Eppendorf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eppendorf Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

3.2

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Eppendorf.

Interview

Interview process, from first phone interview to offer too over 2 months. Started with 2 phone interviews. Came in for 2 separate in person interviews meeting with multiple people each time. Second in person interview included meeting with CEO. After 2 in person interviews was asked to come back in for a case study.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to come in for a case study and basically perform tasks while monitored   Answer Question

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eppendorf (Concord, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic understanding of the position. A two tiered phone interview with explanations of what they are looking for coupled with candidate's specific biotech knowledge. Manager stated they working looking for a "superman" to fill the position. Manager said they would rather hire no one that hire the wrong person. Manager asked good questions. The problem is that they want someone with a college degree as listed when the manager wanted someone who could pull wire and bend conduit.

Commercial Support Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eppendorf.

Interview

very easy

Negotiation

no negotiation

Field Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eppendorf.

Interview

During the very short phone screen, the HR lady explained what the company did and asked basic questions on how I was qualified for the job. She was, however, more interested in confirming my salary expectations. When she offered, I took the opportunity to ask questions about the position. I discovered then that the geographical area they expected the person to cover was very large and not fully disclosed in the job posting. Given the new facts, I stated that I would have to increase my salary expectations to a more reasonable amount. Anxiously, she tried to explain that the company covered for travel expenses, making it sound like a "benefit" or like if that compensated for a lower salary and more time away from home. It was implied that they weren't willing to negotiate on a salary expectation increase, despite the fact that my original salary expectations were below the regional average for field service professionals. Needless to say, I didn't get the offer. They were essentially screening for the lowest cost candidate, not the best one.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you to work in the position?
      Can yo confirm your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eppendorf.

Interview

Lengthy and need to prepare presentations. Consist of 1st and 2nd interview. Need to be well prepared with the company's product line.Overall it is quite a tough session but the outcome is satisfactory.

Interview Questions

• How to convince a negative customer to buy your product?   Answer Question

PM Interview

Interview

It took more than 2 M to go through the interview process - a very conservative company with limits in benefits, old management without vision for the future. First a TC then a face-to-face interview with the 2 managers and HR incl. a scientific presention on a topic that fits to their business.

Interview Questions

• Present a Product that would fit to their portfolio - their aim was to gain info from the competion....   Answer Question