Envestnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.8

Software Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Envestnet (Berwyn, PA).

Interview

Round # 1 >Phone screen - some general Java questions were asked with one vague question which could have had many correct answers, however the interviewer was looking only for something that caught his fancy.
    As follow up questions, I found the job requirement they had differed a lot from advertised.
    Was told, advertised requirements were a wishlist. Decided to give the benefit of doubt and went for round # 2

Round 2 # Onsite interview - one person on site, and two others via Teleconf.
    Right off the bat, no questions based off my experience or interests. No effort was made to understand skill level or previous experience. Rather was started off with a puzzle algorithm.
    Was told you cant use this collection and you cannot reference API online -
    Panel apparently did not like any attempts I made to solve this algorithm.

If you are really smart and can solve all the algorithms they throw at you - go work in Seattle or California - not this Start up shop besides the highway with road noise.
    Avoid at all costs not worth it. Seems like a place where people only want to do what they think is right - very restrictive.

Senior UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Envestnet in September 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and told I would be a great candidate for the need they had. 3 weeks went by and I still hadn't heard any decision from the company as to if they ever wanted to phone screen me. This was red flag #1.

I finally had a phone screen with the hiring manager and he asked me very vague and general questions about my experience. Red flag #2.

I was then invited onsite for a few hour face-to-face interview. Interview panel seemed extremely disorganized. Interviewer was running late. After a conversation about my experience and some projects he realized he had run over time for the scheduled HR part of the interview. Of course no one listed on the actual interview paperwork was available so the interview ended and was told I would have a call with HR later. Red flag #3.

After the HR conversation I heard back that I would need to have one final interview. The HR person setup this interview by email and the time for the interview came and went, but no one called me. I contacted the company by email and they totally ghosted me. I contacted the third party recruiter and was told the company "wanted to go another route..." Red flag #4.

The entire process was extremely disorganized, highly unprofessional and the technical aptitude of those running the company is very low.

If you have experience and are good at what you do--especially in the realm of software development, avoid this company at all costs.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Envestnet (Berwyn, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Overall, most horrifying interview experience at any company.

Let me walk you through my interview in chronological order :

1) Manager shows up 10 mins late
    2) Forgets to introduce himself and says: "yeah, we are looking for someone with more experience"
    3) At this point I haven't even said " Hi my name is _______"
    4) 2 questions pop up in my head: Did he review my resume before I drove 1 hr to meet him? & why didn't he realize this before?
    5) 20 min into the interview a recruiting company calls him and he starts talking for 10 mins
    6) He continues this conversation for 10 minute while I am IN the room
    7) He asks me one (1) JAVA question and says: "I understand your experience and it was nice meeting you and I am happy we had this introduction and l will keep you in mind for next month when there will be more positions."

Not sure if he did because I was a woman but I have 6 years of experience and graduated from a top rate school. I felt he just called me over to waste my time so my advice to you is to save yours!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Envestnet (Raleigh, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I did not have a chance to interview. I scheduled an in-person interview approximately two weeks prior to the date of my interview (via an email) with the HR rep. She called me and left a message 15 minutes before (10:15 am) my interview time (10:30 am) and stated that my interview was cancelled; I had already driven an hour to get to the interview and I was already in the company's office getting on the elevator to go to the interview. I called her back and she stated that she sent me an email stating that my interview was cancelled. The only reason why she called was to see if I received her email that she sent. The email was sent 2 hours (8:30 am) before my interview time! This company is so unprofessional. She had at least a week to call me to let me know that my interview was cancelled. If you get a call from this company, don't waste your time. The unprofessional interview process was enough for me to know that the company does not deserve my as an employee.

Devops Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Envestnet in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIN for Devops Engineer role. Few days later, I got interview scheduled for initial phone screen and it went quiet easy. That was a basic HR interview. They asked about my projects and previous experience.

Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Envestnet in June 2017.

Interview

I should've went with my gut and declined an interview based on all the negative feedback I read here. Instead I rearranged my schedule for a Monday interview that was scheduled the previous Friday. I was reached out to by a recruiter named Lacy who maybe just wanted to hit her recruiting numbers because though she scheduled a phone interview with me, she simply never called. What kind of reputable company has employees with such lack of professionalism representing them? A simple, "So sorry! Can we reschedule?" email would have sufficed. Nevertheless, better to know what they're made of on the front end. Simply chose to write this review because it's inconsiderate to waste the time of others, especially when for many folks, their time may really be their money.

Interview Questions

• Interview never took place; though they do ask you to complete several questions before they schedule you for an interview. Ok.   1 Answer

User Experience Writer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

They weren't transparent at all about what was going during any phase of the interview process. I went through multiple phone interviews/assessments with several weeks passing in between and me having no idea if I was still being considered or what step would be next if I was. I was finally told via HR that I wasn't selected and I asked for feedback on my assessment but wasn't given any.

Interview Questions

• They seemed mostly interested in assessing my previous work and thought process   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Envestnet (Berwyn, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied to Envestnet and was contacted by a member of the HR team within 1-2 weeks. I had 2 phone interviews with the HR team before moving on to an in person interview. During my in person interview, I had a tour of the new office space and met the entire HR team. After meeting the team, I was able to meet with Senior leaders and learned more about Envestnet's vision. Overall, the recruiting process gave me great insight into Envestnet's culture as well as the role I was interviewing for. The office is a beautiful, new space which lends itself to a team environment.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet in May 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, approximately 1 week later got a call from a recruiter for an initial pre-screen phone call.

I chat with her for about 30 minutes, the call ends with "Your skill set is what we're looking for" and "I'll get back to you by the end of the week (it was Monday) about next steps".

No contact from the recruiter at the end of the week. I emailed to follow-up to indicate my continued interest.

10 days pass. I email to follow-up, no response.
    3 more days pass. I email to follow-up, no response.
    5 more days pass.

I email to let the recruiter know I won't be pursuing this job any further. She emails me back in 30 minutes with "Sorry to hear about that." Nothing else, no explanation, no apology for ghosting for 18 days.

I was just incredulous.

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

After several emails back and forth with HR, we scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. When she called, she told me a bit about the job/company and then said she wanted was for me to do a writeup that included details of my previous projects. She didn't ask me anything about my background. I thought the process was a bit odd but I sent what she asked for anyway. I never heard from them again.