Equifax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Equifax Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2018

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equifax.

Interview

I sent my resume via email and was then given a brief phone interview. Following the phone interview, I was asked to come in to meet with the Manager and his Assistant. This interview was very laid back. We discussed schooling and accounting, a bit about what I knew of the position. It was explained what they were looking for and I believe I was offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I understood about unemployment and what role the employer plays in paying the claims. They wanted to know if I was aware of any of the process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Equifax.

Interview

The hiring and interview process used by Equifax, Inc. was as expected for the company of this size. Standard questions related to resume and experience were asked by the HR recruiter, hiring manager, and onsite by various team members

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in this area? What is the most difficult situation at work you handled? What type of assignments did you perform for this company?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equifax (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Month-long process. Let's run down each interview:
    1. Initial call by HR as a 'check the box' type exercise. HR focal did not know anything about the job, cannot answer questions about the role, sounded like she was reading off a screen and checking 'Yes' or 'No' to each general requirements for job type questions.
    2. Week later, phone interview with hiring manager. A lot of 'tell me about a time' questions, digging into experience with the role, met 95% of the role requirements, got drilled on the 'missing 5%' in the form of a lot of concern about not meeting 100% of what they were looking for.
    3. Few days later, follow-up interview with hiring manager. Additional questions, more digging, etc.
    4. One week later, panel interview on-site with hiring manager and the head of 5 different departments in 45 minute type interviews with each.
    5. Few days later, given 3(!) business cases to complete within a few business days.
    6. Two days after the business case due date, get a final interview with hiring manager and his director to go through the business cases and answer the same questions multiple times that were asked at the panel interview by the other department heads.

One week after the final interview, and one month after the first interview with HR, was given a generic note via e-mail that read:

'Thank you for your interest in employment with Equifax. We appreciate the time you spent sharing your prior experiences with us.

At this time, we have identified candidates who more closely match our hiring needs. As a result, we will not be considering you for our open position.'

That's it. No phone call. No explanation. Nothing. Just 9 interviews and 3 business cases and not even the professionalism to call to explain the decision, tips for next time, etc. I have been a hiring manager at several jobs in the past, and the thought of someone finding out (after spending all this time) that they weren't getting the position via a generic form e-mail is unfathomable. Complete lack of professionalism and now I understand a bit more why this company is rated so poorly here.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equifax (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and then 2 weeks later, I had a phone screen with a recruiter which lasted about 30 minutes. It was more about her getting to know me as well as me learning more about the position. About three weeks later, I had a phone interview with two people on the team which was geared more towards behavioral questions most interviews have. Then about two weeks later, I went in for an in person interview. About two days later, I had a verbal offer.

Fullfilment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equifax (Des Moines, IA) in April 2018.

Interview

Went up to the second floor and waited a couple minutes to meet with the manager.

The interview went smooth as we were talking about past employment history and some of the skills I have.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Equifax (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2018.

Interview

The process took about 3+ months. It seemed like they were attempting to pump me for information in what seemed to be their attempt to get information to help them improve. I will not apply again.

Interview Questions

• How would you do this...? What do you recommend for this type of situation?   1 Answer

Legal Secretary/Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equifax (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process took 2-3 weeks. After applying online, you'll get a phone screening. If they are interested, you then come in for an in-person interview. They ask a lot of questions about your work history, the duration of work and why you are looking for new employment.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equifax (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back from an Internal Recruiter. The recruiter had a set of scripted list of basic technical questions and mostly asked about my history. I received an invitation for an in person interview the next week. The in person interview was an 2 on 1 deal consisting of the technical team lead and hiring manager. They did not get too technical on the questions. They mostly asked questions about my experience as it relates to their projects and led me talk about them.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I implemented projects that they had plans to implement.   Answer Question

Unemployment Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Earth City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equifax (Earth City, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

Very quick and easy. I was recruited through indeed. From there I had a phone interview basic background questions and information about the position was discussed. The next day I was invited to an in person interview which was with two people some questions were kind of off the wall . The next day I was offered the position.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equifax (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call from one of the recruiters. He asked very basic questions. A week later I got another call and they asked me to fly to St Louis for a group interview. Their travel office arranged the flight departure and returning times. I arrived to their office at 1:30 PM. My interview was scheduled for 3:30. They had me waiting in the lobby for 2 hours even though they had just finished with the prior candidate before me. At 3:40 they finally sent for me. I was in a small room with 4 members of their team. And, at 4:25 the interview was over. Did they know that I got on a plane to see them and flew 600 miles??? Did they know that their travel office booked me on the last flight at 10:00 PM. They didn't seem very concern about any of it. One interviewer didn't even know where I lived. It was a very bad experience. A glaring lack of professional and common courtesy. I never felt welcomed.