Exelon Generation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Exelon Generation Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2016

Nuclear Equipment Operator Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delta, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Delta, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a long old process. I applied to the position in late July, and I was given a phone call in early August from a senior recruiter. This phone call was just to confirm I was still interested, and set up a date for testing. The tests required are the POSS and the BMST, both tests need to be taken on-site and take about 5 hours total. BMST is basic math/science and if you graduated high school you should pass easily. The POSS is somewhat like the SAT's but under a very intense time restriction. I was supplied test prep materials. After completing this testing, a week later I got a call saying that I passed and they set up an in-person interview for the following week. I went on-site once again and interviewed with a woman from HR, an operations manager, and the training manager. I went down my resume item by item explaining each part, I was asked some basic HR questions (why do you want the job, what are your goals), then I was asked 3 behavioral based questions that were required to be answered in STAR format. They told me about the structure of the interview beforehand. They then told me all about the job, and the training, and allowed time for me to ask questions. I was told I would receive notification about the decision in a month's time. They never made an attempt to contact me, ignored all of my attempt to contact them, and ended up asking my recruiter to see if he could give me an answer, and he told me that they chose somebody else. Otherwise, the whole process was very professional and stress-free.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you saw somebody acting in an unsafe manner, and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to evaluate pros and cons in a situation, and what did you choose?   Answer Question

ILT to SRO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Warrenville, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview, they flew me out and I took the POSS and BMST. I went through their screening process with a third party company, it was a basic assessment. I was then invited to an onsite face to face interview with 3 Exelon employees.

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Oswego, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was with would-be direct supervisor, department manager, and HR representative. Questions were fairly basic. All questions were asked to be answered in the same format: state the situation, explain the actions taken, state the outcome.

Interview Questions

• "Recall a time when you had a time constraint on a task. How did you accomplish this task?"   Answer Question
    • "Have you ever had to address a safety concern at work? If so, how did you handle the situation."Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morris, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Morris, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter found me on Linkedin and came in touch with me. It started with a phone screen and then a week later there was an interview with the Engineering manager and HRG (who also was the hiring manager). Interview process started with explanation of the job description where the engg manager told me about the job and responsibilities. After that they started asking me behavioral questions 6 in total. The answers must be answer in STAR format.

Make sure you prepare well for the interview and well in advance. If you will be working at a specific station do good research the station. Example its capacity, start date, MW's etc.

Also don't forget to see the company's vision and core values which are very important.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed problem solving skills at your job?
      Tell me about a time when your manager did something unethical? What did you do?
      Tell me about a time when you saved money for your company?
      Tell me about a time when you followed safety guidelines?
      Tell me about a time when you stood out from your group at your current job?
      Tell me about a time when you were criticized by your co-worker? How did you handle it?

Why do you want to work for Exelon?
      Answer Question
    • Questions you asked the interviewer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelon Generation.

Interview

Process took quite a while but it was worth it in the end. There was an initial phone interview that asks simple behavioral questions and your future goals. The actual interview followed the phone screening. After both of those came the 4 day testing and drug screening to get into the plant. Tests dealt with basic nuclear power function and safety. Interview was all behavioral questions and was held by an engineering supervisor as well as an HR person. Interview was around 40 minutes in length. Interviewers were really nice and gave feedback at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you took on a leadership role.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that required coping skills.   Answer Question
    • In one of your previous jobs, what was one thing that you picked up quickly on and one thing that you did not pick up quickly on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Oswego, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

behavioral interview, describe different professional experiences, started with a phone screening and then had to go in for testing and a panel interview with 4 people including SRO's and an HR generalist

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you saw a co-worker do something unethical.   Answer Question

Rad Waste Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Morris, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Typical interview process. Contacted by a recruiter who set up an interview for a week later. The actual interview was only 7 questions long, but all answers must be in the STAR format. Took a little less than an hour from start to finish. Everything was done professionally. My only/biggest gripe is that I never heard back from them after the interview. Also, make sure you arrive 45 minutes early because it can take that long to get through security.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a project you were working on experienced an unexpected delay and was in danger of not being completed. What did you do to make sure it got done?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I met Exelon at a University career fair and was encouraged to apply because I am an Electrical Engineer. I was offered an interview the next morning on campus. The interview was very straightforward and only behavioral. My interviewer was a Nuclear Engineer. This interview was probably easier for me than the average because my interviewer was an alumni of my university and held the same on-campus job that I did at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cordova, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Cordova, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Before being offered an interview, I had to go spend a day at the plant education center taking two written tests. After passing the tests, I was called for an interview the next week. After being asked a bunch of hard behavioral questions, I was told that they would contact me either way within a couple of weeks. It's been a month and a half and I have not heard from them, so I'm assuming that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Limerick, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Limerick, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially they start off by having you complete a Basic Math and science test (BMST) and the POSS test. If you're traveling from afar they'll have you interview the next day. Otherwise, they'll wait for your test results. The interview was a panel style with 3 individuals. Once you interview you'll get a tour of the facility and you should hear back within a few weeks, depending on testing.

The interview questions are the typical STAR format, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

In asking about the position they said that this position feeds into all other positions within the plant and this allowed you a good foundation. However, in talking with our tour guide he made it very clear to us that once you are in this position within operations it is nearly impossible to get out. They've invested lots of time and money in training for this position and are not easy to let you move.