F.N.B. Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

F.N.B. Corporation Interview Questions

1.9

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process was easy. Got an email about a phone interview. then face to face interview with Market Manager. Negotiated Salary and got the offer pretty quickly. Started training in Lutherville for only a week then into the branch to start. Also interviewed with some other branch managers which I thought was very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at F.N.B. Corporation (New Castle, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone call from HR, asked for my references, they called them and then called me back to offer me the job with a couple more interview questions, and when i could begin training. Training wasn't bad if you knew some accounting basics and money counting skills, with computer skills. Training is a week long, then they place you in the branch where you shadow the head teller for a couple days and they let you do some transactions. If she thinks your ready you get a drawer and she watches and helps you for a day or two till you get the hang of things

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N.a

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at F.N.B. Corporation.

Interview

Depends on which manager interviews you, it really is up to them to guide the interview process. I had two interviews both laid back but, one manager asks me several questions relevant to the customer interaction and financial morales to the company. The other manager asked me no questions at all and explained what was expected, benefits, and company policiesbut nothing specified to my qualities.

Really had a great interview experience with this company as it was not cut throat and the managers were easy to get along with.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at F.N.B. Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

cold emailed the bank for an internship. got interviewed and had 2 interviews with management team. waited for 2 weeks to hear back, got the job and worked for 4 months.

Floating Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at F.N.B. Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and they're always looking for tellers. Pretty much ask you if you can add and have social skills, doesn't take much to get through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever handled money?   1 Answer

Floating Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at F.N.B. Corporation (State College, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was only asked about 3 questions, pretty informal, I was offered the job on the spot. Had to wait in the lobby for about 10 minutes and then was called in for the interview. My interviewer was fairly intimidating. She asked me why I thought I would be good for the job and I told her about my customer service and analytical skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had an issue w/ a customer and what did you do to resolve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at F.N.B. Corporation (Erie, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted and interviewed two different times as I interviewed at two different locations. I think normally they only do one interview with two to three people participating. It was your normal interview and there was also a small five minute test. There was a credit check. As far as I know they did contact references and past employers.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at F.N.B. Corporation (Erie, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Application online (a friend told me to do this); then I got a call to interview. Met with two managers for interview, the bank manager and the human resources manager from home office. I took a skills test and a personality test. I got offered the job 2 weeks later but my work life had changed. I started consulting and planned to do it 3 times a year. They had to talk but decided to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult for me was availability as part-time employee -- have to be available most Saturdays, might be less work in the non-busy season.   1 Answer

Still sorting how much time I need to care for my mother. I will contact the bank in a few months to let them know if I am interested still and they may consider it if they haven't found another person for the job.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

very brief. no information on pay scale, raises or benefits. Most volunteered info was false.

Interview Questions

• Not enough put into the interview to have an answe to that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at F.N.B. Corporation (Hermitage, PA) in February 2009.

Interview

Initial communications were very cordial and welcoming. I knew going into the process that I was not working with a startup, but a well-established bank and financial services company, so my expectation of its developer-friendliness were reduced accordingly.

I arrived on-site for a late afternoon/early evening interview after a marathon day of several interviews throughout western Pennsylvania. I was escorted by a gentleman likely in his early 50s to a small room in the receiving facility, where I took a "culture test". This test asked several questions about how I'd handle certain personnel situations (sexual harassment, dishonesty, etc.) and polled me for my own beliefs on what is right and wrong. The interviewer scored it later and said that I "performed well". I also filled out a traditional employment application, where I knowingly high-balled my salary requirement (75% higher than the job offer I eventually accepted from the interviews that day) because I would only subject myself to such an environment at a premium.

Following this, he directed me to drive up to the main building approximately a mile away. I had no problem finding it, as I am familiar with the area. I arrived and met him at the door (he couldn't taxi me there, nor could I take him, for legal reasons he cited). We went through the building and he showed me their server room. We eventually made it to another hiring officer's office, where the next part of the interview occurred.

We talked a little about me, then a little about the position - standard polyglot "you're our swiss army knife" web development job - before proceeding to go over a list of skills that was probably 70-100 items long. Rate each skill from 0-10, 0 indicated no knowledge and 10 indicating mastery and production-level experience. This part was excruciating and sent signals about how FNB conducts its business, at least internally. It took the better part of 45 minutes of me saying nothing but numbers. I wasn't allowed to explain or ruminate or anything. Just numbers.

Following this, we talked a little more and was directed to head back down to the previous building, where I needed to take one more test. I don't remember what it was exactly, but I think it was a followup to the culture test. Maybe it was some kind of review of the interview process.

I did not receive an offer. I heard through an acquaintance that the person hired was paid approximately 2/3 of my requested amount, but I obviously have no verification of this.

I didn't expect to get an offer because of the high salary requirement and the air of disappointment when I answered 0 to just about every Microsoft technology other than Windows on the skills list. They should have been able to tell from my resume, my web site, and my online profiles that I am a developer who focuses on open source languages and activities. They did not advertise the desired language/technology skills other than "web developer".

Interview Questions

• What is your level of knowledge of technology X?   1 Answer
    • Is it OK to hug someone from behind while they are using the water cooler?   1 Answer