Exelon Generation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2018

2.9

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Oswego, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was with would-be direct supervisor, department manager, and HR representative. Questions were fairly basic. All questions were asked to be answered in the same format: state the situation, explain the actions taken, state the outcome.

Interview Questions

• "Recall a time when you had a time constraint on a task. How did you accomplish this task?"   Answer Question
    • "Have you ever had to address a safety concern at work? If so, how did you handle the situation."Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelon Generation in March 2014.

Interview

Got a phone call in the middle of class, recruiter left a message asking if I had a few minutes to talk. I called him immediately after class (approx. 20 minutes later) and got no answer. I left a message and explained why I missed the call, and told him which times I could be reached.

He then called back two days later at the same time (while I was in class). I then called back after class and got no answer, left another message, then I called about two hours later. He finally answered and asked if I had a few minutes to talk about the position.

I said yes, expecting some basic questions about my resume, referrals, etc. But instead he dove straight into a formal phone interview, which caught me off guard as there was no indication in his voicemails that this call was for an actual interview.

He asked some basic questions about my strengths and weaknesses, what I know about the company, what my GPA was, why I am fit for the position, and how I handle multitasking.

I answered the questions to the best of my ability given the situation, but really wasn't expecting a call back due to my unpreparedness. I ended up not hearing from him again.

Best advice for job seekers would be to make some cheat sheets for a phone interview after sending the application, and be prepared to (without being notified) receive a phone interview call.

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Warrenville, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews. One with an HR rep and one with someone from the department I would be working in. After the second interview I received an offer about a month later via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone very different from you and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Kennett Square, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted Online and they called me a few weeks later basically offered me the job without an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Lewisburg, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Was mainly behavioral type interview and asked about some basic STAR questions. It was my first intern interview so I was extremely nervous so I wasn't expecting a call. They called two months later asking me to intern.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Electrical Engineering and how will it help you?
      Give me an example of taking leadership in a group setting.   Answer Question

I declined because I wanted to go towards banking instead.

IT Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Exelon Generation.

Interview

Job interview was 100 percent behavior based with NO questions regarding the actual job or position I applied for. At the end when I was asked if I had any questions, I asked for job duty clarifications. Very poorly written job description (vague) and the interview was scattered and all over the place. It felt and looked like three monkeys trying to handle a football!? I WAS NOT offered the job.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I met Exelon at a University career fair and was encouraged to apply because I am an Electrical Engineer. I was offered an interview the next morning on campus. The interview was very straightforward and only behavioral. My interviewer was a Nuclear Engineer. This interview was probably easier for me than the average because my interviewer was an alumni of my university and held the same on-campus job that I did at the time.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation.

Interview

I applied online, contacted by HR 2 weeks later. HR asked questions about experience noted in my resume. I had a face-to-face interview 2 weeks later. The interview process was professional, conducted by 3 Exelon staff including the hiring manager. All behavioral questions about team work, facing a work challenge, very typical STAR questions. You have to be prepared with some work stories

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to complete a difficult assignment, what made it specially challenging, how did you approach it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewing process was average. Questions were not hard, basic behavior based questions. Used STAR technique.

Negotiation

Entry level position, no neqogiation.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Clinton, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was no that difficult. They are very formal in how you respond to their questions. They will provide a specific format on how to answer their questions when they want to bring you in for an interview.