Expedia Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Expedia Group

1,381 Interview Reviews

2.9

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

I had a video call where the questions were on the screen then I recorded myself with my answer. It took about 45 minutes. I interviewed in February for a summer marketing internship. Then didn't hear anything back assuming due to COVID even after reaching out to the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How would you improve x?
      How would you structure an email to your manager when you need a data set   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

hirevue 5~10 basic questions -> recruiter talk -> two hiring managers (focus on past experience, how you make certain decisions, try to see whether you can do the job or not) -> area head (more on your motivation and also personality fit) -> offer. about 1 month?

Interview Questions

Interview

Was smooth process and no complaints. Only took a couple weeks to finish process because they hire in groups so have to wait until the class was available to take it

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

Interview went via phone, then in person loop. All team members were pleasant. The teams needed support during a growth phase and they were maturing so they need team members to provide impact on day on. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Tax Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional team. The HR ghosts you forever. First received an email for call and on day of call, she never (Felicia) called and did not respond to my emails either. After two months she reaches back saying role was on hold. I accepted to proceed had a call with hiring manager and then again ghosted with no response for two emails. I gave up and not going to apply for this company ever.

Interview Questions

• Open to relocation to seattle   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

The interview process is long with multiple people and they had to cancel last minute twice to reschedule during the first round. I let that go it happens. But then they had to do it again during the final round and it was really frustrating + unfair to get asked to reschedule last minute when I have a full time job already and it's difficult for me to take time off.

The interview questions were typical and not difficult as a result. The people that interviewed me were friendly and you can tell they have good work life balance. But pay is subpar for the industry additionally the people organizing the interviews are some of the worst people I ever worked with. It's clear Expedia departments do not talk to each other. This created a very nagitive impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions such as tell me about a time...   1 Answer

TPM Interview

Interview

Individual and group interviews. Nothing tricky but be prepared to answer questions in your discipline. Also know what you wrote on your resume because interviewer will feel dive into it.

Interview Questions

• Background. Technical questions and coding questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

There was a coding challenge that I did particularly well on, that asked various coding questions and multiple choice questions. The multiple choice questions ranged from conceptual java questions to SQL.

Interview Questions

• What project are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Unfortunately, I had one of the worst candidate experience with Expedia Group. I have read many experiences similar to mine here on Glassdoor regarding poor communication from the recruitment team, and I am wondering why wouldn't a company like Expedia take them seriously and make an effort to correct them.

I had done rounds of interviews, the initial screening, a semi-technical discussion with the hiring manager, which went great. Then I did a technical assessment, which I put a lot of time and thoughts to it. After that, I was told that the team and the hiring manager would like to bring me for an on-site interview. Let me mention that the interview was taken place in Seattle, and since I am located in a different state, I had to take three days off work and travel there. I also had to make a presentation from a case study data they gave me. I worked on for a week, analyzing data and preparing the presentation. I gladly did that because I was very keen to join the team, as the project and people looked very interesting and smart. After my on-site interview, which I thought went great, I thanked the recruiter, and she told me she'll be in touch regarding the next steps.

A week went by with no feedback. I sent a friendly email, asking if there was an approximate timeframe were I could expect to receive feedback or a decision. Another week went by with no answer from the recruiter. I send another email, stating that I am considering other opportunities, and since Expedia is my top choice, it would be great if I could get feedback from them (I was trying to not let my experience with the recruiter taint my overall view of the company). Again, no answer! You would think that sending a two-sentence email would take less effort than ignoring my two follow-ups!
    Two weeks went by and I get a short email from the recruiter, saying they haven't finalized the next steps yet, and she will tell me once they did! After nearly a month from the on-site interview, interviews with seven people, putting so much effort and energy on the whole process, this is the answer I get. This has left me with a very negative view of the recruitment team and the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

applied online and was invited to do a Hirevue online video. Had about 4 taped questions, 30 seconds to prepare and had 2 chances to record your answer. a couple of mulitple choice questions also, and had to write a mock email