Expedia Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Expedia Group

1,371 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

Interview went via phone, then in person loop. All team members were pleasant. The teams needed support during a growth phase and they were maturing so they need team members to provide impact on day on. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Tax Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional team. The HR ghosts you forever. First received an email for call and on day of call, she never (Felicia) called and did not respond to my emails either. After two months she reaches back saying role was on hold. I accepted to proceed had a call with hiring manager and then again ghosted with no response for two emails. I gave up and not going to apply for this company ever.

Interview Questions

• Open to relocation to seattle   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

The interview process is long with multiple people and they had to cancel last minute twice to reschedule during the first round. I let that go it happens. But then they had to do it again during the final round and it was really frustrating + unfair to get asked to reschedule last minute when I have a full time job already and it's difficult for me to take time off.

The interview questions were typical and not difficult as a result. The people that interviewed me were friendly and you can tell they have good work life balance. But pay is subpar for the industry additionally the people organizing the interviews are some of the worst people I ever worked with. It's clear Expedia departments do not talk to each other. This created a very nagitive impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions such as tell me about a time...   1 Answer

TPM Interview

Interview

Individual and group interviews. Nothing tricky but be prepared to answer questions in your discipline. Also know what you wrote on your resume because interviewer will feel dive into it.

Interview Questions

• Background. Technical questions and coding questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

There was a coding challenge that I did particularly well on, that asked various coding questions and multiple choice questions. The multiple choice questions ranged from conceptual java questions to SQL.

Interview Questions

• What project are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Unfortunately, I had one of the worst candidate experience with Expedia Group. I have read many experiences similar to mine here on Glassdoor regarding poor communication from the recruitment team, and I am wondering why wouldn't a company like Expedia take them seriously and make an effort to correct them.

I had done rounds of interviews, the initial screening, a semi-technical discussion with the hiring manager, which went great. Then I did a technical assessment, which I put a lot of time and thoughts to it. After that, I was told that the team and the hiring manager would like to bring me for an on-site interview. Let me mention that the interview was taken place in Seattle, and since I am located in a different state, I had to take three days off work and travel there. I also had to make a presentation from a case study data they gave me. I worked on for a week, analyzing data and preparing the presentation. I gladly did that because I was very keen to join the team, as the project and people looked very interesting and smart. After my on-site interview, which I thought went great, I thanked the recruiter, and she told me she'll be in touch regarding the next steps.

A week went by with no feedback. I sent a friendly email, asking if there was an approximate timeframe were I could expect to receive feedback or a decision. Another week went by with no answer from the recruiter. I send another email, stating that I am considering other opportunities, and since Expedia is my top choice, it would be great if I could get feedback from them (I was trying to not let my experience with the recruiter taint my overall view of the company). Again, no answer! You would think that sending a two-sentence email would take less effort than ignoring my two follow-ups!
    Two weeks went by and I get a short email from the recruiter, saying they haven't finalized the next steps yet, and she will tell me once they did! After nearly a month from the on-site interview, interviews with seven people, putting so much effort and energy on the whole process, this is the answer I get. This has left me with a very negative view of the recruitment team and the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

applied online and was invited to do a Hirevue online video. Had about 4 taped questions, 30 seconds to prepare and had 2 chances to record your answer. a couple of mulitple choice questions also, and had to write a mock email

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Seattle, WA) in January 2020.

Interview

Intern position: Very easy and friendly interview. I had a total of 4 interviews. 1st: Online (tehcnical questions, SQL Queries, recorded video). 2nd: Behavioral Interview 3rd: Technical Database questions, 4th Business questions

Interview Questions

• 1st Interview: Given database write SQL Queries, tell us about yourself
      2nd Interview: Went over resume, asked questions to test behavior (Example: What books do you have on your bookshelf)
      3rd Interview: More technical, asked what ACID meant, what is Normal Distribution, what is the difference between IN and BETWEEN operator in SQL.
      4th Interview: Business questions (Asked economics and accounting questions), What would Expedia do if a company listed a low pricing, but had a high behind the scenes price which made that search query listed high when searched but was not fair.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Start with phone interview then in house interview. The in house interview started by recruiter, then a team of 5, their roles include 2 Sr. Technical Product Manager, Hiring Manager, Sr. Developer, and Principal Program Manager with technical, product and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• SQL skills - written actual SQLs on white board; resolve business and technical conflicts; culture fits to the team/company   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

Interview

There is a virtual interview first with around 18 questions. The questions consist of short answer, multiple choice and recorded answers. The next step is 2 live-interviews with professionals take each take 60 minutes.