Exploration Summer Programs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Exploration Summer Programs Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exploration Summer Programs.

Interview

I applied and interviewed for the position one week later. I had two rounds of phone interviews where they asked pretty basic questions about prior job experiences and personality to assess personal fit. It was a pain-free experience.

RA-Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exploration Summer Programs (New Haven, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

To apply, you must submit an online essay, resume, and complete course listing to support your interest in instructing content specific courses. If approved, you will be invited to one or more Skype interviews with administrators from the organization. The Skype interview is informal, conversational, and generally asks about your experiences with students and teaching. You will be asked to describe ideas for specific lessons, and the expectation is that you come up with an "explo-cized" activity idea. This means a hands-on, student centered activity that allows the student to explore content in an new and exciting way. After this Skype interview, you may be asked to interview with another administrator, or you may be offered a position within the week.

Interview Questions

• Q: In what ways do you mediate conflict?
      Q: What are some interesting and exciting activities you would like to implement into your lesson plan for the _____ course?   Answer Question

Instructor/RA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exploration Summer Programs (Norwood, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Lengthy application; 30 minute interview with Assistant to the Heads. While tedious, the application was fairly easy to complete. Neither the application nor the interviewer accurately described the role, however.

Summer Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Exploration Summer Programs (Newton, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I first applied for the position online which takes a long amount of time because you have to apply to a large range of things you may potentially do while working there for the summer. I then had a phone interview with someone in the main office. After that there was a skype interview with one of the directors and then after that a third interview on the phone with someone else from the program. They called about the offer a few days later.

RA-Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exploration Summer Programs.

Interview

Was referred through a current employer and had a couple pleasant Skype interviews with different people throughout the company, including the head. All were intelligent and pleasant. They worked with me to insure that the specific subjects I would be working with were coinciding with my skillset and interests.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specifics, but any difficult questions would have most likely pertained to the at-times difficult nature of the job. You have to be prepared to commit fully.   Answer Question

Teacher/RA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exploration Summer Programs (New Haven, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

They just wanted to know how i would teach, what i would teach and how i would handle students fighting in dorms. it was over skype so it was very relaxed. they dont ask about your resume at all just what experience you have with teaching and then go forward to ask about students.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one student had a problem with their room mate being gay/lesbian/trans/bi?   1 Answer

Staff/Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exploration Summer Programs (Wellesley, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Skype interview with senior management. Went very well and felt comprehensive and welcoming. Mislead a bit on the depth of the responsibilities. The entire process was done in a timely manner and felt personal. The staff asked me relevant questions based on the information i submitted. The questions were well within my comfort zone and if you have decent people skills you should find it to be easy to handle.

Interview Questions

• What situations were you put in the past where you had to think on your feet?   Answer Question

Staff/Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exploration Summer Programs (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Consisted of one initial phone call followed by a Skype interview. Just asked questions about experience working with kids and personal questions. Overall was easy and is standard for the type of position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with kids?   Answer Question
    • Say you are late for your class but on your way you hear a student say "that's retarded," what do you do?   Answer Question

Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

Interview

The overall process was moderate. I first had a skype interview with one of the directors of the Yale Branch. The interview lasted for about 40 minutes. I'm sure most of the consideration was taken from the long application we had to fill out with many open ended questions.

Interview Questions

• This job entails saying no to people sometimes, how would you go about that?   Answer Question

Instructor/Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exploration Summer Programs (New Haven, CT) in November 2009.

Interview

Exploration came to my campus to recruit. Interested students could sign up for an interview. Interview consisted of mostly basic questions. The more unique questions they asked regarded what your plans are for teaching courses, that is, what do you want to teach in the courses you design. When describing this it's good to be detailed, think about this before hand. They also asked questions about experience as being a resident assistant.

Interview Questions

• What, specifically, do you have an interest in teaching?   1 Answer
    • Explain how you dealt with a problem living in a residential setting.   1 Answer