Ethos Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.9

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ethos Consulting Group (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Digital interview online. 12 questions and you reecord responses and move to the next question. They review the interview and then call you in for an "in person interview". THIS IS DOOR TO DOOR SALES. ENOUGH SAID. THIS IS FOR HIGH SCHOOL KIDS. AVOID THE RUN AROUND.

Promotional Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ethos Consulting Group (Aurora, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

This was advertised as a Promotional marketing but was really disguised for sales. When entering there were other people there to interview. In the background you could hear cheering, for some reason. ( I think to make it seem like its a fun place)? It was all very strange. Then I entered a room. I was introduced to who I was interviewing with then moved down a level to another room. While going in the elevator two other females came into the elevator with us. Everything felt very staged and not genuine. Since the job posting was vague, they described further what the job was. It sounds like a pyramid scheme. You start as sales then move to manager then eventually to CEO to open your own business just like theres!

Interview Questions

• Indirect and direct marketing the difference.   1 Answer

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ethos Consulting Group (Aurora, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall great interview process. I met with Alex and he was very nice and helpful. Shelbi the recruiter was very personable! I did not move forward with the second interview because I do not believe in what they do. They are a direct sales company for CenturyLink. They want you to go in Krogers, COstco, or Sam's Club and do a promotional event and try to sell services to shoppers. Not something I wanted to do since I have a degree and I want PTO, benefits, a salary, etc. They say everyone starts in the "entry level" position. I believe that the energy at this company could be a great fit for someone who is wanting to do sales and handle LOTS of objection. I mean imagine how you feel when you're walking though the store or mall and people try to sell you stuff when you're just trying to get groceries. Great overall process though!

Interview Questions

• How did the interview go if you were to tell your family, friends or significant other after this interview? And what would you tell them we do as a company?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ethos Consulting Group (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

There are three parts to the interview process: 1 online, 1 where you meet with a "manager" who is being shadowed, and a 3rd time where you meet with the CEO of this small company. After that you meet a 4th time to sign papers and train if you choose to accept.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethos Consulting Group (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Emailed me immediately then set up a phone interview that went well, very laid back no hard questions at all. Then they ask you to come in for an in person interview however they only offer it the very next day, less than 24 hours notice, and if you cant make that too bad for you. Complete sham.

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ethos Consulting Group (Denver, CO).

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews before they offered me the job. The people who work at Ethos are AMAZING! The energy in the office is incredibly positive and it seems like a wonderful starter job.

Interview Questions

I decided not to accept the position because I wasn't convinced of longevity with the company. There are many people that do well, but I felt as though great success was the exception rather than the rule. If this was my first job out of college I would've taken it. It would've been a wonderful growth opportunity. I simply could not take the pay cut from my current career, even though I wanted to get into sales.

Wonderful company, but not right for where I was at in my career journey.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethos Consulting Group (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

This people are relentless! Not only is this a scam but once you send in a resume, set an interview and then figure out that this place is door to door sales it's like you become a target. They will continue to email you and attempt to arrange an interview with you after some time has passed like you are going to forget who they are. Maybe some people fall for this?

I didn't even know that door to door sales even existed any more. All of the good reviews here? Let's evaluate, they are either fake or perhaps people really are excited to have a really good job that isn't McDonalds because we likely aren't talking about the cream of the crop here people-just facts.

Interview Questions

• We will make this super easy because we will hire any warm body that walks in the door. Keep in mind they don't actually answer any of your questions in the three interviews they will have with you.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethos Consulting Group (Aurora, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was split into three parts: first was with an energetic manager of the company, second was with a 'top account executive' (was also accompanied but a teenage aged trainee) and the third interview was supposedly with the CEO, George.

The first interview was fine, she asked pretty basic questions about my history, how I approached situations and just 'wanted to get to know me'. She told me about herself and the company, emphasizing the 'huge Fortune 500 companies' they worked exclusively with such as Century Link and T-Mobile. Not much about the position itself but I was called back for another interview in an hour or so, so I held my questions until then. The second interview brought many red flags to life. They were reluctant to actually tell you what the job entailed. I was told there would be 2-3 hours of office work and then 'client relations' and more ambiguous buzzwords for the rest of the working day. I asked exactly what a day would look like and they very reluctantly told me it was door-to-door sales on your own until 8:30pm at night for a little over minimum wage... I was told the base salary averaged about 45k a year and when I was for a breakdown of the salary - they literally would not tell me. I was surprised and disappointed because I asked multiple times for a breakdown but he repeated himself by telling me what an average rep made.

When he told me about the 'management training program', I literally laughed and said that's enough and thanked them for their time. It's just another sales rep job where they pay you minimum wage and will skimp you out of commissions to get people in the door. I would avoid at all costs.

Declined the third interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in sales and why did you quit your previous sales position?   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ethos Consulting Group (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied online and was called back the next day. The first interview is 15 minutes and is fairly easy with a get to know you section and a company overview briefing. Next you will spend 45 minutes to an hour with a successful account representative where they will go over pay structure (all commission, no base pay). This is a door to door sales job (all B2C) where you will speak with regular people at places like a Sam's club selling phone services/plans to people. Once you reach their sales goal you move up into a management position and once you meet that goal with your team you move up to a leadership position, so on and so forth. Your last interview is with George (president of the company) and is fairly laid back. More of a get to know you and last minute questions you have.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethos Consulting Group (Aurora, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

They called immediately after receiving my resume. I was told that I was coming to interview for a management position due to my qualifications. I arrived early and had to wait for my interview, they were late. Interviewed with a nice guy that had the funniest looking haircut I've seen in a long time. After the get to know each other part I asked about the job duties. After explaining to him what I was told to get me down there, he laughed and said that everyone has to start on the street and go door to door.. I laughed at him and politely told him what he could do with his job and left. BELIEVE what you read in these reviews. They have people coming in all day long with the false promise that this is a legitimate job. They use you up and throw you away.