Environment America Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 97 of over 97 interviews

Recruiter5%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America (Boston, MA) in May 2021

Interview

Two interviews, about two weeks apart. Both were rescheduled and we had to play phone tag; neither worked in the state that I was applying to work in, and they gave conflicting information about whether the position I thought I'd applied for was actually... open?? The first guy suggested that I might need to move across the country.

Interview Questions
  • People went around campaigning against XYZ ballot question that we're in favor of, allegedly because it doesn't help low-income communities. How would you have voted?
    1 Answer

Environment America

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Environment America

Interview

Easy questions, two rounds of interviews. Mostly asking about how you would go about navigating public opinion and lobbying officials. Doesn't talk about the fundraising portion of the job, but worth asking about so you can get a clear idea of what you will actually be doing.

Interview Questions
  • How would you change a conservative senator's vote on a bill allowing new fracking projects? How would you approach somebody's front door representing Environment America.

Environment America

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Environment America in Mar 2021

Interview

The initial interview went well! Was over the phone and was fairly causal. Was asked to complete a supplementary questionnaire and invited for a second interview, which I haven't completed yet.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me more about yourself? How did you hear about this job? Why are you interested in working with us? Pretty basic questions for the first interview.

Environment America

Application

I interviewed at Environment America

Interview

Super easy, literally anyone can get a job if they want. They didn't ask anything hard, they just want to know if you can work. The interview was very informal, you showed up in a random room with other canvassers there and you get a run down on the job as basically interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Environment America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America

Interview

It was a very short (30 minutes) phone interview where the interviewer described the position and made time for me to ask questions. He was very friendly and overall it was a positive interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why you're interested in the position Describe a time when you worked in a challenging environment

Environment America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America

Interview

It was done by someone who worked for an adjacent group to EA. One thing to know is that they do not offer time off until one year. They kept my interview to a half an hour.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Environment America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America

Interview

Initial phone interview was fairly relaxed. The interviewer spent 10 minutes describing the position, and then 20 minutes were spent asking questions. Why was I interesting in the position, what transferable skills I have, etc

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Environment America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America in Dec 2020

Interview

Took literally 3 almost 4 months for the whole process. Was screen 3+ times for an entry level position. Also, they failed to mention the min salary was 28k not 30k as they said previously, which is below minimum wage where the job was posted. AND they expect the low level associates to run fundraising campaigns every summer period and hire unpaid interns etc to raise money for the org. This wasn't in the job description on any site it was posted on. Just so wrong, if you're looking for work in the environment I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Environment America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America in Nov 2020

Interview

They offered me two interviews, the first of which was very brief and covered my resume experience. The second interview went well in my opinion, although later I was not offered the position. First interview was 15 minutes over the phone, the second was 30 minutes over Zoom.

Interview Questions
  • How are you committed to the environment? What is the most pressing issue, in your opinion? How have you contributed to your local community?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2020

Interview

The person who interviewed me sounded cool and down to earth. She told me that I was good for the position and invited me to the next step and I was to receive an email within 24 hours and I never received the email. She told me to contact her if I did not receive the email and when I didn't then I reached out to her and never heard back. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • What technique would you use to succeed as a digital associate?
1 person found this interview helpful