FAMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FAMS Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FAMS (Woodstock, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Woman who interviews possible employees, shows no emotion or reaction to answers. I was cut off many times when answering the questions and she would turn my own words around. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Would you like to grow with this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FAMS (Woodstock, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, the recruiter emailed me a couple of assessments to take the next day. I completed the assessments within 2 hrs and she immediately called me and asked if I had time for a quick phone interview. After the phone interview she requested I come in for an in person interview the next morning, Friday. I was called on Monday afternoon and offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Q. What does the term 'skip tracing' mean to you?
      Q. How would you handle an upset debtor?
      Q. Why are you considering a collector position since you've always been in sales & customer service?
      Q. Do you have any experience with a call center and production quotas?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Base hourly is set and I see it as competitive for my area.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FAMS.

Interview

Hiring process is pretty straight forward. You will probably be called first to be screened, then you will need to take some brief tests, basic math and verbal skills as well as minimal computer skills.

Interview Questions

• in the interview they asked questions directly related to the position and its every day duties.   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FAMS (Tucker, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email 3 days after I applied. I had a phone interview, then contacted via email to have a in office interview with two managers. I got a good feel for what they are looking for in a collector, and also what is required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FAMS (Sharonville, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly quick however no feedback as to why i was declinded a position with the company recruiter would not return calls very unprofessional to say the least. I believe this is due to incompetent recruiter who doesnt deserve the position

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FAMS (Tucker, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty much straight forward. I first applied online then received a phone call from a recruiter asking me to come in , the following day.

Interview Questions

• How many years have I been in collections ?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself , and how would you handle an irate debtor?   Answer Question

Director of Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FAMS (Tucker, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

There was a long multi interview process both over the phone and on-site with multiple members of management, there were multiple phone interviews with different people. Then I was flown down from another state for on site testing, psych evaluation, and lunch. There was not much of an on-site interview. The true interview was no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What happened at your last employer?   1 Answer

Interview

They began with a phone interview and computer assessment. After passing both, a face-to-face interview was scheduled. At the end of the interview a thorough background check was ran. A few days later job offer made. Fairly smooth and simple process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not given in advice on how to negotiate att eh time, so I did not negotiate.

Student Loan Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAMS (Saint Charles, MO).

Interview

interview process was a little lengthy, but gave me an accurate idea of what the job entailed. erin answered all my questions and made my transition from restaurant work to collections an exciting one

Interview Questions

• Name a time you received feedback from a supervisor you didn't agree with. What was it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was very pleased with the offer they made me, but more excited about the unlimited bonus potential and car club.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FAMS.

Interview

Very easy interview ....one phone interview ....one face-to-face interview