Etsy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Etsy Interview Questions

Interviews at Etsy

2.9

UX Designer Interview

Interview

Phone interview with some great questions, focusing on making design decisions using data, and making a difference with the product itself. This was pre-pandemic, so it was strange that they didn't seek an in-person conversation for a pretty senior position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Etsy in December 2020.

Interview

The entire process was done in a one day interview. They said the process could take up to 5hours initially but it ended up being a 45 minute general/behavioral interview with Engineer Manager. 45 minute technical interview with Software Engineer. 15 minute interview with Recruiter

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Etsy in November 2020.

Interview

One round with a recruiter followed by 5 rounds of interviews with legal and business teams. The entire interview process is an actual exam with a very high number of legal questions (about 30 per interview). Downside is that you get to no very little if anything about your interviewers and their personalities.

Interview Questions

• It’s essentially like going through multiple oral law school exams.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Etsy (New York, NY) in November 2020.

Interview

I've never been ghosted by a company in the interview process before Etsy. I can't believe a "professional" company would let a candidate make it so far as the virtual on site and then just never contact them again. I get that a recruiter can't provide feedback, but a rejection message is standard and courteous. Nothing. Ghosted. Unprofessional as can be.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Etsy.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, on site with hiring manager, on site with stakeholders. Hiring manager lacks diversity, she couldn’t even come up with what Etsy is doing to fix this issue that every other company is trying to solve for. After interviewing with stakeholders to put out feelers they changed the title to Product which is completely different role. Just very chaotic & disappointed with the what is your company working on for upcoming/diversity issues. All my interviews were with Caucasians.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Etsy (New York, NY) in October 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, video call with hiring manager, 6 back to back interviews with various people across the company. Interview process was great up until that point. For a company that stresses making commerce human, they should apply that to their interviewing process. Questions were generic, repetitive, and very impersonal.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions- didn't ask how I would contribute to the group / team at all, didn't ask technical questions   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Etsy (San Francisco, CA) in October 2020.

Interview

I had a recruiter screening round followed by a portfolio review and then onsite. While the design team and interviewers were super nice and courteous, I had a terrible experience with the recruiter. The recruiter's behavior was unprofessional - they were rude, very difficult to reach for questions and then they messed up my final onsite. They made me feel unwelcome at the company. For the final onsite, my interviewers and I were given different schedules. So, my last round of interviews never happened. I was on a tight deadline, so I couldn't reschedule and had to leave the process.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Etsy (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

First, there was an online assessment asking you to add functionality to an application with an Express.js backend. Then, the on-site was a behavioral interview with an engineer, a technical interview, and then followed by a chat with the recruiter (and a tour of the office).

Interview Questions

• The on-site technical question was focused around debugging an existing codebase in Flask - so not really data structures or algorithms related, and rather more about how you can adapt to a codebase in a framework you're not expected to have any experience in.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

Interview

I first completed an online assessment, which consisted of adding multiple features and functionality to an existing Express.js app. Then, for the onsite interview, I had a behavioral interview with an engineer, a technical interview with another engineer, and then finally followed by a chat with the recruiter and a tour around the office.

Interview Questions

• The on-site technical question consisted of debugging an existing codebase in Flask. It wasn't as much of a data structures/algorithms question as much as it was just trying to see how well you were able to understand and adapt to an existing codebase in a framework that you are expected to have no experience in.   Answer Question

Staff Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Etsy (New York, NY) in October 2020.

Interview

Overall positive but left me w/ nothing to show for my time.

* intial screening w/ in-house recruiter
    * technical interview w/ hiring manager
    * technical interview w/ other developer
    * 6 hr virtual onsite (pair on Android project, technical, people skills)