a problem with their leadership? I know I wouldn't.

Interview Questions

• Put together a spec for a new feature on Entelo's product.   Answer Question

Apr 2, 2018 – Principal Product Manager

Our goal is to make sure every candidate feels supported and valued throughout the entire interview process. I'm sorry to hear you didn't feel like that was the case here. Rest assured we take your feedback quite seriously and we wish you the best in your job hunt.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, heard from hiring manager a few weeks later who gave an assignment (create a spec for some features based on XYZ). Then 45 min phone interview with hiring manager followed by 3.5 hour on-site.

On-site: met with 6 people in 3.5 hours, some in pairs. Each gave an assignment or task, and had questions prepared. Everyone was very friendly, easy to talk to, and seemed great at what they do. But I thought some of the assignments were too vague and I felt there was not enough time for the main PM assignment to showcase one's skills. Not enough time for questions at the end. I was allotted less than 5 minutes per person to ask questions.

Did not move forward. The hiring manager did offer to provide feedback, but he ignored me when I asked for it.

My main red flag was this: Entelo is a company that constantly boasts about their diversity, and has won awards for their diversity in the past. I was interviewed by 6 men all in their 30s, 5 of whom were white. So maybe they have diversity, but not in management or senior positions, so does it really matter?

Also the office is surprising small and corporate feeling. A sad looking bean bag toss that's never been used occupies the lobby area, there are no good places to take a call, and not enough plants.

Interview Questions

• Create a product for job seekers.   Answer Question
    • Imagine you’re the PM for Zenefits and it doesn’t exist yet, how would you go about this?   Answer Question

Feb 21, 2018 – Principal Product Manager

As the hiring manager for this role, I genuinely appreciate the details you shared in this review. Feedback like this helps us refine our process and deliver a higher caliber candidate experience moving forward. I'm sorry we weren't the right fit but I wish you the best of luck during your job hunt.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Entelo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

1. Submit resume
    2. Was contacted by the SDR Lead for a phone screen
    3. Was asked to complete an assignment
    - Find 3 prospects for Entelo, include company, name, and LinkedIn profile.
    -Write an email to one of the prospects presenting what Entelo has to offer.
    4. Was invited to do a panel Skype interview with 2 SDRs, 1 SDR Lead, and the Manager

Interview Questions

• 3 parts to the interview.
      - The interview began with 2 of the SDR's and they focused their questions on me as a candidate and whether I would be a good culture fit
      -2nd part of the interview the SDR lead went over my assignment and gave me positive feedback as well as some constructive criticism on how to improve the email I had written (something that I thought was extremely beneficial), Then she went on to ask questions about the contacts that I provided, and how I went about finding the contacts. What resources did I use to acquire the information, and why I chose the companies that I did.
      -The final part of the interview was with Sean the Manager (extremely nice) and he mainly asked about the management style that I tend to excel in, what type of culture I work best in, and he also asked if I were to be offered the position if I had any reservations, and also how soon could I start if I were offered the position.   1 Answer
    • What was your experience interviewing at Entelo?   1 Answer
    • What do I do to prepare for the interview?   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entelo.

Interview

Only one other company I’ve ever applied to has sent a 2-3 hour assignment before allowing me the opportunity to have a phone call. Based on his brief interaction, it seems to me that Entelo is only concerned with what it can get from its employees, not what it can provide (a welcoming environment, career growth, etc.). I could *maybe* see this working for a company like Facebook or Google because they literally get thousands of applications per day. Expecting any number of candidates to do this work because screening resumes at a small or mid-size company is difficult is lop-sided, especially seeing as though the assignment was not technical. I did not do the assignment, and I hope they re-think this process. As I’ve told one recruiter, I think they’re missing out on other qualified candidates who might be passively looking and unwilling to put their valuable ideas down for a company that has not shown any commitment.

Interview Questions

• Given x information, write a spec to improve the product.   Answer Question

Jan 9, 2018 – Principal Product Manager

I'm the hiring manager for this role and I'd like to personally address your experience. We are deeply committed to providing a positive interaction with every candidate and I'm sorry to see we didn't deliver on that this time. Given your feedback, we've already made some changes including allowing the candidate to decide if a phone conversation should come before the homework assignment. Some candidates prefer to get a look at the kind of work they'd be doing, and some prefer a conversation first. We're now handing this decision to the candidates and look forward to seeing how that adjusts their experience moving forward. Thank you very much for the time and the feedback, it helps us do a better job. Wishing you all the best in your search.

Best,