Environment America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.7

Environment America Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was pretty fast. I applied online and received an email the next day requesting a phone interview with a link to the schedule. The phone interview was standard, mostly informational, but not with someone from EA but rather one of the PIRGS (which is understandable because they are the same umbrella organization). Interview went well, and I heard back a week or so later requesting a more formal skype interview. I scheduled a time but never received the skype name of the woman who was going to contact me. so right before the interview I called HR 4 times and no answer, and then 5 minutes past our scheduled time she skyped me. Interview went well, standard questions, very similar to the phone interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Environment America?   Answer Question
    • They explain the low salary and ask you to justify if you are the type of person that can handle that.   Answer Question
    • Apart from everything you've told me, what are other skills that you think I should know about that would make you good at this organization?   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America.

Interview

Applied online (Fairly long application, they wanted SAT scores, which is very unusual). I was contacted the next day for a phone interview with a regional director. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• what do you think is the biggest environmental problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Environment America (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two rounds:

First ( in person) is very easy, asking you a few questions about why you care about the environment and what experience if any you have.

The second interview was done through Skype, and they want to know more specifics about your experience and your availability. You can tell they have lots of interviews because it goes by very quickly and the interviewer is not that engaged.

What was most annoying was scheduling the second interview: after telling me I had made it to the second round, they left my emails unanswered for weeks before getting back to me with a specific interview time

Interview Questions

• If you were to pursue any specific environmental campaign, what cause would it be focused on?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Environment America (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Received email asking me to select a date. Interview got changed several times. First time I was not notified of the change and kept calling. Took a long time to finally connect.

Interview Questions

• What I thought the most pressing issue would be to handle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The first round was very informational, with general questions about why you are passionate about the environment, examples of leadership, etc. At the end I was offered a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• What is an environmental topic that you care about?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

First, there were a couple of stages of short answer questions asking me about the movement, my motivations and opinions. This was followed by a first round in person interview, and then a final in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What can the environmental movement learn from the NRA?   Answer Question

Environment America Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Environment America (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back quickly to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted around 30 minutes and then I was told to fill out a questionnaire and that I would hear back about a second round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Environment America (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at an infosession at my university and she offered me an interview after it was done, telling me to submit a formal application on the website to get me in the system. We scheduled an interview the next day - it lasted about half an hour. She said that as follow-up, I should complete an online questionnaire and anticipate being invited to their offices the following weekend. I submitted the questionnaire, then waited but never received an invitation or rejection. More than a month later, I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Who is an environmental leader you admire?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environment America (Washington, DC).

Interview

Disorganised hiring process. After the initial phone screening I was informed that I would be contacted by a campaign director for a second interview. He missed our initial interview date and had to postpone the next one. Really disorganised and gave a terrible feeling about this organisation.

Interview Questions

• What am I currently following in the news and what do I think about it?   Answer Question

Environement Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America in July 2016.

Interview

Wasn't super impressed with the interview process. Phone call interviews can be awkward in general, but the quality of this call was so bad I had to turn the volume up all the way on my phone and strain to hear and understand what the interviewer was asking me.