Exelon Generation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Exelon Generation Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2018

2.9

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Ontario, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple, it consisted of first taking the BMST and POSS test then if you were recommended they offered you an interview. They asked me to run through my resume, then proceeded to give me scenarios in which I responded from my personal history.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when you displayed courage to a superior and how did you respond.   Answer Question

IT Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Exelon Generation.

Interview

Job interview was 100 percent behavior based with NO questions regarding the actual job or position I applied for. At the end when I was asked if I had any questions, I asked for job duty clarifications. Very poorly written job description (vague) and the interview was scattered and all over the place. It felt and looked like three monkeys trying to handle a football!? I WAS NOT offered the job.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Kennett Square, PA).

Interview

The interview process is very straight forward, and all questions are behavioral. Before beginning questions, they will tell you exactly the format you should use for your answers- STAR (situation, task, action, result). The notes they take while interviewing you have boxes for each of these items, so it is important to be clear for each of them.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Clinton, IL).

Interview

Standard interview, no follow up dates. Two members of management were conducting the interview. You would be well prepared if you study stand interview questions, and apply them to your desired role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this organizaiton.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelon Generation.

Interview

Several interview members, including HR, Training, and Operations staff. Reviewed job history and asked simple questions about it. Mostly behavioral questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result aka STAR). Asked if I had any questions and answered them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to correct a subordinates improper behavior.   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Exelon Generation.

Interview

First I had to complete 3 online assignments. Once I passed that stage, I was setup for an onsite interview. It lasted about 1hr. 15 min. The STAR technique was used. Overall, it was a great interview and I learned a lot about the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced inequality during a project at work/college?   Answer Question

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Byron, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Byron, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter who talked to me about what I was looking for and went over some of their available positions. After hearing that I wanted to be hands-on he suggested I think about the equipment operator role. I was then emailed by the recruitment team to go to Warrenville, IL and take the POSS and BMST exams. I heard back the next day that I did very well on the exams and they wanted to move onto the next stage. I choose my top three locations and was interviewed at the plant in Byron, IL. I was interviewed by 3 people panel style. They only had five questions for me and all pertained to teamwork and safety. I got a verbal offer the next day and two of my interviewers emailed me, congratulating me. Right now, I'm in the process of deciding if I want to accept my offer. I was given the contact info of one of their current equipment operators so that I could get more of a feel the position and what it entails. Overall, the people were very nice and super friendly. I really appreciated the feedback I got from the people in Byron and if I do accept it will be mostly because I want to work with people like them.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in a team? Talk about a time you worked with someone you didn't agree with?
      Tell me about yourself? How have you acted when you saw someone doing something unsafe? Talk about a time that you went above and beyond what was asked of you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation in February 2017.

Interview

Two interviews - one 30 minute phone screening with a recruiter followed by a 60 minute in-person interview with the hiring manager on-site at the facility.

Interviews were fine - the phone screening was a typical recruiter screening. The in-person consisted of a mix of behavioral questions and discussion of my experience relative to the position. A lot of back and forth re: the job responsibilities and my relevant experience.

I was told at the time of my in-person interview that I would be advancing in the interview process, which would include phone interviews with the regional communications director and the VP of marketing. I was also told by the hiring manager that I would hear back from her within the next few days (interview took place on a Thursday - was told to expect an update no later than Monday) to confirm my next round of interviews. However, two weeks passed with no updates.

Eventually I was told by the recruiter over email that they'd decided to move forward with other candidates, with no other feedback provided. This left me puzzled, disappointed and curious about what happened to have changed their minds.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager mixed in some typical behavioral interview questions with discussions of my experience and the general job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview through an employee referral. It was with a senior engineering manager and a hiring manager. The questions were STAR format questions. It ended with a conversation about general experiences and interests etc.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to overcome a difficulty?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelon Generation (Warrenville, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews. One with an HR rep and one with someone from the department I would be working in. After the second interview I received an offer about a month later via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone very different from you and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question