Exelon Generation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.9

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Clinton, IL).

Interview

Standard interview, no follow up dates. Two members of management were conducting the interview. You would be well prepared if you study stand interview questions, and apply them to your desired role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this organizaiton.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelon Generation.

Interview

Several interview members, including HR, Training, and Operations staff. Reviewed job history and asked simple questions about it. Mostly behavioral questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result aka STAR). Asked if I had any questions and answered them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to correct a subordinates improper behavior.   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Exelon Generation.

Interview

First I had to complete 3 online assignments. Once I passed that stage, I was setup for an onsite interview. It lasted about 1hr. 15 min. The STAR technique was used. Overall, it was a great interview and I learned a lot about the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced inequality during a project at work/college?   Answer Question

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Byron, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Byron, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter who talked to me about what I was looking for and went over some of their available positions. After hearing that I wanted to be hands-on he suggested I think about the equipment operator role. I was then emailed by the recruitment team to go to Warrenville, IL and take the POSS and BMST exams. I heard back the next day that I did very well on the exams and they wanted to move onto the next stage. I choose my top three locations and was interviewed at the plant in Byron, IL. I was interviewed by 3 people panel style. They only had five questions for me and all pertained to teamwork and safety. I got a verbal offer the next day and two of my interviewers emailed me, congratulating me. Right now, I'm in the process of deciding if I want to accept my offer. I was given the contact info of one of their current equipment operators so that I could get more of a feel the position and what it entails. Overall, the people were very nice and super friendly. I really appreciated the feedback I got from the people in Byron and if I do accept it will be mostly because I want to work with people like them.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in a team? Talk about a time you worked with someone you didn't agree with?
      Tell me about yourself? How have you acted when you saw someone doing something unsafe? Talk about a time that you went above and beyond what was asked of you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation in February 2017.

Interview

Two interviews - one 30 minute phone screening with a recruiter followed by a 60 minute in-person interview with the hiring manager on-site at the facility.

Interviews were fine - the phone screening was a typical recruiter screening. The in-person consisted of a mix of behavioral questions and discussion of my experience relative to the position. A lot of back and forth re: the job responsibilities and my relevant experience.

I was told at the time of my in-person interview that I would be advancing in the interview process, which would include phone interviews with the regional communications director and the VP of marketing. I was also told by the hiring manager that I would hear back from her within the next few days (interview took place on a Thursday - was told to expect an update no later than Monday) to confirm my next round of interviews. However, two weeks passed with no updates.

Eventually I was told by the recruiter over email that they'd decided to move forward with other candidates, with no other feedback provided. This left me puzzled, disappointed and curious about what happened to have changed their minds.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager mixed in some typical behavioral interview questions with discussions of my experience and the general job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Nuclear Equipment Operator Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delta, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Delta, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a long old process. I applied to the position in late July, and I was given a phone call in early August from a senior recruiter. This phone call was just to confirm I was still interested, and set up a date for testing. The tests required are the POSS and the BMST, both tests need to be taken on-site and take about 5 hours total. BMST is basic math/science and if you graduated high school you should pass easily. The POSS is somewhat like the SAT's but under a very intense time restriction. I was supplied test prep materials. After completing this testing, a week later I got a call saying that I passed and they set up an in-person interview for the following week. I went on-site once again and interviewed with a woman from HR, an operations manager, and the training manager. I went down my resume item by item explaining each part, I was asked some basic HR questions (why do you want the job, what are your goals), then I was asked 3 behavioral based questions that were required to be answered in STAR format. They told me about the structure of the interview beforehand. They then told me all about the job, and the training, and allowed time for me to ask questions. I was told I would receive notification about the decision in a month's time. They never made an attempt to contact me, ignored all of my attempt to contact them, and ended up asking my recruiter to see if he could give me an answer, and he told me that they chose somebody else. Otherwise, the whole process was very professional and stress-free.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you saw somebody acting in an unsafe manner, and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to evaluate pros and cons in a situation, and what did you choose?   Answer Question

ILT to SRO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Warrenville, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview, they flew me out and I took the POSS and BMST. I went through their screening process with a third party company, it was a basic assessment. I was then invited to an onsite face to face interview with 3 Exelon employees.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morris, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Morris, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter found me on Linkedin and came in touch with me. It started with a phone screen and then a week later there was an interview with the Engineering manager and HRG (who also was the hiring manager). Interview process started with explanation of the job description where the engg manager told me about the job and responsibilities. After that they started asking me behavioral questions 6 in total. The answers must be answer in STAR format.

Make sure you prepare well for the interview and well in advance. If you will be working at a specific station do good research the station. Example its capacity, start date, MW's etc.

Also don't forget to see the company's vision and core values which are very important.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed problem solving skills at your job?
      Tell me about a time when your manager did something unethical? What did you do?
      Tell me about a time when you saved money for your company?
      Tell me about a time when you followed safety guidelines?
      Tell me about a time when you stood out from your group at your current job?
      Tell me about a time when you were criticized by your co-worker? How did you handle it?

Why do you want to work for Exelon?   Answer Question
    • Questions you asked the interviewer?   1 Answer

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Oswego, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was with would-be direct supervisor, department manager, and HR representative. Questions were fairly basic. All questions were asked to be answered in the same format: state the situation, explain the actions taken, state the outcome.

Interview Questions

• "Recall a time when you had a time constraint on a task. How did you accomplish this task?"   Answer Question
    • "Have you ever had to address a safety concern at work? If so, how did you handle the situation."Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelon Generation.

Interview

Process took quite a while but it was worth it in the end. There was an initial phone interview that asks simple behavioral questions and your future goals. The actual interview followed the phone screening. After both of those came the 4 day testing and drug screening to get into the plant. Tests dealt with basic nuclear power function and safety. Interview was all behavioral questions and was held by an engineering supervisor as well as an HR person. Interview was around 40 minutes in length. Interviewers were really nice and gave feedback at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you took on a leadership role.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that required coping skills.   Answer Question
    • In one of your previous jobs, what was one thing that you picked up quickly on and one thing that you did not pick up quickly on?   Answer Question