Equifax Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Equifax

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 303 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equifax (Saint Louis, MO)

Interview

To preface this I will start with Equifax immigration and HR team, they were the most dis-honest people I ever met. Technical managers and technical interviewers are very honest and good to interact. First, I applied for a role and then I got an email from HR stating that I was selected for further interview process, and then I submitted my availability. Then No response from the recruiter for over two months irrespective of many times I followed up. Two months later I got another email from a new recruiter that they are interested to go forward with my application and arranged a basic HR call where they answer general questions about Equifax work culture and immigration questions. They agreed to sponsor and started interview process. First there was phone round for one hour and then there was multiple video interviews with different people in the team. There after I was asked to visit onsite for final interview. At this stage I again confirmed with HR whether they were sponsoring H1 and they said Yes. After the onsite interview, interviewing manager asked me not to accept any offer as they would be releasing an offer for me. Two days later I got a call from HR stating that we were interested in releasing an offer for you, but we are getting push back from Immigration department and they cant release an offer due to this. It's okay if they don't want to sponsor, but what is the point of interviewing me when they don't hire immigrants? Happy to be not part of their organization. I got an offer to work for the planet's desirable company almost all tech people deserve to work for.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about my work experience in data science, ETL and BI domain What new technologies I can implement in this project Different cloud technologies I know and follow up questions.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Equifax (United States)

Interview

HR call A telephone call interview with hiring manager A video conference call interview with hiring manager - asking about previous projects, basic UI & REST API questions, Previous experience, Academic courses, projects

Interview Questions
  • asking about previous projects, basic UI & REST API questions
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Equifax (United States)

Interview

I went through a brief phone interview, then an in-person interview with a couple of the people I would be working with. They explained more about the job and asked questions about my experience relative to what I would be doing for them, if they hired me. About a week later, I was scheduled to talk to the department head by phone. The department head also asked good questions and answered some questions that I had. I think it was a reasonable interview process, about what you might expect.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle things if you were given multiple assignments for different stakeholders/customers and those assignments were all due around the same time?
  • Tell us about your experience.
  • Have you had experience working with colleagues who are not co-located?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equifax (United States) in Nov 2020

Interview

Video interview with two Indian developers. Standard interview questions and 2 questions about how you would go about solving such problems. Questions and responses were difficult to understand due to heavy accent. The questions were not properly addressed and had to be restated multiple times in different manners. Many of my questions about quality of work and the team dynamics were adverted and answered in a non-direct way which was not a good sign for me.

Interview Questions
  • 1) What technologies can you use? 2) What databases do you know? 3) What is your experience like? 4) How would you develop a program to represent a number in the string word form Ex: 1,230 -> one thousand two hundred thirty 3,000,210 -> three million two hundred ten 5) How would you represent a receipt as a schema? - What would the key be and other attributes? 6) What is the difference between a foreign key and the primary key
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Australia
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equifax (Australia) in Nov 2020

Interview

First was a preliminary survey (online) and then a recruiter screening via a phone call, usually behavioural questions. Following that is a hiring manager interview which is more of a catch-up and opportunity to know more about the company objectives, reason for hiring & expansion

Interview Questions
Equifax
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equifax (United States)

Interview

Within a week of submitting my application I was invited to attend a virtual interview day. Met with current analysts first, then three subsequent 30 minute interviews with 2 current employees in each interview.

Interview Questions
  • Explain my previous work experience in depth describing what I did day to day in that specific role.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equifax (Dublin, Dublin) in Oct 2020

Interview

The process took 1 week to schedule actual interview . 1. First got a call from HR about technical background about the project worked in previous organizations 2. After 3-4 days , HR schedules a technical interview with the interview panel and it was a google meet video invite that had the following pattern. Total 3 hrs invite with following sessions : a. Introduction with the Delivery manager where interviewer walkthrough about organizational details and team structure and check competency - 30 mins. b.Techincal interview with QA Lead and Senior QA - 1hr where interviewer check Core Java, Selenium, Database, API Testing knowledge c.Discussion with HR -HR will ask general HR questions, why you are interested in employer, where do you see yourself after 5 years etc ..... 3.Techinical Interview was with few below questions :

Interview Questions
  • What is testNG What are GIT commands What is Collections in Java SQL basic queries and joints Difference between overloading and overriding Difference -Class/abstract class/interface BDD Frameworks and Test case writting syntax Lambda expression in Java Scenario and scenario outline difference Different API response codes - what they are and there meaning
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Equifax (Canada) in Oct 2020

Interview

The whole process took almost a month. First was a phone screening with an HR. I was then passed to someone else handling my application. Got an email 2-3 days later to ask me for my available days for the next process, a video interview with the Hiring Manager. Gave her my availabilities but she did not tell me when the interview would be, only the process on how to get in the video interview. I got an email 2 days after that just said video interview at 12:30pm on the same day as the email. Regardless, I did the interview. I never received any update nor any answer from the person handling my application. 2 weeks later I emailed the HR and even then there was no answer. I got a generic email at 3 am about my application being rejected. Say the least it's very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Went over my resume and talk about my customer service experience
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equifax (Canada) in Oct 2020

Interview

I went through two interviews, and did not learn how many steps the process was, although I believe there were more. The first call was with their internal recruitment team and was positive. They asked specific questions about my work history and experience. The second interview was with the hiring manager and was very unstructured. The manager did not seem to have any prepared questions and wanted to talk about the role and the history of the team; I don't believe I was asked anything specific during the interview at all. They repeated one extended anecdote about why the previous hire left twice, word for word. The 30-min interview ran 45 min. During the interview the manager described that they were looking for someone who met the on-paper job criteria, but who could also build up internal processes and documentation, as an additional body of work on top of that, as well as having strong customer-facing skills that had hitherto not been a major part of the role. They emphasized that there would not be onboarding or existing documentation for anyone hired and that the hire would be expected to create this. I've done this exact role very successfully in another industry for a Great Place To Work top company, and was explicitly told by the manager that the fact that I was new to the credit risk industry was a non-factor. I have also done this second body of work successfully at multiple businesses. The interviewer described this as a major strengths and generally spoke very positively about my background and fit for the role. Nothing is a guarantee in job applications, but I was given to understand that I was at least a strong candidate. The conversation I had with the hiring manager was overall very positive but did not feel like an interview. I'm left feeling unclear as to what they were looking for that I did not possess as I simply wasn't asked enough. If there was a specific problem or doubt, I was not given any opportunity to address such. The process was overall quick and took two weeks. I was not given information about why I was declined. Since interviewing, the job has been reposted fresh to online job boards.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to ask the interviewer about the role.
  • I was asked why I no longer worked at my last job, but the interviewer seemed to think twice about it and retracted the question on the basis of generally high unemployement during COVID-19.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Rica
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equifax (Costa Rica)

Interview

Consists of several steps. The first one is to get a general feel of your technical knowledge. The second one goes a little bit more in depth and is a face to face call.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 303