Fahrenheit 212 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

1. Featured Interview

Money Side Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fahrenheit 212 (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Lots of candid informal conversations about innovation with many members of the team (both sides of house)

Final presentation with curve balls (less time, many questions) on innovation case

First questions were very little behavioral type questions (maybe 25%) the rest of the time (total of 5 interviews) was spent discussing my ideas on innovation, how to approach innovation problems, and areas that excite me about innovation

Interview Questions

• The case was assessing a major fast food chain and deciding what partner would be best for it.

It was a considerable amount of work and resulted in 2 1 hr interviews (with 2 managers assessing at each interview)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fahrenheit 212 (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The process started with a couple of phone screens, and then two extensive in-person interviews in which we presented an assigned case. The interview process itself was good; with the exception of one interviewer who seemed to not understand what was assigned, everyone else asked good questions and built on the case in interesting ways - cool people overall. After the second in person interview, HR reached back for next steps. They confirmed interest, talked about salary and said bluntly that they were going to formalize an offer by the end of that week. This never happened; about month later, they notified me that they were moving in another direction. This is understandable, but their wishy-washy attitude, opaque/contradictory communication and complete disregard of timing were disrespectful and unnecessary. I can truly say that their HR team is the most unprofessional one I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

Interview Questions

• The phones screens were typical "tell me about yourself" stuff, with some added discussion around innovation.   Answer Question
    • The live-interview were case rundowns. They asked about specifics of your idea, challenges, and then winded down to more informal talks about the industry and Fahrenheit's work.   Answer Question

Pipeline Future TBD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fahrenheit 212 (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Perhaps my situation was unique in that I was meeting with F-212 as a potential future hire as part of their pipeline talent acquisition strategy. I met with Fahrenheit 212's Head of Talent on multiple occasions. Each meeting was 1-2 hours long - was absolutely never rushed - and had no err of hierarchy or intimidation. After this experience, I am certain that Fahrenheit 212 cares deeply about its people and that their culture is family-like and inclusive. Never have I been given so much time or freedom in an interview process to be "myself" - no question of mine was left unanswered or given a vague response. Beyond their Head of Talent, everyone I encountered during the few days I spent at Fahrenheit 212 was super friendly and apparently happy. It's rare to see an organization that takes so much time and energy in not only matching experience/skills, but also in ensuring that folks within the organization will be happy, a good personal fit and inspired - with a managed career path. If you're lucky enough to get an interview here - GO FOR IT! Even if the process is long, it will be worth it.

Interview Questions

• Many questions and conversation around my experience in developing / managing career paths, personal development and feedback. The emphasis F-212 places on managing their team was very impressive to me.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fahrenheit 212 (New York, NY).

Interview

I was supposed to meet with 2 people, however only after arriving did I learn that only 1 person was available. I was going off of a very sparse job description and I expected that I would get more clarification there. However, I did not. The person I spoke too seemed out of touch with his office. For instance, he said they were really fun and wild there, but my impression was that it was an extremely quiet workplace and there was no one around anyway. I also got the impression that there was not much in the way of direction for what they were going to do next, or how they wanted to move forward in building their team. He was also incredibly distracted, checking his phone often and even leaving the room once or twice.

I figured that he was not interested in extending an offer when he mentioned that he'd deliberately laid off most of his workforce in order to "start again" - as opposed to laying out your new goals for the team and giving people the opportunity to adapt. A throw out the baby with the bath water approach to people management. He actually confirmed in the interview that he wasn't ready to extend an offer, rather than waiting to speak to the staffing firm that set up the interview. So, in fact, it was all a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Just asked me to review my work.   1 Answer

Innovation Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fahrenheit 212 (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I spent 5 weeks meeting no less than 8 people. Lots of frank and honest questions, no pretend HR questions. I bonded with a few of them and could see why they are so thorough. I enjoyed the process and even found the case I was asked to complete interesting. I was asked to complete what amounted to 5 hours of work to present my thinking on a project. It was interested to share it and then learn what they look for, what questions they asked etc. The process was really good as it felt genuine.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about where I was currently losing myself. Meaning, what things was I obsessed over, learning, studying or researching, or experiencing.   Answer Question

Innovation Consultant, Idea Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fahrenheit 212 (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Great experience! it was vey interesting to go through the whole process. I met with several people (5 in total, 4 meetings and 2 presentations of the same project) that I genuinely liked and would love to have the opportunity to work with in the future. They were not only smart but humble and fun. Everybody was extremely kind and pretty unique. The head of talent was very supportive through the whole process and I felt that he was more of a mentor than someone just evaluating a candidate. After presenting "the creative exercise" the team not only provided me with great feedback about the content but also about ways to better sell myself which was extremely generous of them. I did not get the job, but I am very thankful that I had to meet these guys and get to know about Fahrenheit 212 from the inside. Definitely a great company!

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation that a traditional interview   Answer Question

Innovation Consultant, Idea Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fahrenheit 212 (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and open about the process. He did not ask me all the routine interview questions. But, instead, he mainly just asked me what I wanted to learn from this experience and what questions I want to ask him. So I spent 80% of the interview asking him questions about the company, their process and challenges etc.

Innovation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fahrenheit 212 (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

There are four rounds of interviews: phone screen, case preparation, case explanation and behavioral interview (superday), and interviewing with the executives. Overall, the experience was very positive. The employees there are very intelligent and incredibly supportive and transparent through the whole process. The company has worked on some cool stuff, so a great thing to do is get familiar with their work. The case prep section is very difficult; I spent three days designing my case (pretty decks are good).

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the thing that connects all of the employees here?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fahrenheit 212 (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Sent my resume and had a phone interview with one of the current employees. While the company really sounds great and I knew of someone who worked in the design department and loved it there, the employee I spoke with (in the "ideas" department) sounded a little arrogant and more "business school" than "art school" which of course makes sense.

It reminded me that the concept of "innovation" is indeed taught in business schools but many of the people who actually create products and innovate don't come from business school and that ideas are NOT the result of cookie-cutter formulas.

It gave me the impression that the employee had never actually created an innovative product or taken an actual risk, from a entrepreneurial perspective but that she spent her time writing case studies and billing big companies for "expertise". While I was upset the interview didn't go anywhere, I am not surprised it didn't as we were not a good fit, clearly.

The employee sounded unengaged, a little condescending if not cold. And I didn't quite have the formal "innovation business" background they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the company/concept you have created   1 Answer
    • What is the one thing you are passionate about?   1 Answer
    • What are you the most proud of?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fahrenheit 212 (New York, NY).

Interview

I first talked with someone on the phone then got in contact with another employee. We then had a 30 minute phone call about my background experiences and what I was looking for in a company. He asked why I chose their company and why innovation. He asked about my background and how it was related to the field. He then shared the culture and style of the office and shared a taste of what the office was like. However, he seemed to be in a hurry and stuttered/repeated questions. He had some question moments before asking me to clarify or repeat myself. While he claimed the employees to be very genuine and friendly, he seemed a bit fake with a cold personality.

Interview Questions

• What is one product that is very innovated?
      Pepsi wants to come up with a healthier product. What do you suggest?   Answer Question