Exelixis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Their hiring process is fine, although you have to interview with many people and the entire process can take months before you receive a job offer. First you have a couple of telephone screens, then you have a face to face interview with several employees then there may be a follow up telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions in my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no opportunity to negotiate as the make it clear that an offer is the best and only one they will make.

Clinical Trial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a panel type interview. I met my "future" team members. The team that interviewed me were from Development Operations, Clinical Science, Data Management, Quality and Operational Management. I enjoyed meeting the team. I especially enjoyed the Quality Team's questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example that you have to manage a conflict within your team   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Exelixis (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

There was a full day interview of 8 people and 30 minute interviews each. The people selected were colleagues I would work with as well as department heads of other groups.

Interview Questions

• Some standard inteview questions such as why do you want to work for Exelixis. Also questions regarding commutes now that they have moved to Alameda.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelixis.

Interview

phone interview first, then on site interview with dept group, director, tour the lab, talk about position and duties, hr also does interview, talking about benefit, and ask avbout salary exoectation

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Exelixis in February 2007.

Interview

Easy application process. Friendly human resources department. Prompt response to follow up calls. Good work environment. Asked many molecular / cellular bio questions. Panel interview. Two interviews. Initial phone screening followed by panel interview. Work culture laid back and easy going. Office up-to-date, clean. Nice people, employees seemed to really like working there.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very pleasant people, questions relevant for the job description. However, it took a long time until I did not hear that they will move forward to hire me. All in all, the whole interviewing process was pleasant, just a lot of uncertainty.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything I just accepted the offer as it is as the offer was fair.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview was in December 2007.

There were several 1:1 interviews, a 1-hour presentation as well as a question and answer period, and we went out to lunch. The questions were mostly technical in nature, and they wanted to know how hands-on I would be in the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Senior SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Exelixis (San Francisco, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

The interviewer began with a statement to the effect that all Statistical contractors at Exelixis are given meaningless and rote work to do, so as to prevent them from making any meaningful contribution to the company. The interviewer (the director of Statistical Programming) then proceeds to do what amounts to an Oral Examination (remember your thesis defense when you were in college?) Yes, that sort of oral examination except that it covers not the last few years of your academic life, but the last 10 years of your work experience. Unfair? Of course. No one remembers that much detail, and it would appear that the interviewer is going through the motions, but in actuality is quite hostile toward the interviewee. The purpose of the interview is to humiliate the interviewee with set questions that the interviewers have researched in advance, of which there is little chance
    of getting completely correct. Given the interviewers initial statement, it would seem that one of the job requirements is that ability to put up with verbal humiliation.

Interview Questions

• What are some typical oncology efficacy endpoints?   1 Answer
    • How were they defined?   1 Answer
    • What SAS procedure do you use to generate the Kaplan-Meyer survival curves?   1 Answer
    • What option on this SAS procedure is used to produce the p-value.   1 Answer

Senior Data Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelixis in July 2014.

Interview

Kept me waiting for an hour because no one could find the first interviewer. Standard 5 people interview with out lunch. No one had any sense of urgency to establish a rappirt

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Started with an online application followed by a phone screening with the recruiter and the hiring manager and ended with a face to face interview. A very long list of interviewers, some were courteous, the other not so much.