Evergreen Shipping Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Evergreen Shipping (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I submitted a resume and they called me in for an interview. In the meeting, there were three people asking me questions. They asked if I would be willing to work outside the normal 8-5 business hours because my main contacts would be in Asia. It was a few months before they called me for a 2nd interview. At the second meeting, there were four people asking me questions. They asked me to describe my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I don't think the company is willing to negotiate too much on the package.

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evergreen Shipping in September 2014.

Interview

I was recently contacted by a manager at Evergreen and had a phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes. It went well and we scheduled an in person interview for about a week later. On the morning of the interview, I was notified that the manager needed to reschedule (good thing I checked my email before leaving). I was sympathetic and said "ok, that's fine". The next day, I received an email saying that they no longer would like an interview because the position is no longer available... I rearranged my schedule so I could come in for an interview and there wasn't even an apology. Their hiring managers waste your time and are very rude. Don't bother considering this company for future employment.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evergreen Shipping (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with regional manager and office manager. Straight forward questions and application process. Company tends to hire right out of college for inside sales positions, which evolves to outside sales.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Evergreen Shipping (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

two rounds of interviews. One with hiring manager and the other with department head. The whole process took kind of long, but it was easy. No STAR questions! If chosen, they will send you request for background check and if that passes through, then you'd get the offer. It was too long ago that I can't remember all the details.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Evergreen Shipping (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

fill some paper first, this need to write some work experiences and skills, then begin to have a interview. I was thinking just one manager first, then come in 6 managers around with you, becomes to a group interview. Almost everyone will ask question to you, then turn to you to ask questions, they will also introduce their work and detail of the job to you.

Interview Questions

• tell about yourself, what do you know about our company, ask for sponsorship, how is your college life, your work experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evergreen Shipping.

Interview

I applied online. The process took two weeks– interviewed at Evergreen Shipping Agency.
    The interview was basic questions very relaxed and everyone was super nice. The manager was very laid back and made you feel welcomed. The hiring was about a two week decision.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Traffic Control Export Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Evergreen Shipping (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process is decent. Interviewed with 4 managers for about 45 minutes. Asked key questions about ideal logistics as well as time management/ multi tasking abilities. Everyone was friendly, and also open to answering any questions about the job position and company culture.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evergreen Shipping (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through Indeed and was contacted within 24 hours for a brief phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked to come in person for an interview. I arrived 15 mins early for my interview & had to fill out a tedious application. Even after doing so the interviewers did not come in until almost a HOUR later!! I honestly should have walked out because they did not respect my time like I respected theirs. I ended up interviewing with 4 managers for about another 30 mins. A couple days later, I was contacted to come back in to interview with a manager who was absent from the previous meeting, which is not my issue but I said okay. He & a manager from the previous interview were actually on time & very direct. About 2 weeks later, I received the typical “we have picked a better suited candidate”. Overall, it was a complete waste of my time & gas. When a company doesn’t respect your time as a candidate it’s a clear sign to walk away.

Shipping Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evergreen Shipping (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Consisted of 2 interviews a week apart.
    1st Interview with 2 people.
    2nd Interview with 3 people who were upper management.
    Questions were easy and were not mentally challenging. Unlike other interviews for similar companies, there were no numerical or personality tests.

Interview Questions

• Where do you live?
      What is your work experience?
      Have you worked in a customer service based environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They tell you what the salary and benefiits are and you accept or don't accept.

Commercial Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Evergreen Shipping.

Interview

It was a short interview where two people asked several questions most on my experience in shipping and my career to this point. They did want to know about my thoughts in the industry and how it could be improve.