Environment America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Environment America Interview Questions

Interviews at Environment America

2.7

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America in September 2014.

Interview

Quick response after resume submission. Immediately interview was set up. We had a 30 minute phone interview. Not tough, just basic questions trying to assess my character and what I wanted to get out of the internship. Friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you showcased leadership skills and accomplished something your are proud of in the last few years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A few follow up emails and worked together to decide on hours and start and end date. Given the position without a hitch.

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America.

Interview

Applied online (Fairly long application, they wanted SAT scores, which is very unusual). I was contacted the next day for a phone interview with a regional director. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• what do you think is the biggest environmental problem?   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Environment America in July 2018.

Interview

Applied for the position, next day received an email requesting me to fill out a questionnaire for writing sample and salary requirements. Within two days of submitting that I was contacted for a phone interview. From there I could tell they were really lacking in organization, had to jump through several hoops to get scheduled because their scheduling system didn't work, no one answered the phone at the number designated for help, etc. Phone interview went really well and we had a great conversation but there was a big red flag to me. EA says they pay "based on experience" and they told me my pay requirements were unrealistic since I am "an entry-level candidate" (I have 3 years of work experience plus a BS and MS in the field) therefore the pay I deserved was low (the high end of the range they gave me was lower than I am getting paid at a small regional nonprofit in an entry level position. When I asked if the position for which I was interviewing is considered to be entry level, they said no it's not. Very frustrating because if they really thought I was worth interviewing for a position that requires more experience, they obviously have an inkling that I am somewhat qualified and show potential. Made me feel like they just wanted cheap labor. This is in combination with bad experiences "interning" with them during college really soured my view of them. Will 100% never apply for a position with EA ever again.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Environment America (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very brief and easy. They asked a few questions. You did not need to know anything about the environment. All you had to show was that you are a nice person and that you have a pulse

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Environment America (Austin, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Just came in and they asked about my passion for the environment. They also seemed really open and accepting of people from a world of different backgrounds. It was a great interview and they told me a lot about the job at hand and the different positions available within the company.

Interview Questions

• About past experiences. And why we wanted to interview for the job in question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Environment America (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied to the position online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. My interviewer said she would contact me, but she forgot. I tried to contact her at the scheduled time but was unable to get a hold of her. She emailed me the next day with a sincere apology and asked if we could set up another time. Unfortunately, but this time by future plans had changed, and I did not reschedule the interview. However, I have heard the phone interview is relatively straight-forward, and that almost all applicants get invited to an in-person interview afterwards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Environment America (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I e-mailed the company to get an interview and was told to come in for a group interview. After the group stage of the interview, I advanced to a one on one interview where I was told about the "try-out" day of the job, after which (depending on the number of signatures collected), I would be officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in Climate Change research?   1 Answer

The job seemed like a competitive sales job. If you don't get the quota of signatures and memorize your stock speech, you lose the job.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Environment America (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

I literally had a 10 minute interview between classes. By the end of the ten minutes I had a job. The company has a fast turn over so they are always looking to hire new people

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Environment America (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

My overall experience was positive. My only critique is that the interview process was too long. There was an initial phone call and then three subsequent in-person interviews with people of increasing importance. Everyone was very nice and personable. A good mix of challenging questions to get to know my personality and skill sets that were applicable to the job.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the most challenging things facing environmentalists this year?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Environment America (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

I sent a resume online and didn't hear back from them for several weeks. I had more or less assumed after the first few weeks that I wasn't going to be offered an interview, but eventually, I did get an email containing a questionnaire for me to fill out. There were questions about my political views and work experience - fairly straightforward stuff. Once again, after a pause of several weeks, I was contacted for a phone interview. I read several interview reviews here and most of the questions I was asked had already been posted by other candidates, so there weren't many surprises. Some of the questions were repeats from the written questionnaire. The interviewer was exceedingly polite and friendly, although her reactions were a little difficult to read. She mentioned that the job would typically involve a work week of 60 hours. She also mentioned that pay and benefits would by higher for "experienced" candidates, but wasn't able to tell me based on my work experience whether I would be considered "experienced". She gave a lot of background information about the company and asked several times if I had any questions. I got my rejection email about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked with other people to accomplish a certain goal (I can't remember the exact wording, but this was the general idea - the exact wording was certainly no less vague).   1 Answer
    • What cause "gets you up at night"? (In other words, what public issue is most important to you)   1 Answer