Excela Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Excela Health Interview Questions

2.5

Patient Coordinator/Front Desk Interview

Interview

Interviewed at several locations for this position, not exactly sure what the issues where that i didn't get hired, however, i will take that as a blessing in disguise. I had to fanangle missing work to go these interviews. Complete waste of time! The employment center and it's staff has alot to be desired. Rude people to say the least. Need people who are a little more professional in personality. In an interview in Ligonier, the two supervisors pretty much talked amongst themselves. Total waste of my time and aggervation trying to get permission to arrive at work a little late.

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Excela Health (Greensburg, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard job interview with HR. The same went with interviewing with the department manager. HR was not willing to negotiate any salary or benefits. In my opinion, I don't want to work for a company that is not willing to negotiate anything. I was going to decline their benefits because my spouse already has a better option and they would not give better pay for declining. The salary for starting all starting new nurses is about $23.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a difficult person and how did you over come that?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Excela Health in January 2015.

Interview

Apply online. Got a call from HR a week later to schedule interview. Met with the HR hirer for first interview. Next met with the unit manager at hospital. Then shadowed on unit.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?
      Tell me about a patient whom really stuck out to you during your experiences & why did they?
      What are your job duties now, explain your current position.
      Tell me about a unhappy customer & how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Ancilliary Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Excela Health.

Interview

Delayed contact between submitting resume and initial contact for interview. Total process from submission to job offer over 1 month. Three part interview with HR, department manager and peer interview taking a majority of the day. HR most concerned with availability, credentials and anticipated salary. Make sure you have a firm value in mind.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience with a difficult co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Non Clinical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Excela Health.

Interview

Interviews are a joke. The process drags on forever (over a month). Management doesn't want to hire anyone that could be a threat to their job in the future. Questions did not help to see if the candidate was a good fit. Managers need more training in interviewing skills.

Negotiation

Took about 2 weeks after I asked for certain terms to get approval.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Excela Health.

Interview

initial contact and scheduling of interview with dept manager was through a human resource representative. interview was with the department manager and a clinical coordinator. it felt somewhat awkward because i believe the coordinator had been in the department longer so had a better feel for how things really work: self-scheduling and how many hours and shifts are required, for example. the manager was coming off more restrictive and i could tell the coordinator was trying to be a buffer through out the interview.

Interview Questions

• there was not one particular difficult question. it was disappointing because it focused more on personality than skills and experience. for example, "name a situation where you were a good listener and how it affected the situation."   Answer Question

because even though i had been in the hospital for 8 yrs i was going to be new to this department and would have less seniority than a Graduate Nurse, even though I have been a nurse for 16 years.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Excela Health (Greensburg, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Weeks later I had an in person interview with the team. Then it took over a month to hear back about whether I got the job or not.

Technical Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Excela Health (Greensburg, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

It was a two phase interview. First with HR then with the Department Nurse Manager. I tried to negotiate starting pay based on my experience and was told. The starting pay is what it is, take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

• What is my greatest strength?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told to take it or leave it.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Excela Health (Greensburg, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was very intense, be prepared! they ask alot of the same questions you would think in a normal interview, but it is a two part interview. they have you come in and talk to the HR rep, then they have you report to the floor and job shadow for an hour or two.

Escort Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Excela Health (Greensburg, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the escort position and was called within one week. One week later, I interviewed with the human resources manager and my department lead. I was hired on the same day. Just look nice, be professional, and smile.

Negotiation

No negotiation