Exelixis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

3.1

Senior Manager Records and Information Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

After a telephone interview with the principal manager, I met with 5 other employees from various segments of the company which included Finance, legal, HR and Compliance. The interviewers had anywhere from a few months of time with the company to 13 years. I met with each person for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The dominant questions were how would you initiate the new job and what are my expectations   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very pleasant people, questions relevant for the job description. However, it took a long time until I did not hear that they will move forward to hire me. All in all, the whole interviewing process was pleasant, just a lot of uncertainty.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything I just accepted the offer as it is as the offer was fair.

Senior Data Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelixis in July 2014.

Interview

Kept me waiting for an hour because no one could find the first interviewer. Standard 5 people interview with out lunch. No one had any sense of urgency to establish a rappirt

Quality Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

They took me into a small conference room, very well lit, offered me water- they were very courteous. The interview lasted about 3 hours, with about 4 personnel- each lasting about 30 minutes each. Each person was definitely very experienced and knowledgeable. Overall- good experience with nice people

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you're super busy?   1 Answer

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone interview. Next full day of interviews with team, director, etc. Everyone was very nice and I did not find it to be really stressful. Asked a lot about what I knew, what I wanted in a job, where I saw my career going. Overall, a good interview with really nice people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some negative things about you as an employee   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Their hiring process is fine, although you have to interview with many people and the entire process can take months before you receive a job offer. First you have a couple of telephone screens, then you have a face to face interview with several employees then there may be a follow up telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions in my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no opportunity to negotiate as the make it clear that an offer is the best and only one they will make.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview was in December 2007.

There were several 1:1 interviews, a 1-hour presentation as well as a question and answer period, and we went out to lunch. The questions were mostly technical in nature, and they wanted to know how hands-on I would be in the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

I met with all members in the group and couple others from other departments.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Exelixis in February 2007.

Interview

Easy application process. Friendly human resources department. Prompt response to follow up calls. Good work environment. Asked many molecular / cellular bio questions. Panel interview. Two interviews. Initial phone screening followed by panel interview. Work culture laid back and easy going. Office up-to-date, clean. Nice people, employees seemed to really like working there.

Programming Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelixis in May 2008.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by onsite interview for half a day.