Evolv Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Evolv

5.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Evolv

Junior Account Manager Interview

Interview

In my six month long job search as a recent college grad, the experience I had with Evolv was the worst interview by far. I applied via Craigslist and was contacted fairly quickly by one of their in house recruiters. I went through a phone screen with her, then I was told that in order to be considered for this position i had to complete a set of PowerPoint slides. So I did. Then I had another phone screen with a different recruiter because the one I spoke with previously had quit (hmmm, I wonder why?) Finally, they scheduled me for an interview onsite. My in person interview was going to last 2.5 hours and I was to meet with 5 different team members. For an entry level position? Really? Once I got to the interview I found out that this only the first in person interview, the next step would be to have a round of executive interviews. This might require me to come back several times, since their executives are so very incredibly busy (and I am not, since I have all the time in the world for 3 hours of interviewing and coming back and forth a bunch of times.)
    The fact that the interview was over two hours was exhausting in itself but the worst part were their tricky, annoying questions. I felt like I was locked in a room and tortured for a while. There were people coming in and out of the room and assessing my various skills. There were situational and hypothetical questions along with poorly worded questions about their own process (how the hell should I know? I don't work here yet…) Oh, and someone came in and introduced himself in the lobby as one of the people I was to interview with but then didn't have time to do so. Seriously? He was scheduled in the email they sent me, introduced himself but then when it came time to give me 20 minutes, couldn't do it? This made them look really unprofessional and disorganized. On the other hand, thank goodness he didn't have time because the interview was already running late and if I was asked more ridiculous questions I was going to scream.
    By the end of my interview, I was pretty sure that I did not want the job. I felt tortured, exhausted and like I had just been held in captivity for almost 3 hours. I mean, come on, I am applying for an entry level job, not trying to get top security clearance. Now, all of that by itself, wouldn't have been enough to have me write a review on Glassdoor. There was only one thing that warranted this rant: they NEVER even got back to me! Two phone screens, a PowerPoint and 2.5 hours of torturous interview later, they do not even have the common courtesy to write me an email saying they selected someone else. They are incredibly unprofessional and clearly have no respect for you or your time from day one. They think they are super cool but there are other start ups that are actually awesome and will not make you feel like a commodity. Here is a company that specializes in improving other businesses' human resources but they should really take a long hard look at their own hiring process because it is absolutely ridiculous! Shame on you Evolv!

Interview Questions

• What metrics would you use to tell a customer that they are doing well?   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Evolv (San Francisco, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

They sent me position description requesting a Senior Java Dev. They wanted 10+ years of experience with high level experience and high level degree. I asked them about salary. They said they had a wide range from 120k to 180k.

Interview Questions

• Why are they targeting a wide salary range if they want a senior level java dev?   1 Answer