Envestnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Envestnet Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.9

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

Phone interview with what would be my current supervisor. Mostly technical question with a few personal quests for the ice breaker effect. Had a brief in person meetup so they could put the face to the voice. All in all the process was smooth.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet (Berwyn, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

First phone screen with manager of development (super nice guy!). This was an hour and primarily discussed position and asked few technical questions. One weird question was why does Java have an Object class?
    Next go in for on site visit with same manager (again super nice guy!). This was another 1/2 hour discussion then a written test is administered with paper and pencil! The written test has 2 UML diagram questions on it and a coding exercise to create a SSN class with methods like toString, hashCode/equals, etc. Plus there was a SQL question where they were looking for a UNION type query. I honestly can't remember ever doing a hand written coding test before so I volunteered to do the interview by actually writing code in IDE (and other questions on whiteboard) but they declined and wanted it handwritten on paper instead. Very old school type of interviewing so be prepared if you interview there! Honestly not the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• To code a USSSNNumber class in Java. What is difference between List/Set? What is difference between HashSet and HashMap? What is big data?   Answer Question

After visiting them, I experienced a very rigid, controlling atmosphere. I could tell the manager was super afraid of making any mistakes and as a result built all these processes to guard against it. Not very agile at all there.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet (Berwyn, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

First Round was a brief phone interview by the manager which involved the discussion of my resume and background. The week after I went into the Berwyn office to meet with two managers of different groups and another associate. The questions were personality based and did not have a cookie cutter answer so you must know your stuff and be on your feet. I then had a phone interview with another manager who was out of the office for the week. The call was quite thorough and lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working on your own or in a team, and why?   1 Answer

Software Developmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Envestnet (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The main interviewer was very amiable VP of development. There was one silent guy which always adds stress - he was the senior most dev learning interviewing techniques.The interview was done primarily as a theoretical whiteboard exercise to go over some basic abilities. There was a drink provided and I felt a lot of subtle personality inspection as we walked down - very normal.

Interview Questions

• Use SQL to select everything in the first set not in the second set distinctly and ordered.   1 Answer
    • Select everyone in the first set that isn't in the second distinctly and ordered. The sets are always ordered and no Linq - use very basics.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet (Berwyn, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Ridiculous. One interview, two individuals involved and no questions. I was left feeling like I was in the twilight zone. I ended up talking about myself in order to showcase my strengths.

Interview Questions

Interviewers that don't ask questions are not leaders.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

Conversations with a number of employees and HR. Mostly fit questions and very few content related questions. All interviewees were very nice and friendly. It was not a stressful interview and was very conversational.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

I had a phone screen and then a second interview. I was then told that a third interview would be scheduled and then.... crickets. I tried contacting my interviewer for an update via phone and email, and never received a response. This is extremely unprofessional and disrespectful of my time. For the benefit of the doubt, I just let it go. Then, several months later when I saw the position reposted, I contacted the person in HR via LinkedIn to ask if the position was filled previously or placed on hold. I then inquired about the status and what happened with my prior candidacy. I saw that the person clicked on my profile and still never bothered to respond. Based on my personal experience, I would never recommend this company. This is clearly a culture of "what can you do for me" and does not value others. If I am not a fit for the role, then I understand that and am completely comfortable moving on to the right opportunity. I have several years of Recruiting experience and would never be comfortable treating candidates in this manner. A total lack of response is a PR issue and I genuinely believe shows lack of positive culture at an employer.

Interview Questions

• They basically walked through my resume and asked about my duties.   1 Answer
    • They asked about working with employees in various locations.   1 Answer

Vice President - QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Envestnet (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief phone screen with recruiter followed by on-site interview. On-site interview was scheduled to be an hour with the other VP of QA (they were looking to hire a second VP of QA) and then an hour with the CTO. Ended up being with the VP only (although longer than the scheduled hour.)

General impression I got was that the VP in place was not really interested in hiring another one. When I asked him to describe the existing development process at Envestnet, his comment was "That's not really the way I expected the interview to go." One of his stated criteria for an ideal candidate was that they'd help improve the existing process, and he was reluctant to give any information about what that process is so the candidate could address it? I have a degree in finance, six years with one of the world's largest accounting firms and several years developing financial software for a leading brokerage, all of which was dismissed because I didn't have a background *specifically* in RIA-type portfolio management.

I've got no problem not getting jobs where there's clearly not a good fit between the employer's needs and my skills. It's bothersome to be in an interview where the interviewer is clearly searching for things to object to.

Interview Questions

• Essentially "Can you describe, in detail, what our Advisor View software does?"   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Envestnet (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Conversation with recruiter followed by onsite interview.
    My general sense during the interview was that the person was not interested in hiring anyone. When I asked questions about their process and where he saw this role fitting in, his initial response was "That's not the way I saw this interview going." Yet I felt I lost points for not being familiar with how things are done at the company.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how familiar I was with their product line and with the Registered Investment Adviser industry (their customer base).   1 Answer

Business Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Envestnet (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call followed by an in person interview, very polite and appreciative of candidates' time. average interview process - no surprises. The first call was a typical 30 minutes screening with talent manager, followed by in-person meeting with several different people over several hours.