Erie County Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Erie County Medical Center

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Erie County Medical Center (Buffalo, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief, pleasant, two interviews are required to obtain a position. Short amount of questions for a generic fill in answer sheet. I didn't get an offer immediately. You will be given a general idea of expectations. Some questions were asked via phone and re-asked at the interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Erie County Medical Center (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Took about a month to hear from them after I applied. Had an interview with the recruiter then she had me meet the unit manager and see the floor. They checked my references and two days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiating.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Erie County Medical Center (Buffalo, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Be prepared for a long and detailed interview. The process alone is time consuming. Several steps are taken before even getting a face to face contact and then several after. It takes about 3 months before it is finished. Goodluck and be honest,confident and let them know you are proud of your abilities.

Interview Questions

• Why did you become a nurse?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Erie County Medical Center (Buffalo, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I submitted a resume online, I had no callback or feedback in approximately 1 month. I ended up calling almost daily after the 1 month mark. I finally got an interview with the recruiter; then the same day, I had an interview with the unit manager. I had a job offer the same day and accepted.

Senior L P N Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Erie County Medical Center (Buffalo, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I initially applied on-line, then followed up with a phone call to the HR representative mentioned in the closing of the confirmation email I received stating my resume was being processed, and a personal interview was scheduled (which turns out was a great idea, my agression was apparently perceived as me being "eager" and "driven" as told to me at the interview). As far as the interview, it was with the one HR rep a previously mentioned, which she basically asked my strengths and weaknesses, and where I thought I could be more of an asset to. Afterwards, she took me to the unit I mentioned may have been a good fit for me, I then spoke briefly with the charge nurse about the expectations of the unit and a tour. She then gave me a backround check authorization form to sign, followed by a pharmacology/math test as well as a skills test, which I was notified immediately of my passing. I was then told the start dates for orientation and to expect a call to schedule a physical and other tests like PPD and tests for communicable diseases, which I did receive a week of two later ( all of which were performed at the hospital, free of charge).

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can be an asset to our organization?   Answer Question
    • What do you like most about being a nurse?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate, all salareies wer based on years of experience.